TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Special K

Being a little bitch

My personal favorite is probably Rashamon....

But that's splitting hairs over some of the greatest movies ever, by the greatest director ever besides, maybe, Spielberg.

Forrest Gump actually had too much sad (different from being too sad) for me to cry.

Spoilers in case someone hasn't seen it:

First Bubba died, and that was pretty sad. Then his momma died, and I thought 'aww, another one died'. Then Jenny, and at that point I was like "geez, couldn't they think of anything else to have happen? That kid better stay the hell away from his dad..."

King Kong's an interesting one. I enjoy the original more, but the closing sequences of the remake sparked a bit more emotion in me. Nothing close to tears, but I actually felt like a bond was being broken; probably because she was terrified of Kong for the duration in the original.

Forrest Gump actually had too much sad (different from being too sad) for me to cry.

Spoilers in case someone hasn't seen it:

First Bubba died, and that was pretty sad. Then his momma died, and I thought 'aww, another one died'. Then Jenny, and at that point I was like "geez, couldn't they think of anything else to have happen? That kid better stay the hell away from his dad..."

I cry every damn time I watch that movie. Tom Hanks was brilliant in it. Every time Jenny leaves Forrest to go be a hippie, I cry like a little girl, and then when he's standing out at her grave talking about how he takes care of little Forrest...good Lord, that's sad. And when he sees Lieutenant Dan and says he's got "magic legs"...I weep, man alive, do I weep.

I have to agree with Armageddon. The scene with Bruce Willis telling Liv Tyler that he wasn't coming back....nearly got me.

The Green Mile of course.

Oh, Wade dying on the hill in Saving Private Ryan...just plain sad. Robert Downey Jr. dying in Less than Zero...and Ewan McGregor sobbing over Nicole Kidman at the end of Moulin Rouge...thats about it.

Plenty of TV shows have almost gotten me (Ryan Chapplle not being able to kill himeself on 24 will get me to this DAY) but not many movies.

I also would like to add that if my friend hadn't cried at Tom Hanks losing Wilson in Castaway, it probably would have gotten me. But seeing her crying, the realization that it was a fucking vollyball hit me and I could only laugh inside at her.

The ending of E.T.

I will NEVER watch that movie with another human being in the same room because I don't just tear up...I bawl wildly...with a bunch of crumpled up Kleenexes all around me.

Braveheart- "FREEDOOOOOOMMMMMMM"

LOTR Return of the King- "The last pages are for you, Sam"

Royal Tennanbaums- "I've had a rough year dad"

Finding Nemo- Dory's monologue to Marlin at the end about how he helps her remember.

Forrest Gump- Jenny's Grave. Lil Forrest. Letter. 'Nuff said.

Philadelphia- Denzel and his family showing up at the wake with Neil Young playing in the background.

The ending of E.T.

I will NEVER watch that movie with another human being in the same room because I don't just tear up...I bawl wildly...with a bunch of crumpled up Kleenexes all around me.

I get teary eyed just from hearing the John Williams score from the final scene, if I hum it I get misty.

Now then, "Good Will Hunting" 5 little words-

This is not your fault

Robin Williams repeats this like mantra till Matt Damon breaks down and so do I

Oh and "The Truman Show" when Truman's boat hits the edge of the 'world' and he's banging against it with just the music playing, gets me too.

When Pete Postlethwaite (sp?) kicks it in In The Name of The Father and all of the prisoners starting throwing the burning paper out their cells was pretty serious for me.

The ending? Fughedaboudit.

"I'm a free man and I'm going out the front door."

Oh, when it comes to TV shows, when Marcus gave his life to save Susan's on Babylon 5 ("Endgame"). It was beautiful because they had so much potential as a couple, but he knew one of them had to die, and he loved her so much that he decided that he would be the one to die.

And of course, the last episode, "Sleeping in Light."

Ah, Philadelphia; I forgot about that one. The last scene nearly made me cry, which could've been tragic since it I was a junior in a health class that was filled with people who couldn't understand why 9/11 was getting so much publicity (this was 2001).

slighty skewing the topic, a scene that doesn't choke me up or make me cry but is very moving everytime I watch: Andy and Red reuniting on the beach as the camera pulls away and goes to the credits in The Shawshank Redemption. I love that scene.

Agreed on the end of Shawshank.

In The Name of the Father definitely had me choked up. And unfortunately we were assigned to watch it for a film class when I was in college. So it was like me and 3 of my roommates watching and everyone is trying not to bawl. Very uncomfortable.

I still can't make it through the end of Rudy without tearing up.

As for tv, I cried straight through the last 20 minutes of the finale of 6 Feet Under.

I've never cried at a movie (as far as I can remember) but One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest got me choked up at different parts, all involving Chief. The ending to Heat doesn't make me cry but it leaves me a bit emotionally drained.

I agree with the sentiments that the end of Shawshank Redemption is really moving. 21 Grams is amazingly sad in parts too, especially when Naomi Watts has the conversation with her father at the funeral.

La Bamba chokes me up every time-RITCHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Armageddon gets me too

everytime my mom hears "Sleepwalk" she yells out RICHEEE my Richee

seriously though it was a sad end,

I was watchign Gump on TNT yesterday and it indeed has many of those cry worthy moments. Like when He's outside his house all alone after his mom died and imagines seeing Jenny there.

I never saw Green Mile so I can't comment.

Agreed on ET

Guest wildpegasus

The 1hr special episode of bleach that mainly concentrated on Ohrime. Nothing else has ever even come close. It just hit me so hard because I was just thinking so hard about the situation and allowing myself to get emotional and all that.

You can supress laughter, tears and all that quite a bit and even brag about it but I find it's more fun to let your emotions go free some times.

One that always gets me: Glory.

that's another one that's not so much a tear jerker but moves you...especially during two scenes:

-Denzel taking a whipping...one of the greatest scenes in any movie I've ever seen.

-the Final Battle sequences.

I don't out-and-out cry, but I always get a tear streaming down my cheek at the end. All those black people, and the white guy has to take the bullet.

My favorite scene is Freeman reading Denzel off, and at the end he says, "The only nigger around here is you."

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Ikiru, when he's singing in the bar and everyone else goes silent.

LOST edition:

- When Charlie was hung from the tree by Ethan and Jack went nutso trying to revive him. It was already confirmed at this point in the season that a main character would be dying and I thought Charlie was the one. I actually blurted out a "Thank God!" through my misty eyes when Jack brought him back.

- "I've done everything you wanted me to do, so why did you do this to me"? ---------> Light goes on in the hatch.

- Rose and Bernard's reunion. That was some bitch-ass, unabashed bawling.