TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

OAO Raw - 7/17

I guess we should wait until the show goes off to really speak out on it.

Once again, DX gets the upperhand. This booking continues to confuse me.

I think it will lead to Vince finally snapping so badly he does something to severely hurt Shane...and that will lead to Shane institutionalizing Vince.

Just close this thread, there's nothing redeeming to talk about and we're just gonna end up bashing the show like we've done for the past 5 years.

DX Sucks.

The McMahon show is awful.

Divas are boring.

Women's wrestling is awful.

Nitro isn't over.

Flair and Foley are old.

There, saves 4 pages.

You forgot "Randall"

Worst year in WWE history, Hawk, my bad.

"Fantastic" is a stretch, though. Aisde from ROH/CZW war which was amazing, PWG has been great as always. TNA on TV has been the shits, the TNA PPVs have been ok to very good, and Japan has been the shits.

NOAH, has had some good stuff. Not it's best but still it's good shit. I'll take the incredible first half of 2006 from ROH/CZW (not just for the feud itself) and NOAH's big matches over everything WWE has done since 2002 combined.

Guest JustPassinBy

Tonite was a forgettable show.

Nothing interesting happened. The only redeeming value is treating the SS like jobbers, bc I just dont like the SS.

Shane needs to not wrestle unless he's going to do some sick spot.

I'm actually more interested in Taker vs Big Show, than anything on Raw tonite. Dreadful 2 hours.

DX needs to add a new member to the team, preferably a female.

Personally, I think 2001-2002 were the worst years for the WWE.

Yeah, forgot Randall:

Randall Orton is slower than he was during his best year of work in 2004 when he was carried by everyone & their mother (but I'll give him credit, he put his fair share of bumps in there). He also seems to have lost considerable brain cells because his promos have somehow gotten worse. He will draw flies with Hogan at SSlam and no doubt only tarnish the potential big box office draw for WM 23 of Austin/Hulk by either going over him or dragging Hulk down to an "OK" big special match, unlike heavily hyped "return" bouts that were great with Rock and Michaels. Randall, much like the similarly named character of Clerks II, belongs behind a counter in a store where he can rot and only plague the lives of the 300 or so repeat customers that have to look at him.

Guest JustPassinBy

2001 still had The Rock's promors. His segments on Raw were enough to at least make the show worth seeing every week.

There's no one on the Raw roster than can touch his entertaining persona right now.l

The main event feud is a chore to watch. Two guys in their forties doing pranks on a sixty year old is the basis of this feud. They screwed up the DX reunion from the start by waiting too long and whatever nostalgia they had left has worn off. It may have worked better if they were feuding with actual wrestlers but DX has no place in todays WWE. The sad thing is they will go by live crowd response, who are more than willing to cheer the old acts.

The highlight of the show was Mick Foley, doing a watered-down version of his promo from last week tonight. The notion of feuding over WCW booking from twelve years ago is absurd, but Flair and Foley have made this feud the best in the company. Flair's not even a real character though and more like an entertaining side-show act.

The Highlanders vs two jobbers. The highlanders remind me of the usual tag team that has an 80s gimmick that won't get over in 2006. Of course in this company that means they are "prospects" and we'll be seeing backstage skits with them for the next few months while 'net fans rave about their hilarity.

Cena vs Umaga. Umaga is Yoko without the weight, charisma and appeal. He's another "prospect" and he's booked strongly here against Cena. Umaga isn't over and once his undefeated streak ends he'll lose the only decent appeal of his character. The WWE title looks strong tonight getting a full two-minute segment. The writers must have been two busy making the hilarious "I love cock" and "Me too" signs to actually think up an interesting show tonight.

Guest Princess Leena
But hes so dreamy! Omg ur just a ugly internet jealous guy! Go randall!

Allez Randy!

Couple notes from me...

-I thought the Cena/Umaga match was just about as good as those two could put on. Glad to see that Cena wasn't booked to bury Umaga.

-That said, Edge vs. Cena has run its course. It shouldn't go past Summer Slam.

-Good to see Nitro doing something different than fighting Shelton and/or Carlito. He even got to speak!

-I like DX but at some point SS and the McMahons have to 1-up them. It may happen soon but it really makes the tag champs look weak when they're constantly getting beat down by 2 guys.

-I'm really tired of Eugene.

-What's up with the Women's division? There was a backstory with Mickie and Beth Phoenix and all of a sudden Beth is nowhere to be found. These days the champ seems to be an afterthought. Plus the Trish-Melina feud has stalled at this moment.

-The Highlanders just aren't doing it for me.

