TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO ECW TV Week 3 Thread - June/27th/2006.

So, a night after Lilian just calls him "the champion," the ring announcer tonight intros RVD as "the ECW world heavyweight champion."

If that is a subtle dig that, in storyline terms, Raw is so disgusted with RVD holding their belt, they won't even acknowledge him as the WWE champion, that's kinda cool.

you know...

Dreamer / Big Show is coming across like the old Sandman / Dreamer bits and now..

Edge / RVD is coming off like Lynn / RVD with how Edge is proclaiming to be the whole f'n show...

I just hope this means that atleast on the former, I get better matches than the crowd killed debaccle at Vengence...

ECW is basically saying "We will give you a 6-8 minute Sabu spot match, a cute blonde badly dancing, a comedy skit involving Sandman, Raw cross-promotion, some filler and an entertaining wrestling main event".

Yup, and not that have ever been a huge Heyman mark, but I can't believe he actually wrote this tonight. He's better and more creative than this. The fat stripper v Sandman reeked of Vince's request of using a concept "that worked from Raw" over to his project he's so concerned about making it his own with most importantly, his own vision. Sad. Also, booking Angle v. RVD out of the gun like this is typical WWE book on the fly rush job to it.

On a total side note, the production for this show has gotten so WWE formulmatic too, even when it comes to how the treat going to commercial breaks and hyping up the big matches right before, as an example. I dont like it at all as it really needs to be a really unique presentation visually as well and its just not there at all.

I think it was SoCal Mike that said it...

...fuckin Jeff Hardy fans grew up just a bit and discovered Thug Life.

(...from my g/f watching: "Shut up bitches, don't give Vince a reason to put him on my TV...)

Yep, and that's proof right there, they need there own, Real, ECW like venue.

Cena's probaly sitting somewhere right now laughing his ass off.

God, a We Want Cena chant at an ECW show. I wonder if this is from the same fans who would glady give him heat on a WWE show. Its ironic as hell.

god I fucking hate the ring announcer.

Why?

Is it because he's good looking and has a great voice.

No, because he's the guy from the house show circuit and I just hate his fucking cheese-grating voice.

I miss the old ECW announcer (name fails me) that actually made me enjoy ECW: ONS as it came across as an ECW show.

It might be a small thing to hate, but hey.. that's just one of the reasons why ECW isn't doing anything with "smark crowds" because they just aren't putting together the little things that made people enjoy the product.

This is three shows in row that they went to commerical after RVD gets pushed off the turnbuckle into the guardrail...

will he be in a headlock when they return?

Never has it been more obvious that ECW desperately needs to be moved to its own taping than just now hearing a crowd of kids chanting "We Want Cena" during a Rob Van Dam vs. Kurt Angle match.

There might not be anything more against the ECW spirit than that.

This is three shows in row that they went to commerical after RVD gets pushed off the turnbuckle into the guardrail...

will he be in a headlock when they return?

It's like watching a guy standing behind a kid with a baseball bat, you just know what will happen.

Never has it been more obvious that ECW desperately needs to be moved to its own taping than just now hearing a crowd of kids chanting "We Want Cena" during a Rob Van Dam vs. Kurt Angle match.

There might not be anything more against the ECW spirit than that.

Everybody in the crowd could be doing the Orton pose.

Here is another thing I dont quite get about this brand after tonight......so the first match was "Extreme Rules" meaning anything goes, but now apparently all other ECW matches AREN'T? Huh?

God next week's show is going to be interesting as hell, I'll say that much. Considering where things stand with this ECW shit right now and how the first house show in Philly went, something has got to give, one would think. The crowd reactions alone, like if they do Dreamer-Show for a third straight week, will be different than they are expecting, more than likely.

Bear in mind, next week's show will be taped in front of ~3000 people and they'll return to Hammerstein on 8/1. If they don't get that they need to tape in front of smaller crowds by 8/1 then they never will.

god I fucking hate the ring announcer.

Why?

Is it because he's good looking and has a great voice.

No, because he's the guy from the house show circuit and I just hate his fucking cheese-grating voice.

I miss the old ECW announcer (name fails me) that actually made me enjoy ECW: ONS as it came across as an ECW show.

It might be a small thing to hate, but hey.. that's just one of the reasons why ECW isn't doing anything with "smark crowds" because they just aren't putting together the little things that made people enjoy the product.

You miss the ECW announcer, but you dont' even know his name. Stephen DeAngelis is his name btw.