TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - July/24th/2006.

Guest InuYasha
"Let me get this straight...you turned the Spanish Announce Table...INTO A TIME MACHINE?!"

The "Mr. Test" is powered by blown spots.

Oh my God...they really do look identical walking up the stage.

The redhead on their arm, along with the gold, and the long hair, Wow. Although it's obvious by who was holding the belts at first who was the more important in each group. (Melina was holding the title at first)

We want more black chicks, deal with it. :P

Have you seen the WWE Affirmative Action policy? It's probably three lines, ending with "YOUUUUU'RE FIIIIIIIRED!"

You are aware that WWE has pretty good base of minorities right?

Batista

Umaga

Benjamin

Booker

Lashley

Henry

Mysterio

Eddie's ghost

Funaki

Davari

Tatanka

Long

AAE

Viscera

Kristal

Sharmell

Chavo

Khali

Boogeyman

That's better then the past and alot of those guys are main event/upper mid-card acts.

The STFU wouldn't be as bad if he pulled back on the neck to make it look more painfull....I think the FU is a legitmate finisher and I think the matches should end on that.

I think they forced him to use the STFU to make it look like he had more tricks in the bag...

"Let me get this straight...you turned the Spanish Announce Table...INTO A TIME MACHINE?!"

"Yes, and I had him help me."

08.jpg

"I'm sure in 2006 you can find Kurt Angle at any corner drugstore....but here in 1985 he's just a little harder to come by!"

Have you seen the WWE Affirmative Action policy? It's probably three lines, ending with "YOUUUUU'RE FIIIIIIIRED!"

Batista

Umaga

Benjamin

Booker

Lashley

Henry

Mysterio

Eddie's ghost

Funaki

Davari

Tatanka

Long

AAE

Viscera

Kristal

Sharmell

Chavo

Khali

Boogeyman

That's better then the past and alot of those guys are main event/upper mid-card acts.

You forgot Coach and Carlito

Guest InuYasha

Batista

Umaga

Benjamin

Booker

Lashley

Henry

Mysterio

Eddie's ghost

Funaki

Davari

Tatanka

Long

AAE

Viscera

Kristal

Sharmell

Chavo

Khali

Boogeyman

sar-casm

A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.

A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the BUTT of contempt or ridicule.

The use of sarcasm.

Batista

Umaga

Benjamin

Booker

Lashley

Henry

Mysterio

Eddie's ghost

Funaki

Davari

Tatanka

Long

AAE

Viscera

Kristal

Sharmell

Chavo

Khali

Boogeyman

Is God a jew? I know he's a jobber but he got some good screen time.

Batista

Umaga

Benjamin

Booker

Lashley

Henry

Mysterio

Eddie's ghost

Funaki

Davari

Tatanka

Long

AAE

Viscera

Kristal

Sharmell

Chavo

Khali

Boogeyman

I agree somewhat...But what Triple H did to Shelton Benjamin a couple years ago was wrong...U can beat me fairly...Get a little run...But the next week..Im gonna pedigree you back to the midcards...where you will remain

There really needs to be an Asian WWE Champion....like myself......maybe I can convince vince to give me a big push if I go AWOL and harrass women.....oh and have an affiar with my best friend's girlfriend.

Batista

Umaga

Benjamin

Booker

Lashley

Henry

Mysterio

Eddie's ghost

Funaki

Davari

Tatanka

Long

AAE

Viscera

Kristal

Sharmell

Chavo

Khali

Boogeyman

I agree somewhat...But what Triple H did to Shelton Benjamin a couple years ago was wrong...U can beat me fairly...Get a little run...But the next week..Im gonna pedigree you back to the midcards...where you will remain

To be fair, Benjamin really wasn't ready for it anyways. Still isn't. Booker T was treated much worse.

Can't believe I neglected Carlito and Coach, considering they are actually consistant characters.

Guest InuYasha

Doc Vincent Brown: No! It can't be; I just sent you back to the midcard!

Marty McCena: No, I know; you *did* send me back to the midcard. But I'm back - I'm back *from* the midcard.

08.jpg

"I'm sure in 2006 you can find Kurt Angle at any corner drugstore....but here in 1985 he's just a little harder to come by!"

"Okay, future boy whose main eventing in 2006?"

