TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO The Great American Bash Thread - July/23rd/2006.

Card and predictions:

World Heavyweight Title Match

Rey Mysterio .VS. King Booker (with Queen Sharmell).

Winner: King Booker.

Punjabi Prison Match

Undertaker .VS. ECW World Heavyweight champion, The Big Show.

Winner: The Big Show.

"Open Challenge" Match

Batista .VS. Ken Kennedy.

Winner: Batista.

WWE United States Title Match

Fit Finlay .VS. William Regal.

Winner: Fit Finlay.

WWE Tag Team Titles Match

Paul London & Brian Kendrick .VS. The Pitbulls (Jamie Noble & Kid Kash).

Winners: Paul London & Brian Kendrick.

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match

Gregory Helms .VS. Matt Hardy.

Winner: N/A.

Bra & Panties Four-Way Match

Jillian Hall .VS. Ashley .VS. Michelle McCool .VS. Kristal Marshall.

Winner: Ashley.

Five out of the seven matches can at least be something "good". Hopefully London & Kendrick/Pitbulls are given as much time as London & Kendrick/M.N.M. from the last Smackdown PPV. Same for Finlay/Regal going twenty minutes like Finlay/Benoit.

On paper, this looks like a solid show. Then again, so did last years, but I think the thin roster has forced the writers to be more conservative and making safer choices with booking. I think this show will be similar in quality to JD.

Predictions:

Booker T vs. Rey Mysterio (World title): If SD was any indication, I expect we'll see an above average to very good match. Don't necessarily see it getting too much time for a ME (around 15-20 minutes) just because that doesn't really play to Booker's strengths. Might see the Chavo turn here, or just basic King's Court interferrence. Either way, Booker leaves with the title.

Undertaker vs. Khali (Punjabi Prison match):I'll admit that I am curious as to what the match actually is. I know it won't be very good, but the concept is interesting. I can't see the actual match going longer than 10 minutes, but we could very well have a few extra minutes for a Khali murder. UT wins, and quite possibly extends his murder streak (2 more years, and he'll have a killing spree).

Batista vs. Ken Kennedy (#1 contender): No question about the outcome of this. Batista comes out, gets a huge pop, 7 minute competitive squash, wins, moves on.

Finlay vs. William Regal (US title): Given that Finlay frequently gets 10+ minutes on free tv, I don't see why this wouldn't get 20 or so on a shallow card. I know the "two heels" thing might turn WWE off to that idea, but I think they know if they let these two go out and stiff the shit out of each other, they can get the crowd into it. No way Regal gets the belt since he doesn't work full-time, but you know he'll step it up here anyway. Finlay wins, and they probably get along afterwards.

London and Kendrick vs. The Pitbulls (Tag titles): Nice to see two actual teams fighting over the belts, even if they're the only two real teams on the show. Again, with the shallow card, this should get plenty of time and should be a really good match. The problem is, what does either team do without the belts? Probably not much, but Kendrick and/or London could go for the CW or possibly US title. When in doubt go with heel champs, so I predict a Pitbulls victory.

Greg Helms vs. Super Crazy (CW title): Should be a decent match with enough time. Both guys are just drifting right now, so I think Helms retains and Super Crazy goes off to ECW.

Jillian vs. Kristall vs. Ashley vs. Michelle (Bra/Panties): Lame time-filler. Won't last too long. Just your typical T/A match piss break. If I have to pick a winner... Um, Ashley, I guess.

Don't see anything earth-shattering here, outside of maybe Khali's death. Booker/Batista is a fairly predictable program, and the rest will just be business as usual. I think the writers will let the wrestling carry the show, as opposed to overbooking to compensate for injuries (as evidenced by letting Finlay/Regal go one on one).

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

No one else pick Khali til they read the Lashley thread

THE GREATEST ENEMY OF WWE:

liver.jpg

"I must keep this Pay-Per-View from happening again!"

Guest nokia

The Great Khali has also been diagnosed with a diseased liver and is expected to be taken off the road. The decision has been made to pull him from the Great American Bash PPV, and he will be replaced with the Big Show.

This now makes three people pulled from the show, Mark Henry (knee), Bobby Lashey (Liver) and now Khali (liver.)

Credit: Wrestlingobserver.com

If they've already announced Lashley is off the show (on WWE..com), why is WWE keeping the news about Khali quiet? It doesn't make sense.

I don't see anything on WWE.com about the Helms match. I also don't see WWE.com announcing the Khali pull since they probably expect a few buys based on the trainwreck attraction of Khali/Taker II in a match with no announced rules.

I know it's been said before, but we have a PPV name from WCW featuring two well known WCWers wrestling for a title belt shaped in the image of the WCW title while the US title, which WWE acknowledges as having WCW lineage, is being contested between "The Belfast Bruiser" Fit Finlay and Lord Steven Regal. Good stuff.

If they've already announced Lashley is off the show (on WWE..com), why is WWE keeping the news about Khali quiet? It doesn't make sense.

It's 8am on a Saturday morning? WWE doesn't usually make sense.

I don't see anything on WWE.com about the Helms match.

They mentioned it last night on Smackdown.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool
This must be a record for people pulled from PPV.

I think Survior Series 91 holds that mark with 5 or more wrestlers

(Sid, Jake, Neidhart, Busick, Steamboat and ???)

I could be wrong but I think Neidhart's lack of appearance was built up with him losing to Ric Flair and being injured in the figure four, followed by Duggan forgiving Sgt. Slaughter and allowing him to be on his team.

