TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

OAO ECW Week 4 on Sci-Fi, July 4th

Either that, or Edge wins clean and vince comes and snorts coke off of RVDs body then fires both him and Heyman.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Blockbuster main event announced.

Next Tuesday, July 4th, ECW returns to Philadelphia for the first edition of ECW on Sci Fi in the old stomping grounds. It will be the Fourth of July, and there will be some fireworks in the Wachovia Center that night as a blockbuster main event has just been announced.

In the main event, WWE and ECW Champion Rob Van Dam will defend both of his championships against Edge in an "Extreme Rules" Match. WWE.com and ECW.com caught up with Van Dam just moments after the announcement was made, and while it seems that Edge has gotten the best of him in the past week, the champion doesn't want to be counted out just yet.

"Let's not forget I've gotten him a few times too," the champion reminded WWE.com. "And at Vengeance, I beat him to remain the champion. He says he respects me and all, so I'm sure he respects me even more now. But I'm sure he's going to keep coming after (the WWE championship) until he thinks he's going to get it. I have to keep him from that, so Tuesday I'll be kicking his ass."

The match will be fought under "Extreme Rules", which Van Dam is not shy about promoting as his specialty. It will also be in the city of Brotherly Love, which RVD and ECW called home until 2001. According to the champion, that may factor into his motivation more than anything.

"It'll be in Philadelphia, which obviously mans that there will be a tremendous amount of energy behind me," he said. "It's our first television back in Philadelphia as well, so it's our first ECW on Sci Fi in front of an ECW crowd. That's extremely important, One Night Stand was off the charts, and anyone that watched it felt the energy from the fans. They could see that connection. You don't catch that in our first few ECW on Sci Fi shows because it's not in front of the ECW crowd. But at the Wachovia Center, we'll have a chance to see fans that want ECW and are passionate about it. They want what we're offering and I'm so thankful that people will be able to see what we’re about."

Despite the fact the he was victorious over Edge at Vengeance, RVD knows that Tuesday night won't be a cakewalk for him.

"It's going to be a hard fought battle, but that's the way I like it," he said. "I had tough matches four nights in a row last week (ECW Live Event, Vengeance, Raw, ECW on Sci Fi) that took a lot of endurance to make it through. With "Extreme Rules", I know Edge will be bringing it. There will be some hard falls and chair eating, going through tables and fighting in the crowd...but that's the way I like it. I like to be reconnected with that energy. I am confident that I won't let him take the WWE championship back to Raw, I like it too much. It's fun to spin."

RVD won the WWE championship on his turf at One Night Stand. But if Edge were to come into that environment and take it back (as well as the ECW championship), RVD wouldn't be insulted. In fact, he thinks that Edge wants it that way.

"That would be ridiculous. Edge wants to be ECW so bad, and obviously by challenging me he's getting to wrestle in the new ECW," Van Dam stated. "It's obvious by everything he's done in WWE, with the TLC Matches and his Hardcore showcasing, that he was definitely a fan of the old ECW. He was probably a fan of Rob Van Dam, he had to be, since I was ECW and am ECW right now. He wasn't there back in the day, and by him coming in and thinking he's going to take the ECW championship, he thinks that will make up for it. But that's not going to happen."

Whether it's Edge or Rob Van Dam that walks away as champion, history dictates that it will be one hell of a match. WWE.com and ECW.com will have comments from Edge later tonight about the match as well.

I'm guessing RVD escapes via Angle interference as Angle puts aside his personal feelings about losing to Van Dam in favor of supporting ECW. This can help build the RVD/Angle feud. The RVD burial will be reserved for NBC.

Let me see here:

ECW arena fans booed Vince's ECW house show out of the water.

ECW now is coming to Philly for a tv taping with RVD vs Edge for both the belts.

Yeah, this should end well.

You just know Michael Hayes will be pushing for Edge to beat Van Dam just to further stick the knife into ECW's rotting corpse.

How did he even get that much power anyways? Look, the guy was a fantastic promo and loaded with charisma but what makes him so damn high up in the charts that he can bury an entire brand? I could understand it from Dunn, Stephanie, Hunter or Ace but Hayes? What puts him over other agents?

I'm guessing RVD escapes via Angle interference as Angle puts aside his personal feelings about losing to Van Dam in favor of supporting ECW. This can help build the RVD/Angle feud. The RVD burial will be reserved for NBC.

Angle's taking time off to heal, so it makes more sense for Cena to interfere, especially after Monday.

At least it's Edge doing this crossover than someone like, say, Mark Henry. The whole Rated R Superstar thing is the type of character (semi-based in reality, made in an attempt to be (no pun intended) cutting edge) that ECW would have produced.

At least it's Edge doing this crossover than someone like, say, Mark Henry. The whole Rated R Superstar thing is the type of character (semi-based in reality, made in an attempt to be (no pun intended) cutting edge) that ECW would have produced.

Take away Lita, Edge is a watered down Brian Pillman.

