TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

For those involved in the IN Title Extravaganza

We've got six volunteers in the card thread (so far), plus Sly and Spike, for a total of 8.

By default, I was thinking two Four-ways, with the winners meeting on the next show, but I figured it would be better to ask. How do you guys want to do this? Two Four-Ways? One 8-man (presumably Battle Royal)? A tournament? Any (not-crazy-House-Rules) stip suggestions that might make the medicine go down a little smoother?

Gimme.

Considering that the PPV is only 2 shows after Lockdown have qualifiers on Lockdown and then the actual title match at the PPV (could even involve some of the 6 that didn't qualify in a #1 contenders dealie)

Either 2 4 Way matches or 4 regular matches would be a good way to go to qualify for the final, with stips from the old school (Bullrope, Chain match, Street Fight those kinds of matches)

Although I am down with anything, including an 8 man Elimination Hell in a Cell match *thumbs up*

Yeah, I think something leading up to the new champion being crowned at the PPV would be cool.

I don't know... not like I'll show anyways, am i rite?!

8 people? I count only 7 from the Smarkdown card thread

Bruce Blank

Manson

Zyon

Landon Maddix

Akira Kaibatsu

Austin Sly

Hollywood Spike

Who did I miss?

Oh wait - Matt Myers, there is 8. We can't forget him even though the poor guy can't speak up for himself ;)

I'm all about the Battle Royals.

But, how about starting with four singles matches, with the four advancing to a Double Elimination Fourway. Like the Lynn/AJ/Ki/Psicosis match from early TNA. Two guys start and when a fall is scored, there's a switch. Once you've lost two falls, you're eliminated.

Well some of us may already have plans for the PPV, so I'm one that doesn't like the crowning of the champion at Ground Zero.

As for the match it doesn't really matter to me, I guess.

You wish man.

If people could do all 3 shows to the PPV, you could do some crazy round robin thing. Still, should be nice build whatever.

Haven't we learned anything from my mistakes involving round robins and tournaments?

Aw, hell, I haven't even learned anything from my mistakes.

-Z

Here's my two ideas...

One - 8 man tag, each writer chooses the teams (storyline wise it can just be said it was a random drawing) and then the winning team would have a fatal fourway or four-way elimination rules for the belt.

The only problem I see arising in this idea is that ever writer would write their own match and make their own teams, so they'd be automatically giving their partner a title shot they didn't earn if they happened to win the match.

My second idea... MINI CLUSTERFUCK~!!

Well some of us may already have plans for the PPV, so I'm one that doesn't like the crowning of the champion at Ground Zero.

Hrm... good point.

Survival of the Fittest, only with 8 people instead of 12.

(i.e, 4 singles matches, winners put into an elimination 4 way)

Well some have PPV plans it would seem, so they may object if said 4 way is set for the PPV.
Well, if their PPV plans are that important... nobody says that they have to win their qualifying match; it's not like, if they lose the qualifier, they'll never get another shot at the title...

I'm just anticpating issues here, the complaint was brought up before when I suggested that the actual crowning of the champion was at the PPV and just have qualifiers at Lockdown instead.

Personally I like the format, it makes each guy "earn" the shot and it helps establish the next champ with a big PPV match.

Oh and add to that - they could also legitimately lose their qualifier anyway ;)

I'm just anticpating issues here, the complaint was brought up before when I suggested that the actual crowning of the champion was at the PPV and just have qualifiers at Lockdown instead.
I understand what you're doing; I'm just saying that anybody who says they want in the IN title situation, and then complains about it possibly affecting their PPV plans is being a trifle greedy... If your PPV plans are really that important to you, then hold off on your title shot, and if the title shot is really that important, then postpone your other plans.

It was bad enough when Muzz quit as the WHC, but at least that situation was resolved on PPV. The bookers like to present the IN title as the #2 belt in the fed, and I don't think that there's a good reason to have it continue to be held up beyond Ground Zero, just because a couple of guys want to eat their cake and have the other guys', too.

I disagree. I don't see how it's greedy at all when some of us have sat up an angle months in advanced even before Aecas quit. The point is that this is an open invitational, which means open to anyone who wants to participate. Also like I already said, if it was announced previously that it was to take place at the PPV some of us wouldn't even of bothered. However, it was never officially announced as so.

Personally, I would like to see the crowning on Lockdown or Smarkdown, where it will main event and get all the recognition instead of being overshadowed by Toxx and whoever his opponent will be (JJ?). It's not about being greedy or having someone's cake (mmmm cake) but really its just about people wanting to take a shot at winning the title, no matter what their actual chances are, which is what makes this an open invitational. Not a title match for people who have nothing to do for the PPV. Of course, non of this is really up to me, but thats just how I feel.

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and suggest a series of submission matches with standard disqualification rules, to culminate in a 30-minute Ultimate Submission match.

*NOTE: The entire post up to this point is a leg pull.

Sign in to follow this