TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

OAO 6/20 ECW Week 2 Thread

Guys, Test is just one guy. 'sides, the real ECW crowds at smaller arenas will shit all over him if he ends up sucking. There are bigger things to work on with this promotion, but tonight's show was a quantum leap forward in quality compared to last week.

Terkay

He is apparently going to debut on Smackdown soon. As he has been wrestling on the House Show circuit with the roster.

I think he had a dark match tonight...and got beat, or beat someone. I'm not to sure, I just know he had a dark match tonight.

Terkay

He is apparently going to debut on Smackdown soon. As he has been wrestling on the House Show circuit with the roster.

I think he had a dark match tonight...and got beat, or beat someone. I'm not to sure, I just know he had a dark match tonight.

He lost to Matt Hardy in the SD pre-taping dark match.

This should've been the ECW debut show instead of last weeks pile of turd, there's still room for improvement but as long as they keep on pushing the right people and let Heyman handle the booking then I see big things happening for ECW.

Well done. Every match entertained the hell out of me. Even Orton's presence didn't screw things up too badly.

Of course, the real question is who's show was it? While it does look like Heyman's hands were on most of it, why would Vince let him do anything based on last week's rating? I thought for sure the show wouldn't be this good.

Just watched the show. Regardless of what you feel about ECW's direction, I thought the hour of TV from last night was more entertaining than any hour of Raw or Smackdown I've watched in the last few months. (Although admittedly, I haven't watched much of Smackdown.) The point is that it was a fun television product.

The opening match was very entertaining, and I wouldn't call it a squash as they gave Mamaluke his fair share of offense. I like the idea of a Dreamer/Show feud a lot, and Show's new finisher is pretty badass too. Finally, the main event was much better than any WWE TV match of similar length. They had innovative counters, fresh spots, and the pacing of the match was light years better than a typical WWE match. All in all, I'd say there's plenty to be optimistic about for the future.

Test coming in looks like a bad idea, but can you really say that you wouldn't like to see him feud with the Sandman? The fact is that the new ECW's going to need heels, and after the initial WWE/ECW feud's over, the natural heels would be WWE alumni that "don't belong" in ECW. Kurt Angle's such a charismatic worker, that he'll probably be over anyway, but for the most part having a roster of heel WWE alums sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

A positive about Orton being hurt is that less WWE guys will be used in ECW, in all likelihood.

From the latest PWInsider audio:

-Paul Heyman had a lot more influence on the show last night, but like always, at the end of the day it was Vince who said what goes. Vince realized there were problems last week, and was open to suggestions for this week.

-Behind the scenes, everyone was saying that they also felt that the show last night was a hell of a lot better than the first episode.

-Francine, CM Punk, and CW Anderson are all scheduled to debut for ECW this weekend at the show on the 24th. Test may go ahead and make his debut then also.

-Test was going to debut last night on the SciFi show to do the role that Sandman did, squashing Macho Libre. The only reason that didn't happen is because Paul Heyman got his way to let Sandman do it.

I'm still kind of in shock that Vince is such a Sabu mark.

Last year Vince was going around saying "Tell Sabu to fuck Sabu" and now he's giving him a huge mega push and openly admited he fucked up and should have hired him years ago.

Maybe The Iron Sheik likes Sabu, and put in a good word for Sabu to Vince.

Also, again, does anyone have a location where I could get the entire show for download, since I was sick and slept through last night?

Chris I can PM you a link to a mega-upload site that has the whole show if you want.

Please do.

Can you pm that link too? I missed Rey v. Helms on friday and I'm really dying to see that match.

These last couple weeks are probably the first time he's actually seen Sabu wrestle (outside of ONS I). You don't pick up things like how Sabu has an aura and charisma when you see the highlight reel stuff of him.

And thank goodness CM Punk is coming up. He'll make a big difference.

From PWInsider

This week's edition of ECW on Sci Fi did a 2.3 cable rating, with a 4 share. That is down from last week's 2.7. A good sign in the rating is that they built on the audience throughout the show, starting with a 2.0 quarter hour and finishing with a 2.6 for the overrun. Every quarter hour improved throughout the show.

Not bad considering the NBA finals.

From PWInsider

This week's edition of ECW on Sci Fi did a 2.3 cable rating, with a 4 share. That is down from last week's 2.7. A good sign in the rating is that they built on the audience throughout the show, starting with a 2.0 quarter hour and finishing with a 2.6 for the overrun. Every quarter hour improved throughout the show.

Not bad considering the NBA finals.

Great news!

Good Ratings News. The NBA Finals COULD be a reason for a small ratings decline. Also glad to see the audience climbed as the show went on.

That is great news considering the NBA finals. Hopefully shows continue to get better each week.

What about the NBA finals? The finals were on last Tuesday too.