TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Special K

Being a little bitch

As of now I think Grave of thew Fireflies and the Elephant Man are the only movies to make me actually cry.

I guess it's all or nothing, I was holding back tears for the majority of both movies.

Both are terrific movies, I don't relish watching them again.

yours?

P.S. I think I remember crying when Peter Weller in RoboCop got fucked up. I was 10, then though.

ones that came close were Schindler's List and Wild Bunch, but Requiem for a Dream made me cry like a little girl through the entire closing credits

Wild Bunch is a gerat one. I didn't cry over that movie, but it is the most masculine moviesf of all time

In fact, I've always said Wild Bunch us the most awesomely massively masculine moviue of all time.

It

s a pastiche of dirty laughs, then KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KIL:L KILL KILL KILL KIOLL KJILL

Whoops, we're rated Laxin. Dirty jokes. God do we have good times. You know we're all goonna die? Sweet?' ,kill some more Mexicans KIlll KILL KILL KILL KILLKILL KILL {Man I love yoiu)

Yeah that's the 3nd best best western in 3 paragraohs. The Second bewst westeren can be summedup in one paragraph.

FILL YOUR HANDS YOU SON OF A BITCH!

Man I love Westerns.

Wild Bunch is a gerat one. I didn't cry over that movie, but it is the most masculine moviesf of all time

In fact, I've always said Wild Bunch us the most awesomely massively masculine moviue of all time.

It

s a pastiche of dirty laughs, then KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KIL:L KILL KILL KILL KIOLL KJILL

Whoops, we're rated Laxin. Dirty jokes. God do we have good times. You know we're all goonna die? Sweet?' ,kill some more Mexicans KIlll KILL KILL KILL KILLKILL KILL {Man I love yoiu)

Yeah that's the 3nd best best western in 3 paragraohs. The Second bewst westeren can be summedup in one paragraph.

FILL YOUR HANDS YOU SON OF A BITCH!

Man I love Westerns.

I take it you liked Wild Bunch

I didn't cry, but when he said "Let's go" and the Long Walk, I did get a bit choked

Haven't cried in ages, but ones that had me choked up or getting a little misty-eyed include:

- The Green Mile

- Leon: The Professional

- Monster

- The Pride of the Yankees

- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

- Grapes of Wrath

- Ikiru

the end of ghost (first time i saw it, and now sometimes it still will get to me, cheesy or not)

Dangerous Minds when Emilio gets killed. you feel so bad for him knowing deep down he was a good guy

Harry and The Hendersons when Harry leaves at the end.

cant think of too many right now

For some reason WWI movies really make me break down. All Quiet on the Western Front left me a quivering pile of jelly, ditto Hell's Angels. Ironically another Lewis Milestone movie--Of Mice and Men--gave me the same reaction. Milestone directed both All Quiet and Of Mice and Men.

As far as The Wild Bunch goes, I never cared about any of those guys enough to weep over them dying. It's another Peckinpah movie that makes me cry like a bitch, namely Ride the High Country.

But the absolute top prize for a movie that made me cry like a bitch (and I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it) is....

Armageddon.

Seriously, I'm glad I watched that alone the first time I saw it cause it was embarrassing how much I was crying like a bitch during the last half hour.

The ending of Requiem for a Dream. Really, that thing made me bawl like a baby

Also, much of Schindler's List.

Haven't cried in ages, but ones that had me choked up or getting a little misty-eyed include:

- Ikiru

If not for Seven Samurai, this would probably be Kurosawa's best film. One of the saddest but most beautiful endings of any film ever made, IMO. It's bittersweet yet edifying at the same time, because while Watanabe basically wasted his adult life in a meaningless occupation, he finally finds a way to give his life lasting meaning and purpose, and he actually accomplishes that goal before his time is up. God, I love this film. It's so incredibly beautiful and haunting. How can you NOT get misty-eyed at this.

I'm nothing if not prone to weeping.

(In addition to some already mentioned, i.e.-"The Green Mile" and "Schindler's List" and "Cinderella Man"):

-"Field of Dreams"

-"Big Fish"

-"Old Yeller"

-"Brokeback Mountain"

-"Rocky" (I did it for you, Adrian!!!)

-"Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire"

-"The Passion"

-"The Muppet Movie"(And not when I was a kid, either. I mean like...when I watched it last week.)

-"Philadelphia"

-"Forrest Gump"

-"Walk the Line"

-"Neverland"

-"Edward Scissorhands"

-"Stand by Me"

-"Be Here to Love Me-A Biography of Townes Van Zandt"

...Now I'm gonna look like a little bitch...

-"Finding Nemo"

-"Dumbo"

-"Bambi"

-"The Lion King"

I could go on and on, but feeling sufficiently emasculated, I'll stop now.

I haven't cried in a long time.

Passion did it for me. I think that's the only movie that's ever made me cry.

The movie that has always gotten me is a movie called In Country. It's got Bruce Willis and Emily Lloyd in it. Really emotional at the end...look it up if you want...it's a great, forgotten flick.

Also, Boondock Saints, Big Fish, Philadelphia, and the one with Dennis Quaid and Jesus, Frequency.

I remember Forest Gump made me cry at the end.

The Fox and the hound.

That movie about the dog, Fluke.

I think Leon had me a bit choked up when I first saw it but I can't remember. I probably would have cried during Big Fish but I went to a Saturday Matinee filled with a bunch of teenage scumbags that were just talking during the final "to the river" scene and laughing at stupid shit, and shouting like a "big fish" when they saw a fish. I ended up feeling more pissed off then upset by the end.

Guest Hemme

I don't cry, I'm too tough for any of that girly stuff. B-)

Often get choked up though. :P

Terminator 2.

When he's being lowered into that foundry, the thumbs up gets me.

About Schmit.

The end, when he recieves the letter from the african (?) kid he sponsored & breaks down crying, thats an emotional moment.

- Ikiru

If not for Seven Samurai, this would probably be Kurosawa's best film. One of the saddest but most beautiful endings of any film ever made, IMO. It's bittersweet yet edifying at the same time, because while Watanabe basically wasted his adult life in a meaningless occupation, he finally finds a way to give his life lasting meaning and purpose, and he actually accomplishes that goal before his time is up. God, I love this film. It's so incredibly beautiful and haunting. How can you NOT get misty-eyed at this.

Wow, I rarely agree with Vyce, but he and I are on the exact page with this one. The thing that makes this movie unique, and I'm gonna reveal some SPOILERS here, is that we know right away Watanabe is going to die. That's not necessarily the tear-jerker. He passes halfway through the film. The touching portion is the sequence when the police officer tells the family and friends how he saw Watanabe on the swing singing. It's chilling, but filled with emotion when all things are considered. I didn't expect to get choked up, but that's what happened.

I'd probably place it over Seven Samurai on a personal level. Samurai's excellent, but Ikiru has the more human touch and had a lot more impact on me.

Wow, I rarely agree with Vyce,

Gee, thanks. :(

I'd probably place it over Seven Samurai on a personal level. Samurai's excellent, but Ikiru has the more human touch and had a lot more impact on me.

Personally, I'd rate Ikiru higher as well. It's my favorite one of his films, and I've seen pretty much all of his films. In the grand scheme of cinema, Seven Samurai is the better, more culturally significant / important film, but Ikiru is my personal favorite.