TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

For those involved in the IN Title Extravaganza

I disagree. I don't see how it's greedy at all when some of us have sat up an angle months in advanced even before Aecas quit.
But that's my whole point: if your angle is that important then, by all means, work the angle. If you want to be in the invitational, then be in the invitational, but why should the people who haven't had an angle worked out for months have to sit and wait just so that you two can work your angle and be in the invitational? And why should the title continue to be held up just so you can have both things? Like you said, you weren't anticipating the champion quitting when you decided to work this angle, so obviously the IN title being available wasn't considered important relative to the angle... so why is it important now? Since you've obviously put a lot of thought into your storyline, what's so terrible about seeing your angle through, and then challenging the new champion after Ground Zero?

"I think that B should have to be postponed because I was already going to do A and I want to be able to do A and B" just doesn't seem like a good enough reason to me for a major title to be held up beyond a PPV.

It's not greedy at all. If that's the way you look at it then you're simply in a situation where you've got no match planned out for Ground Zero and are looking for a SIGNIFICANT match to have at Ground Zero that gives YOU something to do. That's as 'greedy' as the whole bitching about having an angle to compete in gripe from people like Zyon and myself. But what do I care? I'll write 2 matches if I have to, but my point is, it's as greedy or greedier for you to sit and say, "I've got no plans for Ground Zero and I want a match for Ground Zero because I've got nothing else to do!" I know that's not your tone, and I understand where you're coming from, but you can't expect to pull that kind of an argument against someone and not have someone else call you on the same thing. Just stop bitching, if you guys want the belt, fucking win it. It's not meant to be a cake ride, it's not meant to be easy.

No, WC is right. An invitiatinal tournement should not be held up, or sped up, because someone can't set their priorities straight.

Your post doesn't make any sense. Entering a tournement to have a match at a PPV is no where near as 'greedy' as changing a time frame of a tourney to fit your own schedule.

Your post doesn't make any sense. Entering a tournement to have a match at a PPV is no where near as 'greedy' as changing a time frame of a tourney to fit your own schedule.

No one here is saying, "Change the tournament or I'll leave," or playing any sort of 'power' card like that. No one is sitting here making demands, everyone here is making suggestions, it was asked by the thread creator what the participants want, naturally, Zyon had his wants and made his suggestions, as did you. They're on equal 'greedy' playing fields which is 'not at all'. No one is changing any time frame here, because in the end all that goes down is what CC books, and them giving us a shot at this vacant belt means more than having our way - if you didn't see that, you're blind.

It's not greedy at all. If that's the way you look at it then you're simply in a situation where you've got no match planned out for Ground Zero and are looking for a SIGNIFICANT match to have at Ground Zero that gives YOU something to do. That's as 'greedy' as the whole bitching about having an angle to compete in gripe from people like Zyon and myself. But what do I care? I'll write 2 matches if I have to, but my point is, it's as greedy or greedier for you to sit and say, "I've got no plans for Ground Zero and I want a match for Ground Zero because I've got nothing else to do!" I know that's not your tone, and I understand where you're coming from, but you can't expect to pull that kind of an argument against someone and not have someone else call you on the same thing. Just stop bitching, if you guys want the belt, fucking win it. It's not meant to be a cake ride, it's not meant to be easy.
Well, seeing as how I declined to participate in this thing when Raynor asked me last week, I should hope that this indictment isn't directed at me. My objection is not based on anything that affects me personally.

If you're willing to write two matches for PPV, then it's not really an issue. But when you want the whole thing to be pushed back past the PPV, and thereby hold up booking for the IN title, and make the other six guys in the invitational have to wait on you and Zyon to finish your storyline, then that is quite certainly greedy. Or selfish, if you prefer.

You might have said that you'd write two matches, but Zyon indicated that he wants the whole thing pushed back, so you two can blow off your feud at GZ. And that's messed up.

Why shouldn't he want to? Anyone would want to in that situation, but he never demanded it get held up, in fact, his suggestion was to do it before and not push it back until after the PPV. The fact is, to ask someone what they want (i.e. this thread) and then to call them greedy for telling you is absolutly absurd. The point of this thread is to ask the INT participants what they want. If Zyon is faulted and called greedy for wanting it his way than anyone in here making suggestions should then be called greedy too.

And, for the record, it won't get pushed back or delayed. CC doesn't work that way, everyone here knows that that belt is more important than our angle, and that if we want to compete then that our angle comes second. You should know this being a fed veteran and all.

I actually reckon the champion should be crowned before the PPV. By my reckoning you can have four qualifying matches on Lockdown, then the elimination four-way on Smarkdown. Still leaves time to build another International match for the PPV, yes? No point leaving the belt vacant longer than needed.

