TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Meltzer WWE notes from F4Daily

Dave watched the second week of OVW booked by Greg Gagne and said it was “like watching 1979 AWA matches except you don’t get the 1979 AWA interviews and you’ve got all the green guys with no names doing it”. Dave says Greg tries to get 6 matches in an hour, and it reminds him of TNA on FSN.

Dave calls the Al Snow head character in OVW one of the worst of they year. Says part of the deal in wrestling is to make people believe in your character, and because people have seen Al Snow and know that he’s rational, while it would ok on an Indy show as a nostalgia deal, doing it on ECW or OVW is out of touch.

Bryan said that Monday the Sabu/Van Dam deal seemed so big and that both guys might be fired, but a few days later Sabu had been fined and Van Dam was suspended for 30 days, and it died down a lot.

A month from now, Dave thinks what happens depends on where the charges go. Sabu is scared about what might happen to his deal, but Van Dam isn’t scared at all. Dave says that what usually happens in situations like this is that wrestlers usually offer free tickets to a show or promise to make a charity appearance at a hospital or something and the mess goes away quietly. For whatever reason, it didn’t happen like that this time.

Both Sabu and Van Dam are in potentially more trouble than has been let on, but further punishment is unlikely.

Dave said he is sure what Sabu told WWE is accurate, and Dave did hear what he said, simply because he knows if he gets found out he’s gone.

Bryan thinks this might be a break for Van Dam to be gone for 30-days. Dave thinks it will depend on how it gets handled on his return. Dave points out that WWE changes their mind on an hourly basis, and mentions how Randy Orton was on the verge of getting fired and now is back in the exact same position he would have been had nothing happened.

Dave says that Van Dam being out a month is going to cost him around $21,000.

On SNME, Dave thinks Edge vs. Cena should be good. Says they should do a DQ finish as it would be stupid to take the belt off Edge this quick. The Smackdown six-man is “just putting them there”. The rating might not beat there expectations, with the first rating being so low and that this SNME will be their fourth show of the week.

Said that DX hasn’t drawn a rating the past two weeks. Says the July 3rd rating has never dropped this big before, in relation to the July 4th holiday and being part of the weekend, and WWE has done July 3rd shows before.

Dave said that some plans were rushed while some were changed altogether.

While watching Raw on Monday, Dave didn’t know what the plan was or where they were going, but when Edge came out Dave figured out he was winning from his facial expression. Dave brings up how some guys, like Cena or Edge, give stuff away from their facial expressions because of how they react to decisions.

Dave is disappointed in the ECW thing overall. Didn’t like any of ECW on July 4th. Said the main event was what it had to be, but wasn’t any good.

Bryan loved the fans chanting “You take steroids”, at Test, calling it a great TV moment.

In regards to the bottle throwing, Dave isn’t sure if it was the right kind or wrong kind of heat. He’s sure there were some fans who were legitimately upset, and we’ll know for sure the kind of heat in two weeks, because the ratings will tell the tale.

Dave liked the first week of DX, but didn’t like this weeks DX. Referenced how they went through so much so soon. Dave liked the bit where they did the raising of Vince’s voice, but think they kept at it so long and should have ended it. Called the blowjob skit terrible.

Dave said he’s almost hating DX and wanting them to go away, even how good some of it has been, because it’s a one-note joke that is being played to death.

WWE is pitching hard to Bret to publish his autobiography.

Dave doesn’t know if Trish will come back, but cannot see Benoit not coming back. Says Benoit might even like not being in wrestling. Dave talks about one top name, who he doesn’t name, who loved wrestling and wrestled for a long time, and when he got sidelined for a while he liked it and it changed his view on wrestling.

Dave said he is sure what Sabu told WWE is accurate, and Dave did hear what he said, simply because he knows if he gets found out he’s gone.

Can someone clarify this? What is he talking about? What does he mean by "if he's found out, he's gone" What is he referring to?

