Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brian

Ultimate Fighter 3 Finale Thread

Mike Nickels beat Wes Combs by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) RD1 3:10

Matt Hamill beat Jesse Forbes by TKO RD1 4:47

Luigi Fioravanti beat Solomon Hutcherson by KO RD1 4:15

Kalib Starnes beat Danny Abaddi by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) RD1 2:56

Rory Singer beat Ross Pointon by Submission (Triangle Choke) RD1 0:44

That was a great fight. 15 more seconds on the end and Ed taps. His face was bright red.

But he got the contract anyway, so no matter.

Guest JustPassinBy

Josh took a hellacious beating.

He had alot of heart though.

I'm surprised they played him up as the all around good guy father with the cancer kid during the series. But tonite, they admit he's the manager of a strip club.

Bisping vs Hamill is gonnna be great.

There's no way that decision was bullshit, I was thinking they would give it to Herman and I was prepared to call it BS then.

Josh definitely surprised me in the beating he took.

Surprised about Wes Combs losing so quickly. His credentials looked pretty good. Other then that, all fights went as planned.

Does anyone know if Tito cornered any of the guys on the prelims? I think he cornered Hamill but I don't know about the rest.

Guest JustPassinBy

I'd like to know if the undercard fights are going to be on free TV at some point?

And how long it will take for Shamrock-Ortiz PPV in two weeks to make it to free TV.

I'm watching the replay, haven't read the thread yet, this is great so far. Right now I'm at the end of round 2 of Herman/Kendall. It looked like Kendall tapped to the triangle then changed his mind...

The first fight was good, looked like Jardine's opponent just gassed really early. Both fights have been brutal so far. Herman has done a great job fighting out of some subs. (But a bad job getting into them in the first place)

Oh bull fucking shit! Come on!

Seriously, are you blind? It was a close fight and Kendall I thought deversed the desicion no question. Everytime a close fight happens and the fighter you pick doesn't get the desicion you always call bullshit(Griffin Vs. Ortiz), just shut up.

Jesus how do you score that? Herman did more damage overall I think but he was also in danger of getting subbed a few more times. Neither of these guys have any quit in them, either of them could have just given up and tapped a bunch of times.

It's not just MMA, it's everything. Conspiracy everywhere.

Kendall came close to finishing the fight more times. Ending the fight on your back getting choked doesn't look great for Herman either. I'm sure we'll see Herman again.

Edit: Well, I guess I was right seeing as how they just gave him a contract.

Damn Bisping is a beast. That was utter domination. Bisping threw out some crazy moves. Reverse rear naked choke? Reverse arm-bar into a kimura?

I said it before and I'll say it again, easily the best standup out of any TUF fighter and maybe the best overall fighter. Really impressive. Efficient and deadly.

Guest Brian

Did anyone else catch Hamill/Haynes at the end of the broadcast?

Good show. I thought Ed was going to take the third round easily until Kendall got his back, and then it became a lot closer, and I understand why judges score things that way when a guy ends up in such a dominant position to finish at the end. I'm just surprised with how close the last two rounds are that one of the judges cards didn't swing that way, because most everyone I talked to had Ed at least 29-28. Eh, TQFC was 0-2 on the night.

Guest Brian

Good show. I thought Ed was going to take the third round easily until Kendall got his back, and then it became a lot closer, and I understand why judges score things that way when a guy ends up in such a dominant position to finish at the end. I'm just surprised with how close the last two rounds are that one of the judges cards didn't swing that way, because most everyone I talked to had Ed at least 29-28. Eh, TQFC was 0-2 on the night.

Oh bull fucking shit! Come on!

Seriously, are you blind? It was a close fight and Kendall I thought deversed the desicion no question. Everytime a close fight happens and the fighter you pick doesn't get the desicion you always call bullshit(Griffin Vs. Ortiz), just shut up.

You shut up. A case can me made that Ed won. A case can me made that Forrest one. You act like it was cut and dried like Kendall stood over Ed the entire fight and rained down punches and Ed just layed there begging for the fight to be stopped. It wasn't a no question that he deserved the decision. It was close.

My gf said that Haynes wife didn't look to concerned when Bisping was pummeling him and he looked half there. Maybe she thinks he's annoying too.

Guest JustPassinBy

No what happened?

And calling bullshit last night was wrong but I was caught in the heat of the moment because the fight had me pumped. I had to stand up when they delievered the decision. I couldn't stay sitting or my stomach may have knotted more.

So yes it was a razor-close one that oculd've gone either way(not BS like i previously called) but I still support Herman.

