TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

OAO ECW on Sci-Fi Thread for 7/11 (Week 5)

I doubt they really know shit about ECW other than watching a couple of tapes. I'm sure it just means that they liked the action and style that they saw in that one match.

Which is still a good thing.

D'oh, thanks for pointing that out. I guess I'm so damn used to typing RVD/Sabu together after all of these years. :)

Chris, oh if only Edge wasn't champ and someone from WCW was. Your sig would be like a parade of WCW champs.

Heh...well, no problem for part one.

For part two...don't think that there's anyone from the WCW days that's on Raw right now. Unless Eric Bischoff were to win the WWE title, which I doubt with the fact that I heard is contract is either close to or has already expired.

Here's a question I have though...when are they going to bring out at the very least the ECW Tag Team Titles? Or, if they are planning to make one, an ECW Television Championship.

Something for either of those belts would work for Summerslam, since ECW is mentioned on the Summerslam poster.

I think Sci-Fi liked a hot crowd that wasn't chanting profanity and throwing garbage.

Last night's show was pretty good as I went through it again and it's starting to develop alot of things.

For part two...don't think that there's anyone from the WCW days that's on Raw right now. Unless Eric Bischoff were to win the WWE title, which I doubt with the fact that I heard is contract is either close to or has already expired.

There's always Ric Flair............

That...would be weird to see.

Especially if Flair kept the spinner belt.

Mick Foley, Torrie Wilson, Hulk Hogan, Jim Ross, Stacy Keibler.

Joey Styles should just quit.

I think it's absolutely pathetic how WWE called and begged Joey Styles to bail them out when Mike Goldberg wouldn't fuck over UFC, and have done nothing but yell at him for the way he does his job.

Joey should tell them to fuck off.

Yeah, and it's not like he needs their paycheck anyway since he's got that advertising job in Atlanta

Mick Foley, Torrie Wilson, Hulk Hogan, Jim Ross, Stacy Keibler.

You got me there.

EDIT- Upon further examination, I have found other former WCW superstars on RAW:

Nick Dinsmore (Worked a few Saturday Night matches in 1998)

Triple H (Worked there for a brief stint in 1994)

Jim Duggan

Edited by Quasar

Joey Styles should just quit.

I think it's absolutely pathetic how WWE called and begged Joey Styles to bail them out when Mike Goldberg wouldn't fuck over UFC, and have done nothing but yell at him for the way he does his job.

Joey should tell them to fuck off.

Yeah, and it's like he needs their paycheck anyway since he's got that advertising job in Atlanta

Joey Styles and Joe Rogan working together would be great.

Well for those that don't tape ECW and want to see it again......

Get your Hardcore Hangover on ECW.com

July 12, 2006

Missed ECW on Sci Fi or want to see the carnage again? If you live in the United States, then ECW.com has exactly what you want!

Hardcore Hangover is a special new webcast on ECW.com. Every Wednesday at 10/9 CT, ECW.com will post the video of the main event of the previous night's ECW on Sci Fi.

Every subsequent night, a new segment from that week's show will be posted, but here's the best part: The fans will get to vote and choose which segment they want to see next!

ECW.com's Hardcore Hangover begins tonight at 10/9 CT with a replay of the Big Show vs. Ric Flair Extreme Rules Match for the ECW Championship. It's 7-foot monster vs. 16-time World Champion, and you get to see all the extreme action one more time.

This special presentation is only available to residents of the United States...but if you're able to get it, ECW.com's Hardcore Hangover is one hangover you'll want to keep around.

Well for those that don't tape ECW and want to see it again......

Get your Hardcore Hangover on ECW.com

July 12, 2006

Missed ECW on Sci Fi or want to see the carnage again? If you live in the United States, then ECW.com has exactly what you want!

Hardcore Hangover is a special new webcast on ECW.com. Every Wednesday at 10/9 CT, ECW.com will post the video of the main event of the previous night's ECW on Sci Fi.

Every subsequent night, a new segment from that week's show will be posted, but here's the best part: The fans will get to vote and choose which segment they want to see next!

ECW.com's Hardcore Hangover begins tonight at 10/9 CT with a replay of the Big Show vs. Ric Flair Extreme Rules Match for the ECW Championship. It's 7-foot monster vs. 16-time World Champion, and you get to see all the extreme action one more time.

This special presentation is only available to residents of the United States...but if you're able to get it, ECW.com's Hardcore Hangover is one hangover you'll want to keep around.

This could be a good way for them to see what segments work best with people on the net. Of course, you know there will be assholes voting to see Kelly's Expose.

Guest Kobe24KGold

Yeah, it's the 2nd highest ever (behind the 1st episode). The show got a 2.1/2.2 in the 18-49 demo.

I recall mentioning last week that the 1.4 was obviously a low holiday number, an outlier. The real numbers have been 2.8, 2.2, and 2.4, which is settling into a decent enough range.

Anyone find it amusing though that the one show where anything of real note happened (the RVD/Show title change) is the show that no one watched?