THE GREATEST ENEMY OF WWE:

liver.jpg

"I must keep this Pay-Per-View from happening again!"

That helped me get my day on the right foot.

I see Chavo "accidentally" costing Rey the match somehow, hopefully slow-building a turn.

If Khali is taken off, they can have Boogeyman make a cameo, perform some voodoo, and manifest Khali's soul in the Big Show so that The Undertaker can still get his revenge. And the ECW Champion stays strong because he wasn't in his right mind.

Finlay/Regal and the tag title match will steal the show.

Guest DRH 502

catequi.jpg

PLUS

vicodin-03.jpg

=

badliver.jpg

I'm no genius but something tells me this wellness testing shit isn't working...

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Khali is exported by his home country for trying to run an outlawed match and disgracing his people.

Picks:

Booker T - I'm sick to death of Rey Mysterio as the world champion, even moreso than all the Cena haters on this board put together. Booker has been busting his ass for the past five years and has been fucked over the past (HHH, JBL) so its about time he gets another title run, it'll truly be the highlight of the night for me. Although

I think it will be bullshit if Chavo turns heel and costs Rey the title.

Have Sharmell do that shit instead.

Batista - I wonder if Batista will still headline the PPV. That'd be cool for Kennedy. This match would have meant more if Kennedy was still undefeated, but of course they fucked that up by having him job clean to Matt Hardy of all people last week.

Fit Finlay - Nothing like a good ol' fashion bashing I say.

Paul London & Brian Kendrick - The champs have been getting dominated for the past two weeks in a row therefore they'll retain.

The Undertaker - If we go by Undertaker history (aside from HBk and JBL) if he loses a match, he almost always wins his rematch

Super Crazy- He lost to Helms at JD so I think he'll finally end Helms' impressive CW run this Sunday.

Just like last year, this looks like a fantastic PPV going in, please don't fuck this one up, WWE!

What do you do with Rey when he loses, though? I agree on not actually turning Chavo heel tomorrow, but at least plant the seeds. Have them team together for awhile, and milk it until No Mercy or something.

On Sunday, the WWE has a chance to make a star. Although we will likely see Batista squash Mr. Kennedy, they can pull of an almost Rocky like story with Mr. Kennedy. Mr. Kennedy doesn't need to win, all he needs to do is go the distance and take Batista to the limit. All the seeds are there, an unproven challenger steps up as a last minute replacement, a replacement likely to be destoryed. Have him go the distance with out using too many cheap heelish tatics and boom, new #2 heel for Smackdown. I'd go as far as to not have him do the name thing, because he is in the zone and focused. That would make for some great TV and gives Rey someone to face after King Booker wins the championship. It won't happen because Kennedy has reportedly fallen out of favor with management but with Smackdown's roster so thin they really need to.

I'd like to see the Pitbulls win the tag titles and see a rematch at Summerslam and then a Dog Collar match at No Mercy.

I'm thinking they just may kill Khali off before the match, then have Big Show take his place.

Guest J0bber

Am I in the norm when I say that Kennedy as a main eventer is a lost cause?

WWE might use Khali's removal as part of a storyline. Thus they didn't mention anything.

Or maybe they see it as bad publicity to announce three people have been pulled from the show

On Sunday, the WWE has a chance to make a star. Although we will likely see Batista squash Mr. Kennedy, they can pull of an almost Rocky like story with Mr. Kennedy. Mr. Kennedy doesn't need to win, all he needs to do is go the distance and take Batista to the limit. All the seeds are there, an unproven challenger steps up as a last minute replacement, a replacement likely to be destoryed. Have him go the distance with out using too many cheap heelish tatics and boom, new #2 heel for Smackdown. I'd go as far as to not have him do the name thing, because he is in the zone and focused. That would make for some great TV and gives Rey someone to face after King Booker wins the championship. It won't happen because Kennedy has reportedly fallen out of favor with management but with Smackdown's roster so thin they really need to.

I'd like to see the Pitbulls win the tag titles and see a rematch at Summerslam and then a Dog Collar match at No Mercy.

I'm thinking they just may kill Khali off before the match, then have Big Show take his place.

I agree and would love to see it, but i think we will see a squash

Am I in the norm when I say that Kennedy as a main eventer is a lost cause?

The cause can't be lost if it never existed.

This is the first time he's ever really been close to the top. I'm not a big fan of his, but he has to be given a chance to get over further with the fans.

That card still looks impressive to me. Big Show replacing Khali in the Punjabi Prison Match is actually a Huge Improvment for me as Big Show is a much better wrestler than Khali

IMO, the last time SmackDown had a bad PPV really was last year's bash, every SD PPV sence than has actually been pretty good...

No Mercy 2005- Very good show with a entertaining Main-Event and some good mid-card matches. this was Eddie's last PPV match and he delivered

Armageddon 2005- Not sure what the impression was with this show but I enjoyed it alot. even the Hell in the Cell match was entertaining.

No Way Out 2006- One of the best SmackDown PPVs in history. a strong card with a 5 Star Main-Event. Taker Vs Angle could never do no Wrong.

Judgment Day 2006- probably the weakest of the bunch but still a good show all around. only bad part really was the squash of Undertaker by Khali

so yeah, Great American Bash 2006 is looking great.

Guest Princess Leena

Shouldn't whatever the hell a Punjabi Prison match is, be renamed for Big Show's match.

Unless it stays so MUHAMMAD can return. And talk very... slowly. While I mark out.