TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 7/17 - 7/23

I think tonight's game should finally convince Narron to stop trying this cutesy act with Denorfia and just start Freel every game.

I think alot of Cincy's fans are starting to learn that questioning Krivsky is a waste of time since it appears that "stupid" trade ended up being a good thing (as of right now).

I think tonight's game should finally convince Narron to stop trying this cutesy act with Denorfia and just start Freel every game.

I think alot of Cincy's fans are starting to learn that questioning Krivsky is a waste of time since it appears that "stupid" trade ended up being a good thing (as of right now).

Cutesy act with Denorfia? The kid's got a future. If he didn't, the Reds wouldn't have been able to trade Kearns. The smart thing in the long run might be to move Dunn to first, Griffey to a corner, and play both Denorfia and Freel in the outfield.

Didn't see anybody mention it, but the Padres traded two minor league pitchers to the Cubs for Scott Williamson. Good for him. He's a nice guy. Deserves to be on a contender. He went to high school at the front of my neighborhood. Go Friendswood Mustangs~!

In other news, sources are now saying that the Astros aren't likely to trade Morgan Ensberg (although I still could see a trade go down with the Padres for Linebrink), but it's a mystery as to when Ensberg will actually play again. He's eligible to come off the DL in a couple days, but probably won't.

In still other news, Jason Hirsch, the crown jewel of the Astros' farm system and one of two guys that should be considered "off-limits" in any trade, even for, dare I say...A-Rod, has extended his scoreless inning streak to 41.1 innings.

Guest NYankees
Hawk is so fucking annoying. Crede hits a flyball near the first base dugout, and he says, "Get out of here." Damn homer.

Hawk was recently on WFAN last week with Mike and the Mad Dog. Hawk was telling about the days in the past when the White Sox were the favorites among most people from Chicago and that they were the hometown team. He came off as the biggest Homer ever during that interview.

Funny thing about "The Hawk" is he never played for the White Sox and he grew up in South Carolina so he really had no allegiance with the White Sox before they hired him, originally as the team's general manager. He did though play for the Red Sox and was a local radio announcer for them at one time. I've been watching the 1975 World Series DVD set and the network announcers even quote Harrelson a couple of times during the series with his gushing comments about the Red Sox. Basically he's nothing more than a hired gun with a schtick. If he had become a an announcer for the Twins, Rangers, Paders, or whomever he'd have the same old tired schtick. He knows who signs his paycheck and he's never going to say a bad thing about them and that's why the ownership keeps him around.

SHUT UP!!!! ::bangs head against desk::

Chipper and Andruw are both banged up, which is why I'm thankful for the PPD of yesterday's game. They really need to win tonight's game because they were starting to gain some momentum in the WC race. Loved the trade for Wickman.

Just got back from Chicago and while I felt like a traitor even being in the Cell, it was good times openly cheering for the Rangers and when they played clips of the Tigers beating Oakland.

For all the miraculous comebacks the team's made this year, these "faithful" fans bolted towards to exits after Mench's three-run shot.

I haven't been online since Thursday, but I glanced at the lineup the Cubs had today; John Mabry: Cleanup hitter? Awesome.

And speaking of those Cubs, they traded Scott Williamson the Fathers for some prospects.

Guest Felonies!
For all the miraculous comebacks the team's made this year, these "faithful" fans bolted towards to exits after Mench's three-run shot.

SSHHH THEY CARE

I don't get the Yankee fans and A-Rod. Don't they realize that they are only making it worse and are booing the man who will quite possibly re-write the baseball record books?

It's pretty crazy.

And the Marlins have a killer rotation. Couldn't make a post without mentioning the fish, could I?

Guest Brian
I don't get the Yankee fans and A-Rod. Don't they realize that they are only making it worse and are booing the man who will quite possibly re-write the baseball record books?

It's pretty crazy.

And the Marlins have a killer rotation. Couldn't make a post without mentioning the fish, could I?

YOURE GAYE~!

Funny thing about "The Hawk" is he never played for the White Sox and he grew up in South Carolina so he really had no allegiance with the White Sox before they hired him, originally as the team's general manager. He did though play for the Red Sox and was a local radio announcer for them at one time. I've been watching the 1975 World Series DVD set and the network announcers even quote Harrelson a couple of times during the series with his gushing comments about the Red Sox. Basically he's nothing more than a hired gun with a schtick. If he had become a an announcer for the Twins, Rangers, Paders, or whomever he'd have the same old tired schtick. He knows who signs his paycheck and he's never going to say a bad thing about them and that's why the ownership keeps him around.

Hawk was an announcer first, then GM, and then an announcer again. When Harrelson took over the White Sox, they had finished above .500 four of the last five seasons. Harrelson lasted one year. The White Sox lost 90 games in his year, and then lost 90 again the next season. As a bonus, he ran Tony LaRussa out of town.

Guest Felonies!

Hawk was an announcer first, then GM, and then an announcer again. When Harrelson took over the White Sox, they had finished above .500 four of the last five seasons. Harrelson lasted one year. The White Sox lost 90 games in his year, and then lost 90 again the next season. As a bonus, he ran Tony LaRussa out of town.

A Red Sox-White Sox game is actually the only time Hawk Harrelson is remotely tolerable, since he kinda goes easy on the "Carmines." I mean, he still goes "HE GAWN," and "okay here's Paulie......yeah...get 'em, Paulie!" and generally sounds like some guy watching TV in his underwear, but he doesn't go "rrmmm. hmmmrunn. sixfourtigers" or bitch about every bad call like he usually does.

Something I haven't complained about yet. The Phillies are now carrying 13 pitchers. This is overkill to the worst degree. Is Rick White really so important to the franchise that we can't keep Sal Fasano around, or otherwise carry five bench players?

The beauty of Chris Coste is that he can play the infield corners as well as catch. With just two catchers, Charlie Manuel will not play Coste anywhere else, for fear of gatting caught without a backup catcher in case Lieberthal gets hurt. Our only backup infielder is currently hitting .150, well below the Tomas Perez line.

Something I haven't complained about yet. The Phillies are now carrying 13 pitchers. This is overkill to the worst degree. Is Rick White really so important to the franchise that we can't keep Sal Fasano around, or otherwise carry five bench players?

Especially given Fabio Castro has been acquired and since made two appearances in a month. Who did he piss off exactly? The only thing I can thing I think you can hope for is that they plan on trading at least one reliever (please move Cormier given the ridiculous price middle relief is fetching) and will then bring up a position player.

Guest Smues
I <3 Sidney Ponson. Yankee fans may feel differently.

I'd say he should go back to Aruba since it's easier to punch judges apparantly than to pitch, but I hate the Yankees so I hope he keeps pitching.

Guest NYankees
No mention of A-Rod striking out with 2 on in the previous AB?

One can only bitch so much about Arod and it is becoming harder and harder to bitch when you expect and know what is going to happen.

This is so awesome Neifi Perez is getting regular starts at second since Walker's poor defensive showing last Sunday. Really gives you a nice idea what it'll be like following July 31.