-I wonder how Foley is going to be convinced to have that match with Flair. Will the hardcore stipulation coerce him into accepting? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Couple notes from me...

-What's up with the Women's division? There was a backstory with Mickie and Beth Phoenix and all of a sudden Beth is nowhere to be found. These days the champ seems to be an afterthought. Plus the Trish-Melina feud has stalled at this moment.

-I wonder how Foley is going to be convinced to have that match with Flair. Will the hardcore stipulation coerce him into accepting? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Beth, is injured. This ruined their plans as they can't go back to Trish/Mickie now and WWE is too stupid to hire the many talented and good looking woman's wrestlers in America.

Foley, will take the match after Flair threatens to rape Melina.

Beth is injured right now, hence why she's not on TV right now.

Well then maybe they could have had Beth talk about her history with Mickie, have Mickie get mad and "injure" Beth to set up her return later on.

Couple notes from me...

Beth, is injured. This ruined their plans as they can't go back to Trish/Mickie now and WWE is too stupid to hire the many talented and good looking woman's wrestlers in America.

Or say that he wants to make her bleed like a VIRGIN~!

One thing:

I think Umaga will be the WWE Champion in 2007, possibly late 2006. I got a real Yokozuna vibe from him tonight, but with a better work ethic.

Good lord, I hope not.

UMAGA vs Masters for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 24 with special guest appearance by Hulk Hogan!

One thing:

I think Umaga will be the WWE Champion in 2007, possibly late 2006. I got a real Yokozuna vibe from him tonight, but with a better work ethic.

Good lord, I hope not.

UMAGA vs Masters for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 24 with special guest appearance by Hulk Hogan!

....And his daughter, Brooke.

Beth is injured right now, hence why she's not on TV right now.

Well then maybe they could have had Beth talk about her history with Mickie, have Mickie get mad and "injure" Beth to set up her return later on.

Beth has a broken jaw so as funny as it sounds, she probably can't talk about her history :P

Couple notes from me...

You use too many commas (Beth, is injured...Foley, will take...). Good points though.

The worst year ever in wrestling continues as old men conquer old men.

Nah, outside of Raw, wrestling has been pretty good. SD is solid tv with some legit MOTY candidates. ROH and NOAH have been pretty good too.

To think, it all started with one of the worst feuds of the year in Shawn vs. Vince, which still makes no sense to me.

The Vince/Shawn saga is like a never ending chain of crap. Look at the evolution of the feud...

Shawn tells Vince to "get over Montreal" for no reason -> Vince tries to make Shawn's life a living hell using the Spirit Squad and repeated KMA club efforts -> Shawn wins what should've been the blowoff match... -> But Vince claims it was divine intervention thus starting the "God" feud -> Vince goes over Shawn/God, but still wants to make Shawn's life a living hell -> HHH gets involved and does a poor face turn -> Lame-ass DX rehash -> Vince tries to make DX's lives a living hell via the Spirit Squad and KMA club efforts -> ????

Honestly, I can't see this program ending well. Don't know why. For my money, it's one of the worst feuds in wrestling history.

Worst year in WWE history, Hawk, my bad.

"Fantastic" is a stretch, though. Aisde from ROH/CZW war which was amazing, PWG has been great as always. TNA on TV has been the shits, the TNA PPVs have been ok to very good, and Japan has been the shits.

NOAH, has had some good stuff. Not it's best but still it's good shit. I'll take the incredible first half of 2006 from ROH/CZW (not just for the feud itself) and NOAH's big matches over everything WWE has done since 2002 combined.

You guys forgot about CHIKARA. A great half year, probably the best they've had and their new commissioner is Bob Saget.

Beat that.

Guest Jack_23

I'm amazed just how they're booking this. SNME may well have not happened. In fact apart from the Orton Vs Hogan skit, if it didn't happen then who would know the difference?

We didn't learn ANYTHING from this weeks Raw. Edge dislikes Cena, Vince & Spirit Squad dislike DX, Diva search sucks and Carlito thinks Trish is hot. Isn't that kinda identical to what happened last week?

...and the week before that.....and before that....

Yeah, the angle development has been _very_ slow lately. I mean, why do we have to sit through Shawn vs Shane, when DX has totally destroyed the McMahons and the Spirit Squad...week after week, after week now? This feud needs to transition to DX vs any other two guys, with the McMahons playing a very small supporting role.

At least the Highlanders are getting some character development, and seemingly starting a feud with Spirit Squad. Of course, shows how weak the tag team division is when a new team with two squash wins over jobber tandems is being set up to be the next tag title challengers.