Guest Timmer

Can you guys think of a way they could kayfabe the addition of Extreme Rules?

I'd blame it on SciFi and say it was a condition of getting the TV deal. I doubt the network would care.

Heyman can say the reason ECW folded the first time was because the wrestlers burnt themselves out trying to please the fans. Now, he wants people to slow down so ECW can live forever. I don't know, it sorts works with the cult leader gimmick.

Mmmm, basically what the WWE wants all their wrestlers to do in real life.

Guest Timmer
Can you guys think of a way they could kayfabe the addition of Extreme Rules?

I'd blame it on SciFi and say it was a condition of getting the TV deal. I doubt the network would care.

Did anyone else find it funny that Flair/TBS match was under extreme rules but they had the ref taking forever to pat down the wrestlers for foreign objects?

Guest Timmer

Bob Sapp vs. The Big Show.

Now that would be quite the trainwreck..... and I'd probably pay to see it.

Would you pay to see Mark Henry vs Great Khali?

How about Big Show vs. Great Khali?

Shhhhhh, you're gonna ruin it since I'm sure that will be an interprotional match at next year's wrestlemania...

Here are a few more details about the rating from PWInsider:

Last night's ECW On Sci Fi did a 2.4 cable rating, with a four share. That rebounded from the 1.4 that they did on the Fourth Of July (which everyone expected since it was airing on the holiday). The show had good growth throughout, starting with a 2.1 first quarter, growing to a 2.3 and a 2.3, then doing a 2.5 and a 2.8 for the five minute overrun. Sci Fi will be happy with that number.

That indicates people kept interest in the show and kept building. Last night's show might have been a sign of things heading towards a direction and the viewers are liking it.

They have 3 primary angles set up

-The cult leader Paul Heyman and his disciple champion against Tommy Dreamer (and others will join him) who resents the changes made by Heyman. RVD will be back to get revenge...

-Sabu has no concern for rules and lives on his own terms.

-Sandman is tired of Mike Knox's treatment towards Kelly Kelly

They also have CM Punk building himself up that when he finally debuts in the ring, it'll be a big deal. I like when Taz said "I can't wait to see this guy in the ring". I think they'll wait a whole month before Punk even gets to the ring.

Would Kelly Kelly eventually become Sandman's ring-chick, like Woman used to be (although to a MUCH, MUCH lesser extent...as Woman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kelly Kelly)

This might sound silly but are there any plans to do a tag division on ECW? I wish they had a 2nd hour to feature more guys on the roster and maybe do some tag stuff.

This might sound silly but are there any plans to do a tag division on ECW? I wish they had a 2nd hour to feature more guys on the roster and maybe do some tag stuff.

Heyman intends to but they need to establish a show to hook people first and get the players in place before they get moving on a tag scene.

Right now, they have

FBI

Roadkill and Doring

Kill the drag queen angle and get Vito Logrosso back and reform DA Baldies with DeVito and put Credible in the group as well.

Maybe York and Matthews can reform as well.

Regarding the Styles situation, I will say this much. Joey was very much, live, looking like he did not want to be there. He didnt even so much as shake or slap anyones hands in and out of coming out to announce the matches. He sat there during commercials very apathetic towards everyone involved, and this was including the production people who seemed to be trying to talk to him (for whatever reason). Tazz, likewise, did not seem too into it himself, but not nearly as much as Styles did. He doesnt look happy or even remotely interested in what he is doing, off-camera.

I will outright admit I did not expect that rating for the show after the abysmal show last week. But, hey, it was a solid show and as such, it did give justice to the jump in the rating.

With that said, I'm definately not on the bandwagon here about having Flair become an ECW regular. While I would like to see Flair-Foley in a hardcore match, its likely that will occur at SummerSlam and left at that, probably rightfully so. If I want to see another Terry Funk, I'd rather see, well, Terry Funk. Flair as an ECW regular is just not something I can see working long term.

Regarding the Styles situation, I will say this much. Joey was very much, live, looking like he did not want to be there. He didnt even so much as shake or slap anyones hands in and out of coming out to announce the matches. He sat there during commercials very apathetic towards everyone involved, and this was including the production people who seemed to be trying to talk to him (for whatever reason). Tazz, likewise, did not seem too into it himself, but not nearly as much as Styles did. He doesnt look happy or even remotely interested in what he is doing, off-camera.

I will outright admit I did not expect that rating for the show after the abysmal show last week. But, hey, it was a solid show and as such, it did give justice to the jump in the rating.

With that said, I'm definately not on the bandwagon here about having Flair become an ECW regular. While I would like to see Flair-Foley in a hardcore match, its likely that will occur at SummerSlam and left at that, probably rightfully so. If I want to see another Terry Funk, I'd rather see, well, Terry Funk. Flair as an ECW regular is just not something I can see working long term.

Flair, can still bump. Funk is one bad bump away from death. Flair, could actually play the old veteran looking for one last chance at glory just like Funk.

For the ECW fanbase, Funk was god. For the mainstream fanbase that Vince wants, Flair is a legend past his prime but the fans still "believe" in him.