You just know Michael Hayes will be pushing for Edge to beat Van Dam just to further stick the knife into ECW's rotting corpse.

How did he even get that much power anyways? Look, the guy was a fantastic promo and loaded with charisma but what makes him so damn high up in the charts that he can bury an entire brand? I could understand it from Dunn, Stephanie, Hunter or Ace but Hayes? What puts him over other agents?

Hayes is allied with Gewirtz in that they both head up Raw and hate Heyman and don't want ECW to get over on Raw in any way. Hayes is the one who pushed for the Sabu tapout finish in his match with Cena at Vengeance, and got his way, changing the original finish on the day of the PPV.

Ref bump, double pin, double ref count.

Edge is WWE champ, RVD is ECW champ.

Or to really fuck things up, Edge is ECW champ and RVD is WWE champ.

There's always the chance Edge wins clean. Which is what I think will happen. (Well, not clean, but he gets both belts)

Since the only one on the line in the triple threat is the WWE title. Of course, ,Cena ends up winning that, but Edge is still ECW champ. This gives Edge a reason to stay on ECW programming, because come on, he is one of the best things about the show so far.

So I think at the end of the next few weeks, Edge ends up ECW champ, while Cena ends up WWE champ.

I'm thinking the WWE title change will happen at SNME. Who knows, Edge winning the ECW title might be an interesting angle for some here, except for the mutants.

That is an insult to Pillman. Edge isn't a 100th the awesome that Pillman was.

This gives Edge a reason to stay on ECW programming, because come on, he is one of the best things about the show so far.

Yes, showing up to outsmart the World Champion every week is just tremendous.

Hence "watered down". He cuts promos laced with worked shoot comments, built around being unpredictable, egomaniacal and "held down". Insert sexual innuendo in place of profanity, and you got a blonde, lanky and less charismatic Brian Pillman in Edge.

Personally I think Edge is just going to job again. And I will also go out on a limb here and predict that RVD will retain or it'll be inconclusive at SNME. I think they'll end up doing a ladder match at SS with both belts on the line, RVD grabs the ECW belt, Cena grabs the WWE belt, and Edge bitches about it for months.

What was the original finish to Cena/Sabu?

Hence "watered down". He cuts promos laced with worked shoot comments, built around being unpredictable, egomaniacal and "held down". Insert sexual innuendo in place of profanity, and you got a blonde, lanky and less charismatic Brian Pillman in Edge.

Did the Loose Cannon ever have a female valet, I don't remember any, to me the Rated R Superstar character is based on the Franchise Shane Douglas.

If Edge isn't going to win the title and have a multi-month reign, then I don't think he should win it at all right now. He won the title once, and dropped it less than a month later. He was almost "Orton'd", but he was able to come out of all of that just as strong as he was before the loss. I'm not so sure things would go as smoothly for him if they do the exact same thing to him again.

I don't think it'd kill his career or anything stupid like that because I think he has a strong character at this point that is really over, but it sure as hell wouldn't help things.

The next time Edge wins the title, I want to see him actaully have a run with the strap that actually means something in the long run.

Let me see here:

ECW arena fans booed Vince's ECW house show out of the water.

ECW now is coming to Philly for a tv taping with RVD vs Edge for both the belts.

Yeah, this should end well.

Either way, it might entertain the hell out of us.

Guest Kobe24KGold

Hunter's Torn Quad: Do you know what the original finish to Cena-Sabu at Vengeance was?

Just think about this for a minute. This show is on the 4th of July. Do you honestly think they will do any sort of title change on an ECW TV show on the 4th of July that will do jack shit in terms of a rating?

I think Edge eventually will get a title run, but it'll be later in the year. Cena will get the belt around the time The Marine comes out. Edge will get it around Survivor Series and then he'll probably end up jobbing to HHH.

Just think about this for a minute. This show is on the 4th of July. Do you honestly think they will do any sort of title change on an ECW TV show on the 4th of July that will do jack shit in terms of a rating?

I think Edge eventually will get a title run, but it'll be later in the year. Cena will get the belt around the time The Marine comes out. Edge will get it around Survivor Series and then he'll probably end up jobbing to HHH.

ECW aired Masato Tanaka beating Mike Awesome for the ECW Title on Christmas Eve 1999 and then aired Awesome winning the title back on New Year's Eve 1999.

Yeah holiday means low rating. They should cancel the live show and just do a taping or use footage from earlier house shows. They can edit in loud BIG SHOW chants.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

Should be a decent match, probably won't give a title change away for free, and at at least this confims he's both the ECW champion and the WWE Champion, and not 'the champion' as Lillian Garcia keeps calling him.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this RVD's first ECW defense on TV? He'd look kinda bad if he just jobbed the belt in his first televised defense.

And yeah, doing stuff like giving away Tanaka/Awesome title changes on free TV is one reason why ECW went under. They had those awesome matches on TV then expected people to pay to see Awesome vs. Spike Dudley.