And, for the record, it won't get pushed back or delayed. CC doesn't work that way, everyone here knows that that belt is more important than our angle, and that if we want to compete then that our angle comes second. You should know this being a fed veteran and all.
These:

And I don't see why some of us who planned for the PPV well before Aecas decided to quit should be punished by not getting a chance in an open invitational.
... do not sound like the words of someone who "knows" that the belt is more important that his angle. They sound more like the words of someone who thinks that it isn't fair that he may have to choose between one and the other.

The way I see it, if you were planning to do something, then you're not being punished by not getting to do something else. That's a little like if you and your girl are about to go to supper, and about a half hour before you get ready to go, your friend calls you and tells you that he and the rest of your friends are going to go to the club, or wherever it is that you think is a cool place to go hang out at. And you don't want to blow off your girl, because you want a little action later, but you want to go to the wild out spot, too. You can't always have it both ways, and sometimes you just have to pick one, and live with your pick.

Maybe I'm wrong...but...

After Lockdown is GZ?

I was under the impression that what he wanted, based on when we all talked over the last couple of days, BASED ON WHAT OUR ANGLE WAS PLANNED AROUND, that the general consensus was that the match was likely to happen BEFORE Ground Zero. I don't know the dates, I won't claim to, but that's what I was basing my post on.

As for WC, whatever, I'll stand by and say that this thread isn't for the purpose of people demanding stuff. I can't say much more. You can spin people's words and make a great point, and I agree, but in the end calling someone greedy for saying what they want is just fucking bull shit.

There's not much that I would choose to say in response to that that's not going to lead to a flamewar the likes of which I have neither the time nor the disposition for, so I shall withdraw. Just let it stand that it is my opinion that the title situation should be resolved at Ground Zero.

Just alter the angle.

If years of being friends with Kibagami have taught me anything, it's that LSD is a hell of a drug. After that, though, it's that no title, no matter how important, no loss, no matter how devestating, no retirement, no matter how shocking, no circumstance, no matter HOW unexpected, cannot be booked around while also not destroying the fundamental point of an angle. While it may require a logic jump of some kind, nothing is too impossible to make fit, no matter how much you think it won't.

-Z

The way I see it, if you were planning to do something, then you're not being punished by not getting to do something else. That's a little like if you and your girl are about to go to supper, and about a half hour before you get ready to go, your friend calls you and tells you that he and the rest of your friends are going to go to the club, or wherever it is that you think is a cool place to go hang out at. And you don't want to blow off your girl, because you want a little action later, but you want to go to the wild out spot, too. You can't always have it both ways, and sometimes you just have to pick one, and live with your pick.

like hell you can't.

There's not much that I would choose to say in response to that that's not going to lead to a flamewar the likes of which I have neither the time nor the disposition for, so I shall withdraw. Just let it stand that it is my opinion that the title situation should be resolved at Ground Zero.

When did I say it shouldn't...?

I'm pretty sure I said I agree with you earlier, the only thing I was arguing against was calling someone greedy for voicing their concerns when they were asked.

Just alter the angle.

If years of being friends with Kibagami have taught me anything, it's that LSD is a hell of a drug. After that, though, it's that no title, no matter how important, no loss, no matter how devestating, no retirement, no matter how shocking, no circumstance, no matter HOW unexpected, cannot be booked around while also not destroying the fundamental point of an angle. While it may require a logic jump of some kind, nothing is too impossible to make fit, no matter how much you think it won't.

-Z

Tell that to the New Clan.

You guys are making things too complicated.

I'm not demanding anything. It's just that Raynor or anyone else in position of power has yet to state that the title match will be at the PPV. And like I said, if some of us knew from the start that it was going to be at the PPV, some of us wouldn't even had bothered. And it still hasn't been stated if it's at the PPV.

And everything else was a suggestion. It's true I would feel a bit punished since it's an OPEN INVITATIONAL. Everyone is invited, no matter the situation. Of course, like I said, if it was already stated that it would be at the PPV, some of us wouldn't even had bothered. And yeah, I'll happily drop out of the match for the angle. And to be honest, I do find this angle more important than the title. I helped (along with Cross and Akira) build and plan this angle, so of course I'll be more appreciative of that than some thrown together match just so we can say we have a champion.

But whatever, it really doesn't matter, cause this is like ya know...imaginary and all.

Edited by zyon

Since it's my belt I thought I'd add my comments. You still have Lockdown and Smarkdown before the PPV. Why not handle the International matches in those two shows and have the first title defense at Ground Zero?

All this talk about the tournament format and all is completly moot, the winner will just job to An Octopus at the very next show either way.

Can I say that I'm sorry to hear that, you're one of the names in this group that I was really looking forward to facing - but it's not like you quit the fed, I'm sure I'll face you down the road ;)

Oof. Seems we're in a bit of a pickle.

It is an open invitational, and I don't want to take that back and say "Open only to anyone not doing anything"...

On the other hand, I would at least like a guarenteed crowning or defense at the PPV, in some form or another...

Some of you should start checking your PM boxes. Let's see if we can figger this out.

Well if that'll put me a step above everyone else in the title race...

... then Akira can do it.

Sign in to follow this