TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

OAO ECW on Sci-Fi Thread for 7/11 (Week 5)

I will say this is the best booked Big Show has been in some time.

I think that he makes a believable "unstoppable beast," especially after no-selling the thumbtack bump.

OT, but my local cable is showing ads for an Indy show headlined by Tony Atlas and Spike in Syracuse.

You in Rochester? I am seeing that same commerical.

+'s of tonight

-Kelly's bad dancing was offset by Candice who actually danced.

-Heyman's cult leader character seeds are planted with a decent promo

-Dreamer goes Dreamer and jobs. Vintage ECW.

-Limited Knox.

-CM Punk builds his character up again.

-A fun little main event.

Negatives

-The entire Credible/Sabu stuff. Which I supposed leads to a rematch at SNME with bigger stunts and such?

-Shannon Moore is infesting ECW.

I actually think this came across pretty good on TV.

They had wrestling. The actual two stupid segments of Kelly/Knox, and the Sandman/random Jobber got put into one angle. The actual pacing of the show was a lot better. They actually are trying to develop storylines and characters now (which they should have done from the get go), AND there was actually a TON of crowd heat for basically everything tonight. Also the Heyman thing in the beginning was good and hopefully will lead to Dreamer brining it "back", or something. And I thought that Shannon Moore was good :(, so I thought it was cool that he is being added to the mix. The only negative thing tonight was the 3 min Credible/Sabu match...they really need to just let ECW matches go Extreme if they need to, that's my only real gripe here, but that isn't going to change anytime soon.

I was thinking this show would totally suck. I was wrong. It was a pretty good show. Test still sucks but the fact that he needed to cheat to beat Tommy made it ok, Tommy rules! Kelly segment was short and it was good to see Sandman taking it to someone besides a jobber. Does this mean an actual feud? Sabu looked ok, but I didn't think he was going to win, I thought it was going to do the job straight up though.

The main event was actually entertaining. I HATE Flair and was worried that this was going to suck. It was pretty good. Flair took that tack throw like a champ. You could see him saying something to Show after the pin, and it proably was "Throw me into the tacks."

I liked the promos as well. CM Punk is going to be huge. Introducing Balls to the casual non old ECW fans is a good thing and Shannon Moore seeems to be a good fit.

Paul Heyman must have had more to do with this show then they wanted us to think.

I would probably give this show a 3 out of 5 for not sucking as mucha as I thought and for being entertaining.