TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

OAO ECW on Sci-Fi Thread for 7/11 (Week 5)

The ECW World Championship will once again be on the line when ECW on Sci Fi is live from Minneapolis.

Last night on RAW, Big Show challenged RAW's Ric Flair to a match tonight for the Championship. Show reminded Flair that he is the only man to hold the ECW, WCW, and WWE Championships and asked Flair if he had one more left in him. The "Nature Boy" accepted, but when he turned his attention to Paul Heyman, Big Show left him laying after a vicious Cobra Clutch Backbreaker.

So tonight, it will be the ECW Champion vs. the 16-time World Champion in the main event. Will Big Show's rampage continue, or will Flair become the second man to complete the golden trifecta and become world champion for the 17th time?

RAW's sultry Playboy cover girl, Candice Michelle, will also be in the house in Minneapolis. Last night on WWE.com Unlimited, Paul Heyman invited her to come have a Dance-Off against the beautiful Kelly, but Candice told him that she'd rather dance WITH the gorgeous exhibitionist.

No matter how you slice it, whatever happens between the delicious Diva and the vivacious Vixen is sure to be hot. So, be sure to tune into ECW on Sci Fi tonight at 10/9 CT to see what happens.

So I'm guessing Candice has suddenly become a face. Apparently getting head from an average looking girl equals face turn in the WWE.

Hopefully they will set up something where Sabu has an opponent for the SNME. And maybe a Punk debut match would be nice.

Maybe Sandman can interrupt the Candace/Kelly segment and cane both of them allowing Francine to finish off the segment. This would end the Kelly's Expose crap and set up a feud with Sandman and Knox. Kelly can still do her exhibitionist act but spare us from the bad weekly striptease. Oh, who am I kidding.

If Flair somehow wins the ECW title, will he count it as a 17th world title reign?

And also I think when Mickie James beat the shit out of Candice was supposed to be her face turn.

Please.....oh PLEASE bring out Jazz and let her kill both of them! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I hope Flair pulls off the upset but not likely. You know, it would have worked out better if Flair had beaten RVD last week for the belt and then started acting like he was "above being hardcore" in the new ECW. I think I would mark out for Sabu-Flair even if it fell apart halfway through because of both guys limitations.

This is another 'Flair for the Gold' moment.

Will Jeff Jarrett be the 1st in the ring to steal the spotlight from the champion?

Followed closely by Hulk Hogan, and then Triple H.

Big Show winning the ECW belt come out of nowhere. If Flair wins the ECW belt then I want to see him drop it to Rey Mysterio Jr. Flair vs Rey from WCW spring break is one of my favorite matches of all time.

If Vince is thinking of putting the ECW title on Flair, he might as well just line up Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, RVD, Justin Credible and whoever else and just piss on them in the middle of the ring.

Having said that, I can't see them doing this because it would basically cut TBS's latest push off at the knees.

It will end with Mick Foley coming out and helping the Big Show beat Ric Flair and both of them leave Flair in a bloddy mess.

If Vince is thinking of putting the ECW title on Flair, he might as well just line up Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, RVD, Justin Credible and whoever else and just piss on them in the middle of the ring.

Having said that, I can't see them doing this because it would basically cut TBS's latest push off at the knees.

Who else would you want to have it right now? Sabu and Van Dam, unavailable. Justin Credible?

Who else would you want to have it right now? Sabu and Van Dam, unavailable. Justin Credible?

Yeah sure, Justin Credible would have been fine as a champion right now if WWE wasn't treating all the actual guys from ECW like jobbers.

What he said. WWE booked themselves into a corner yet again and the only guy that looks remotely credible outside of RVD and Sabu is TBS.

Bullshit, it was an "extreme rules" match which meant that run-ins are legal. They could have had anyone, even a guy debuting on the show for the first time, run in there and take it and do something interesting.

I mean, shit, it's the THIRD brand, bottom on the totem pole, with a belt that's only two weeks old. It's not total shit if they had somebody run-in and take it. Would get people talking about that person, too.

Maybe Sandman can interrupt the Show/Flair match and cane the living fuck out of both of them giving the actual ECW fans a face to cheer for in the main event feud. Oh, who am I kidding.

Edited to be something I'd really like to see. Seriously, they had a chance to make a great angle out of this, (Show is the WWE heel against the ECW loyalists), and they couldn't have fucked it up worse. To whoever said there are no options because RVD's out, I've got three right off the top of my head:

1. Show/Sabu: This is the completely obvious choice. Sabu is not suspended, and there's no reason that he couldn't have a quick feud with show over the title before RVD comes back. As long as he's talking now, he could cut a quick promo about how he's what ECW's all about and how Show's not really hardcore, leading to some beatdowns, and an eventual extreme rules match between the two.