And Hamill basically pounded the fuck out of Forbes(not Haynes) until the fight was called. I think that's what he was talking about. Or maybe Hamill and Haynes did something. I dunno.

Kenny really took out Stout though. I was impressed. Especially because Stout did a lot of big talking before the fight and said Kenny wouldn't be able to take him down at all.

And calling bullshit last night was wrong but I was caught in the heat of the moment because the fight had me pumped. I had to stand up when they delievered the decision. I couldn't stay sitting or my stomach may have knotted more.

So yes it was a razor-close one that oculd've gone either way(not BS like i previously called) but I still support Herman.

And Hamill basically pounded the fuck out of Forbes(not Haynes) until the fight was called. I think that's what he was talking about. Or maybe Hamill and Haynes did something. I dunno.

Kenny really took out Stout though. I was impressed. Especially because Stout did a lot of big talking before the fight and said Kenny wouldn't be able to take him down at all.

It wasn't razor-close at all.

Herman won the first round 10-9. He had a nice takedown, made some excellent contact on the G&P, controlled the ground, but still took a few shots from Kendall after standing back up to make sure it couldn't be called a 10-8.

Kendall clearly and decisively won the second round. Herman was gassed halfway through the round from fighting off triangles. He made some effort to fight back into takedowns, but it didn't work. Kendall was picking him apart on the feet and Herman kept getting into clinch and making every effort to get on the ground just to keep him away.

Kendall clearly won the 3rd round. The confusion here comes from giving points to Ed for his near RNC then armbar on kendall. He didn't get the takedown in either of those situations, so he wasn't earning much. The whole first half of the round was Kendall applying precise striking to Herman , and Herman leaning on Kendall to avoid it. Several brutal knees in this round by Kendall. Two good takedowns. And finishing the round in a rear-naked choke that herman was way too gassed to get out of, and basically was hanging on by the skin of his nails.

Clearly a 29-28 fight, hence the unanimous decision. The problem is looking at it like 'This whole fight was a close fight'.

You're right it WAS a close -fight-. Each person was close to winning on multiple occasions. But if you break it down as a judge has to, you come to amore accurate conclusion of who did more to try and win the fight and bring it to a conclusion.

And btw, I'm not trying to flame you, just trying to get you to understand a little bit dude :)

No what happened?

Hamill won by GNP in the 1st round.

Man the UFC has to give us Bisping Vs. Griffin. That fight would be a war.

Wow jwpeer. I've never had it explained like that and I see your point of view fully.

But in the end who will be the better UFC fighter? I think Herman might. But if Kendall really improved that much on the show then maybe he'll improve a ton more now.

Guest JustPassinBy

Watching Bisping destroy Josh was a treat. I never liked Josh. I think the biggest underachiever on the show was Jesse Forbes. He had the size, the athleticism, the technique, the strength, but just couldnt get anything done.

Meanwhile, a short pudgy guy like Josh can make it all the way to the finals. I do think Josh if he goes down to 170 could do some damage bc the guy can punch.

Bisping's got it all to be a World Champ though. I think his flying knee on one of the last episodes was the best move of the whole season.

After watching his utter decimation of Jesse, I think Matt is going to be LHW champ within two years under Tito. You can tell Tito's taken him on as his project, and Matt's improved by LEAPS since the show. I mean, dear GOD, Jesse didn't have a fucking chance, and it really didn't come down to Matt's wrestling skills either. Matt owned him in every aspect possible in that fight. Matt's dirty boxing was some of the most effective usage of it in the UFC since Couture, as he just locked on to him, and didn't let him get the hell away. Rogan pretty mcuh said it best, by the end, Jesse was just praying it would be stopped.

I also think Kendall's going to be a force in the Middleweight division too. If he can learn how to effectively use his size standing to keep people at bay with front kicks, and punches, he could easily own just about everyone in that division, before taking them down and subbing him. I just don't see anyone in that division being able to easily beat Kendall with his size and ability. Kendall's size, and lanky build gives him weapons that most middle-weights do not have. Kendall doesn't even have to try to knee someone in the face, and he proved he can easily lock in moves like the triangle with his build, let alone chokes using his skinny ass forearms. It also helps that Kendall's trained with Tito since the show too.

This season probably is going to end up being the most productive of all the seasons we've had thus far. Bisping, Kendall & Matt alone are just about ready for title shots, then you got Herman, who if he polished up his skills a bit more would be good, and you gotta admire the sheer balls it took for Josh not to friggin DIE.