TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JangoFett4Hire

Good shows gone bad...

70's Show went down hill when Topher left the show, Hot Donna went blond, and when Frank Stallone clones became regulars.

Topher left the show? Why?

Here in the UK, im only on season 4, but i have seen some episodes from later series and didnt think they were so good.

And 24 was excellent for the first 3 series. The 4th was ok, but i just couldnt get into the 5th series.

One show that never went downhill was The Cosby Show...I love Bill Cosby.

That was actually the first show I thought of. It started going downhill when Raven-Symone showed up, and the last season (with Pam) was pretty bad.

Family Matters, like a lot of shows with kids in key roles, started to tank when Jaleel White's voice deepened so much that his Urkel voice actually started to sound normal. That's when he became Mr. Multiple Personality to cover it up.

That was actually the first show I thought of. It started going downhill when Raven-Symone showed up, and the last season (with Pam) was pretty bad.

Even the Raven episodes are great. They're not "young Rudy" great and no other 26 minutes of television will ever equal the greatness of the Cosby episode where Denise made Theo a shirt, but not even ghetto Pam and her friends could ruin that show.

Season Four was still brilliant. Haven't seen 5 yet.

Just saw a latter-day Drew Carey with Cynthia Watros as his out-of-his-league-gf du jour.

Which one of Drew's too hot for him TVGFs would you rather?

Watros or Miller?

Miller hands down....come on she was the first Maxim cover girl way back in 97

Guest Princess Leena

Leave it to Beaver got better over time... but, poor Jerry Mathers changed from a cute kid, to about the dopiest looking young teen there was. The world is cruel.

I know the show it a sophomore slump, but if the current rumors of Mischa Barton joining the cast for season 3 then Desperate Housewives will definitely be on this list. Provided the plots don't also suffer.

Family Matters, like a lot of shows with kids in key roles, started to tank when Jaleel White's voice deepened so much that his Urkel voice actually started to sound normal. That's when he became Mr. Multiple Personality to cover it up.

yeah it got really stupid when thye had Urkel have a transformation chamber, a cloning machine, a teleportation device, etc. then it moved to cbs and they replaced Harriet with a new actress, and had Urkel get together with Laura.it was pretty unwatchable by the end.

by the way we all know about the youngest sister Judy just dissapearing, but what happened to Rachel? suddenly she was gone but her son Richie was still living with the Winslows

as for MWC, I actually liked it bettre in its last few, goofier seasons. then again Im a bigger fan of the Jefferson era than the steve one.

I used to watch Boston Public all the time and was sad to see it canceled out of nowhere and no finale to be had. The lipschultz character was pure comedy gold. and dont deny the genius of the "smell that shoe" lady.

yeah it got really stupid when thye had Urkel have a transformation chamber, a cloning machine, a teleportation device, etc. then it moved to cbs and they replaced Harriet with a new actress, and had Urkel get together with Laura.it was pretty unwatchable by the end.

by the way we all know about the youngest sister Judy just dissapearing, but what happened to Rachel? suddenly she was gone but her son Richie was still living with the Winslows

Speaking of that, Step By Step really took a severe nose drop when Balki replaced Cody. At least Al was hot (and still is).

I second Married...With Children. Most Fox shows get worse the longer they go on, I think. I disagree with the last season of The Wonder Years. That was...the greatest show ever. I think Boy Meets World went downhill when it tried to make every show meaningful and heart-tugging. The last couple years of it was all either goofy stuff that didn't make any sense...which was hit-or-miss funny and melodramatic, trying too hard stuff.

I hated the revisionist history on that show. Corey and Topanga didn't even like each other during the early episodes. Later they tell us how they've been inseparable since the first grade.

They were always together. Topanga, followed Corey for years. I never thought they implied they were a couple since early grade school.

I never thought this show fell down, it just suffered from shifting from the show it was to being a Eric Matthews vehicle. It was all about Eric the final 3 seasons, I agree that I never got the character change there with him. In High school, he's popular and the girls love him but in college he is a loser who can't get any girls and has a sick obsession with Feeny.

They had a flashback of Corey, Topanga, and Shawn at the Zoo when they where little kids.I think it was supposed to be first time Corey and Shawn met. Topanga was a normal 6 year old girl. They denied her Hippie heritage.

Speaking of that, Step By Step really took a severe nose drop when Balki replaced Cody. At least Al was hot (and still is).

Wait a minute...Balki was on Step By Step? And it took a nosedive when he joined the show? Man, I stopped watching TGIF waaaaaay too soon. Balki makes every show better.

Another show that started off really good and interesting was MTV's The Real World. It was really good and interesting the first few years, like...thru the San Francisco show and it went downhill quickly every year after that. I haven't watched any of it since the season with that guy Lars that was into techno music and the guy that got his tongue bit off, but the few minutes of it I do see are just so ridiculously bad and out of touch with real people and what the show started off being about...or the show now is in touch with real people and I'm just horribly out of touch...

Balki played a French hairdresser. He was awful, and Bronson Pinchot should be shot.

Step by Step went downhill when Lily joined the cast.

Are there current pics floating about of Christine Lakin?

pic08.jpg

Well, you tell me:

493694585_l.jpg

I'm sure some joker will post something about her being "too skinny", but me, I'd rip that shit apart.

weird I Just saw a SBS rerun last week where AL gets a role in a movie and does well and wants to move to Hollywood and quit school.

and yea No cody made the show suck

This is probably a more recent pic.

01680033.jpg

Hot.

I dig the holding the shoes while barefoot. Hmmmmmm.

Married...With Children's final year was terrible,IMO.

I think it would have been better if they had known it was the last season.

I always had a thing for Dana on "Step by Step." Maybe it was because I was still crushing on her from "My Two Dads," or maybe because she was the only character who realized everyone around her was a total idiot. It was cool because her constant cutting-down of the other characters was kind of like the writers were sending a secret message that they too knew how dumb the show really was.

step by step and Family matters really jumped the shark when they went from ABC to CBS.

I'd like to add American Dad, Chappelle show, and Real World.