2. Show/Sandman: Have Show start off the show in the middle of the ring cutting a boring promo in an ugly ill-fitting suit, only for Sandman to come out and cane the fuck out of him. Instant feud. Sandman talks about how he's been caning wrestlecrap for weeks, and this fat jackass is just another example.

3. Show/Dreamer: They already have a feud going! Why wouldn't this be a perfect time-filler for a few weeks? Dreamer's a good promo, and he could talk about how there's nothing hardcore about getting a fat sellout to win the title for you. If Show sold for Dreamer a little bit, they could have a really fun match.

Sandman cannot carry the company, because the guy is all entrance and he doesn't have that now. The guy has only been in one interesting angle and he was being partially carried by a child.

Dreamer seems so much more likely to me. On the other hand, if we HAD to have Flair wrestle an ECW guy, Flair/Sabu would be interesting just for all the blood would that be spilled everywhere when it was done.

He'd only have to do it for a few weeks until RVD comes back. I'm just looking for someone to go in there, stand up for the honor of ECW, and ultimately get their asses kicked just in time for Rob to come back and save the day. Sabu, Sandman, and Dreamer would all fit this purpose just fine. And even if you say Sandman "doesn't have it any more", you have to admit you'd mark out to see him cane the fuck out of Paul E. and the Big Show.

The way that the ECW alumni have been presented for the past 6 or so weeks, the only ones that a WWE audience would buy as champ are RVD, Sabu, and possibly Sandman or Dreamer at a stretch if they did something insane like lay out TBS. Extreme rules and run-ins are all well and good but they're trying to establish the brand and they need someone that the regular WWE audience (and let's face it, they're pretty much one and the same with the ECW audience by now) will buy as being able to beat anybody one way or another. I mean fuck, personally I'd rather have seen Punk challenge for the title on his debut last week and won it, but from a business standpoint it makes more sense to do what they've done than to put it on someone like Justin Credible for example, who got clean squashed by Kurt Angle 2 weeks ago or whenever it was. Big Show as ECW champ is extremely retarded but their realistic options were limited and they've only got themselves to blame for that.

They'd better, god they'd better.

I like the above ideas, and I'm upset that they were mentioned, because they'll never ever happen.

Were more likely to have Orton vs. TBS...

I never thought I would say this but ECW sucks. I've been a fan since 1998 and was so excited when I heard that they were back, but it's horrible. It's the same show EVERY week. In no order te segments are Kelly "dancing," she CAN'T dance and it's the same horrible song everyweek. Then Mike Knox comes out to cover her up and he has a match with a former ECW title holder who is now a jobber. Then you have a returning/debuting wrestler beating another former title holder, then Sandman comes out to beat up a jobber, or a former ECW title holder dressed up (Tony DeVito), then you have some crappy backstage promos, then a 20-25 main event that is decent, and thrown in there some times is a Sabu match when he isn't out getting arrested.

Same shit different day. I tought it would be fun to watch, but with Paul not running the ship what is there to look forward to? Former ECW title holders jobbing to wrestlers that Vince has a hard on for? Fuck this!

I never thought I would say this but ECW sucks. I've been a fan since 1998 and was so excited when I heard that they were back, but it's horrible. It's the same show EVERY week. In no order te segments are Kelly "dancing," she CAN'T dance and it's the same horrible song everyweek. Then Mike Knox comes out to cover her up and he has a match with a former ECW title holder who is now a jobber. Then you have a returning/debuting wrestler beating another former title holder, then Sandman comes out to beat up a jobber, or a former ECW title holder dressed up (Tony DeVito), then you have some crappy backstage promos, then a 20-25 main event that is decent, and thrown in there some times is a Sabu match when he isn't out getting arrested.

Same shit different day. I tought it would be fun to watch, but with Paul not running the ship what is there to look forward to? Former ECW title holders jobbing to wrestlers that Vince has a hard on for? Fuck this!

I hear you.

When I first heard about it, I was against it. But then I decided to give it a chance, realizing that it was a different kind of ECW and not the same one as before. But now.. now.. it's just painful to watch. I feel like I'm watching Shotgun Saturday Night or something. It the words of Dr. Gonzo, it's "just... just... ugh!!"