TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Smackdown Thread - July/21st/2006.

God, no amount of money is worth what Vito is being forced to do, he should do whatever he can to get out of his contract and go to TNA or something, this is so clearly Vince ribbing him with a gimmick

This show rocks. Kennedy being awesome, Kash busting out the Trailer Hitch, Finlay and Regal's old-school heel tactics, Ashley, Jillian, and Michelle being hot, and Kiiiiiing Booker. Love the Smackdown.

I can't be the only one who finds Sharmell terribly annoying and dislikes the King Booker gimmick. It's a little too old school, makes me think of King Harley Race. No one else in recent memory has completely changed their gimmick due to winning.

Wow, Booker hit a Slingshot Suplex, I think that's the first time I've ever seen that move in a real match

Guest J0bber
A WM 23 Fan Rally..?

Um..yeah..I cant wait for when few people actually show up..

You'd be surprised.

Another good show from SD.

I really want to know who writes this show because it's obviously not the same people writing Raw and ECW. For all its faults, SD is very efficiently booked with the strengths maximized and the weakness kept to a minimum. Minus the diva search (which I admittedly fast forwarded), everything moved along and furthered some storyline. The workrate matches at the Bash (Basically all the title matches) were built up in the ring, while non-workrate matches (Khali/UT and Batista/Kennedy) were built with short, but effective promos. The divas tag was just kind of there, but like most bad things on SD, it was short and out of the way. This was a very well done pre-ppv show, which isn't something WWE does too often.

And JBL gets better each week on commentary. He's starting to settle in and not be so blatantly biased. The chemistry with Cole is improving a lot too, as they're not arguing with each other all the time. Friendly announcers that know when to discuss things and when to rib each other are better than guys that argue non-stop.

I've heard Rhodes is booking on Smackdown now too, though I assume there are still other writers and such.

I really enjoyed Smackdown last night. The diva search stuff is incredibly time wasting. Who thought to use the same annoying funk riff song for every bitch's 30 seconds of dancing, BTW??? Three and a half minutes of my life I'll never get back.

The wrestling was good. I really enjoyed Finlay/Lashley. It had the feel of a 1980s match, but in a good way. Slow paced, and told a story. Lashley really needs to sell more, though. When a guy has been beating on your knee for five minutes, and then you get up and throw him around like a rag doll, that kind of takes away from the match.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Dusty has been on the SD! team since last year's Bullrope match IIRC as everyone freaked that he booked it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dusty has a big role. Makes sense because the show feels so old school.

It does have a good old school feel to it... Which pretty much confirms Dusty is the one booking this show...

Excellent show btw...

I concur with people's assessments of last night's Smackdown!. I wouldn't be surprised if Rhodes was booking because Flair wrote in his book that Dusty had an awesome mind for the business and had good creative ideas. The only thing that screwed him up, though, was that he wrestled and booked which made him put himself over other talent. Either way, OVW and Smackdown! are my two favorite shows of the week.