TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

OAO ECW on Sci-Fi Thread for 7/11 (Week 5)

What story does the Pepsi tattoo tell?

Are you fucking serious? It's a pretty well known story for any IWC fan.

Here's the abb. story...

The lead singer of Minor Threat, the punk band of the early 1980's that introduced the concept of Straight Edge in a popular song describing the principles of sXe had a Coca-Cola tattoo.

Punk, used to drink cartons of Pepsi every saturday morning watching wrestling as a kid. When Punk was growing up, the local bullies that often attacked Punk had beer logos tattooed on them.

Punk got the pepsi tattoo to play off the sXe connection, the attachment to wrestling and a sorta "fuck-you" to the bullies that led him to wrestling as a career.

Well..I didnt know that.

I like how Balls was taped in front of a loading dock while Flair is in a well-lit studio. It's little touches that accentuate the differences between WWE and ECW that will help this brand.

why are they using the lame Matthew Brodrick version of Godzilla for these commercials?

I have the feeling they are just recycling an ad from 1998.

I hope TBS/Flair is solid, with a somewhat interesting climax. If all goes well, I might end up saying that I fully enjoyed this episode of ECW.

Can you guys think of a way they could kayfabe the addition of Extreme Rules?

I'd blame it on SciFi and say it was a condition of getting the TV deal. I doubt the network would care.

As stupid as the extreme rules is, this show has given me some hope they can work this thing out. TBS-Flair isn't going effect ECW longterm, so I can give this week a thumbs up.

Can you guys think of a way they could kayfabe the addition of Extreme Rules?

I'd blame it on SciFi and say it was a condition of getting the TV deal. I doubt the network would care.

Heyman can say the reason ECW folded the first time was because the wrestlers burnt themselves out trying to please the fans. Now, he wants people to slow down so ECW can live forever. I don't know, it sorts works with the cult leader gimmick.

That spot with the table was so awful, the set-up for it was awful looking. The guy (Credible?) gets put on the table, sort of half stands up, looks over his shoulder then slumps back down again like he is knocked out or something.

Aw, fuck. Just when it seemed just fine, they are bringing this stupid idiot back.

Lil Guido needs somebody to go over once a month...

They need to stop rehashing failures from WWE circa the last 5 years and start making new names out of guys from OVW and the like.

It could be worse, they could rehash his 3 count gimmick in ECW