TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

Spirit Squad has a new cheer

I'm sure Kenny will be the first to actually "leave" the group. He'll be main eventing WMXXVII.

Jeter will need a good tag partner. The rest are probably fucked.

Christ, you mean Vince isn't going to present the same ridiculous DX vs SS match that he has every fucking RAW for the past god knows how many weeks?

Kenny will be the newest member of DX after turning on the Spirit Squad and McMahon's.

It's the perfect way for Shawn & HHH to use an "Oh My God! you killed Kenny" remark.

WrestleMania twenty seven? If he ME's a Mania, it will be way before that. Gone are the days that people will have a good long push to the main events, people were saying Randy Orton will win the world title about 2009, and things of that nature.

If people are good, these days they'll just be pushed before they're ready. Batista comes to mind. (not about the 'ready' bit, that's another story, more about the being pushed to the main's before even a few years.)

Christ, you mean Vince isn't going to present the same ridiculous DX vs SS match that he has every fucking RAW for the past god knows how many weeks?

& What a great chance to have a traditional 10 man tag match at the SSeries!

WrestleMania twenty seven? If he ME's a Mania, it will be way before that. Gone are the days that people will have a good long push to the main events, people were saying Randy Orton will win the world title about 2009, and things of that nature.

If people are good, these days they'll just be pushed before they're ready. Batista comes to mind. (not about the 'ready' bit, that's another story, more about the being pushed to the main's before even a few years.)

I didn't say it would be his first WM main event. Just that he will main event that one.

Doane should be sent over to Smackdown with a big heel push.

Jeter and Mondo would be a perfect tag team for any of the rosters, although for some reason I could also see a Jeter/Miz duo (the original plan was for Capotelli/Miz, and then Chris Cage/Miz, so maybe they'll rehash the plan).

Nemeth needs to be in a team/stable, because on his own he's rather bland.

Mitchell I have no clue what to even do with.

Why must Triple H always do this? Seriously, Eugene and The Squad, that's six guys who could have meant something until they were squashed.

Guest InuYasha
Meltzer says they are breaking up.

The only surprising part was how long it took.

This is insane. I liked the Spirit Squad. It was an original (as far as I know) gimmick: something new, ridiculous, over the top and entertaining. Why must they make them look like shit then kill the gimmick? They weren't ready for the main event scene but could have made an impact in the mid card. I hate WWE.

How is this insane? It was a gimmick, like Val Venis, that had short term value but no long term use.

In storyline terms, these 5 young kids could not beat 2 middle aged men after weeks and weeks.

Separating them from this lousy gimmick lets the decent ones have a chance to actually succeeds and gets the lesser talented Spirit Squad members off TV until they are ready.

It's about time this move happened.

I want at least one match involving trampolines on PPV before the break-up or at least the actual break-up. Tell me a face turn---by them saying they are dropping the silly cheers but keeping the athletic moves they learned to do with the trampoline---and a trampoline match against Benjamin and Nitro wouldn't rocket two of these guys up like the No Mercy Ladder match between E&C/Hardyz.

Why must Triple H always do this? Seriously, Eugene and The Squad, that's six guys who could have meant something until they were squashed.

We all bitched and moaned about how he squashed people when he was a heel.

We forget that this is NOTHING compared to how he squashes people as a face.

You're missing the big news...The Highlanders will be RAW's tag champs

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to post that.

Weeks after weeks of losing to DX. The Highlanders clearly have heat, so they'll win the now meaningless titles. SS gets mad at one another for it.

Common sense.

I never got the point of this spirit squad vs dx feud. DX comes out on top every week. Even 5 on 2 DX killed them in an elimination match. I kept thinking maybe they would win one week or come out on top only for one of them to join DX, but it never happened...

Guest Princess Leena

Meh, I think the gimmick is fine, though.

I'd be all for Kenny and maybe one of the others jumping ship... while the rest hung around in the tag "division". A place in the card where their gimmick and lack of experience would be much more fitting.

Yay! Lets take a recognisable gimmick, throw it away and turn the poor saps into nondescript nobodies! I smell Gunner Scott. I smell The Bashams! I smell Deacon Batista!

Mitch becomes a heel, who you should hate because he wears sunglasses~! Johnny can be another Chris Benoit wannabee protege! Nicky and Mikey can form WACKY~! new tag teams with any combination of the following: Snitsky, Val, Striker, Conway. And of course, there's Kenny, the cookie cutter nice guy face who wants the Intercontinental Championship out of the blue and ends up paired off with Carlito, Shelton and Nitro in various, what are we doing again this week? matches for the next 4 months.

Assuming this is true (and they don't end up in a 3 way tag team ladder match, with Bret as the ref), I hope everybody who's been whining about the gimmick from day one enjoys the alternative.

Eugene never meant anything, because he is a machine that runs on sympathy heat he can't get. We're supposed to cheer for him because he's intellectually outgunned and always placed in situations that don't favor him. The problem is, Dinsmore really ISN'T mentally challenged, and we all know he's just acting, and thus the crowd feels insulted to show sympathy to a guy who really doesn't have a disability and just acts like it.

Shit, they had a hard enough time trying to get the crowd to care about Zach Gowan and he had a REAL disability, you expect them to support a guy PRETENDING to be "special"? Good luck with that! Dinsmore needs to progress to something where he isn't pretending to be stupid. Just go with something over the top, like a chairshot to the head turns him into a normal person.

Maybe in the old days, Eugene could get over. But now that the business is exposed, no friggin' chance.

Eugene never meant anything, because he is a machine that runs on sympathy heat he can't get. We're supposed to cheer for him because he's intellectually outgunned and always placed in situations that don't favor him. The problem is, Dinsmore really ISN'T mentally challenged, and we all know he's just acting, and thus the crowd feels insulted to show sympathy to a guy who really doesn't have a disability and just acts like it.

Shit, they had a hard enough time trying to get the crowd to care about Zach Gowan and he had a REAL disability, you expect them to support a guy PRETENDING to be "special"? Good luck with that! Dinsmore needs to progress to something where he isn't pretending to be stupid. Just go with something over the top, like a chairshot to the head turns him into a normal person.

Maybe in the old days, Eugene could get over. But now that the business is exposed, no friggin' chance.

Ezactly. His gimmick is so embarrassing. I totally agree with your post, but I think your idea on how to get him out of it would be ridiculous aswell. IMO, a better idea would be to have him turn his back on the Eugene character and turn heel, like Helms did with the Hurricane.

The Spirit squad gimmick also sucks!