If it was found out he lied about anything, he knew he wouldn't have a chance.

Ok, that is what I figured, but the statement was kind of vague so I thought it might be referring to something other than the drug incident.

he's either talking about batista or Jericho. I pick the latter.

Dave calls the Al Snow head character in OVW one of the worst of they year. Says part of the deal in wrestling is to make people believe in your character, and because people have seen Al Snow and know that he’s rational, while it would ok on an Indy show as a nostalgia deal, doing it on ECW or OVW is out of touch.

I don't know about OVW but he seemed to be the most over at the ecw show last week.

While watching Raw on Monday, Dave didn’t know what the plan was or where they were going, but when Edge came out Dave figured out he was winning from his facial expression. Dave brings up how some guys, like Cena or Edge, give stuff away from their facial expressions because of how they react to decisions.

Major Bullshit. Real easy to predict after the fact.

FINALLY Meltz is seeing the writing on the way and turning on DX. His fanboy mark love for them the last few weeks was annoying as hell.

Not really. Some guys get a real case of the assface if they are asked to lose, especially if they don't like the way in which they are losing. Most take it in stride, but you could tell Heyman wasn't happy with what he was doing on Tuesday night, and i'm sure even with the drink thrown in his face, he has to realize it was bound to happen given the circumstances.

I didn't really look at the facial expressions of anyone on Monday, outside of Rob not looking too pleased any time he was on screen before the main event. But he was probably more pissed at himself than anything.

Everyone saw Rob's ass-face right away when he came out and made the challenge. It's hard for some to not display it. RVD and Edge, are those kinds.

Dave's brought up the facial giveaways of some guys in the past, so it's not like this is something new he's talked about. Two of the the more major one's he's talked about were Undertaker at Summerslam last year and John Cena at NYR this year. With Cena, it was written all over his face that he was losing the belt and he wasn't happy about it.

As Rando said, some guys cannot hide their disappointment when they're about to do a job that they are not happy about.

Guest Princess Leena

To be fair, when Cena was going to lose the belt at whatever PPV Edge won using MITB, Dave did call it. Along with me.

Fine, I'm wrong for stating.... B-)

Now, tell me a time when some one's facial expressions said they were going to drop the title but didn't.

I haven't seen NYR, but I thought another obvious case of facial expression giveaway was when Edge had to lose the belt back to Cena at the Rumble. Edge looked legitimately pissed coming to the ring. Like someone just told him in the gorilla postition that he had to do the job.

Later, if I recall, it came out that the decision to put the belt back on Cena was made the day of the show, so it all fits together.

Interestingly enough there was an article on Jericho's stage performance in Ontario this week in todays Toronto Sun and they referred to him as retired.

How is his stage career working out for him? I've always figured the acting world was a natural place for Jericho.

I think Meltzer is talking about Jericho at the end.

Like the poster said, he had never been sidelined for any length of time.

He's probably referring to Christian after his back injury, but that may be too obvious.

Oh thank god for that. WWE needs at least SOMEONE with talent.

Edge

Shawn Michaels

Charlie Haas

Val Venis

Mick Foley

Trish Stratus

Mickie James

Johnny Jeter

Nick Dinsmore

Carlito

Johnny Nitro

Shelton Benjamin

Ken Doane

Mysterio

Matt Hardy

Brent Albright

Paul London

Brian Kendrick

Kid Kash

Undertaker

Harry Smith

Gregory Helms

Jamie Noble

Finlay

William Regal

CM Punk

Kurt Angle

RVD

Matt Cappotelli

Yeah, WWE is really hurting.

Guest DRH 502

Hawk you are so crazy!!! Everyone knows those dudes aren't over with the netfans so they can't be worth a fuck...

Guest Human Highlight Reel

That's poor anti-internet sarcasm, most everyone on the net loves those guys.

Guest DRH 502

I wasn't being sarcastic in the least Reel, please stop assuming things...