"Well Vince McMahon has been featured a lot"

"Vince McMahon?! The announcer? Hah! Whose the world champion, Gordan Solie?"

"Hey Wait!"

"I suppose Tony Schiavone and Johnny Weaver are the tag team champions!"

Batista

Umaga

Benjamin

Booker

Lashley

Henry

Mysterio

Eddie's ghost

Funaki

Davari

Tatanka

Long

AAE

Viscera

Kristal

Sharmell

Chavo

Khali

Boogeyman

Now that I look back at it.....This mostly B carders....

Batista

Umaga

Benjamin

Booker

Lashley

Henry

Mysterio

Eddie's ghost

Funaki

Davari

Tatanka

Long

AAE

Viscera

Kristal

Sharmell

Chavo

Khali

Boogeyman

Now that I look back at it.....This mostly B carders....

Yes, it is 3/4 of Smackdown's roster. It should be noted that the only real offensive stereotype is on Raw. Raw is Vince's baby. That tells you exactly what Vince thinks.

Batista

Umaga

Benjamin

Booker

Lashley

Henry

Mysterio

Eddie's ghost

Funaki

Davari

Tatanka

Long

AAE

Viscera

Kristal

Sharmell

Chavo

Khali

Boogeyman

To be fair, Benjamin really wasn't ready for it anyways. Still isn't. Booker T was treated much worse.

Can't believe I neglected Carlito and Coach, considering they are actually consistant characters.

Shelton wasnt ready..But Randy Orton was...I not mad at Edge cause he's been there a while...Cena really isnt ready still isnt...They should move the Undertaker to RAW...Ill feel better...

08.jpg

"Okay, future boy whose main eventing in 2006?"

"Well Vince McMahon has been featured a lot"

"Vince McMahon?! The announcer? Hah! Whose the world champion Gordan Solie? I suppose Tony Schivonie is on a national tour as we speak!"

"If my calculations are correct...if the Undertaker main events against Great Kahli...we're gonna see some serious shit."

Guest InuYasha

Dr. Vincent Brown: What on Earth's this thing I'm wearing?

Marty McCena: Ah, this, this is a crowd-heat suit.

Dr. Emmett Brown: Crowd-heat suit? Of course, because of all the fallout from the e-fed wars.

RAW wasn't as bad as the last couple of weeks but still had some negatives. This is how I saw the show:

GOOD:

-The Shelton-Carlito match. Crowd was into it, especially the armbar spot when Benjamin used the psychology of the match and the crowd started chanting for Carlito. Finishing sequence was good and Benjamin FINALLY beat Carlito!

-I loved Edge's rant against Coach backstage when Coach was on the phone and Edge pointed at the belt and said "this is what matters! See, it spins!"

-Women's match was better than I expected and it was short but they should have the ladies learn/do more moves in matches because its like slap, push to corner, finishing sequence and little else.

-I marked out HUGE for Umaga demolishing HBK with the Samoan drop. Too bad Armando didn't get on the mic.

-Cena rant on the roster was fine by my standards but it would've been much funnier if it had been the Rock

-Tag match was fine but I REALLY hate the STFU.

BAD:

-Congrats to HHH and Stephanie for the birth of their daughter but did we have to flood the airwaves with it? Shane's kids never got the same treatment and I'm really NOT looking forward to the whole "HHH is the father OMG" angle that is going to come of this.

-HBK segment @ the beginning with Coach was absolutley pathetic and the crowd was dead for the most part.

-Tag title match was a farce. Maybe they are building up a Spirit Squad-Highlanders feud but who am I kidding, WWE creative can't write too many angles at once! Nevertheless, it was kinda cool to actually see two established (and I use that term loosely) teams fight it out for the titles for a change.

-WHY was the WWE Championship not introduced until over 30 MINUTES into the show? They should have started the night off with the Edge-Cena issue and let HBK occupy the time they came on the air instead. It's the same problem I have with TNA: When Jarrett doesn't have the belt he's still the focus and the champ is an afterthought. Same thing applies here with HHH.

-I'm really tired of the commentary and Jim Ross in particular. I found his lecture about "respect" during the course of the evening absolutley sickening. I liked Ross before he started to blatantly go out of his way to cheer his "buddies" like Austin and Foley years and years ago and now he sounds pathetic cheering on the match. It's like he's a spectator and not a professional and the CONSTANT shilling of the product reminds me of Schiavone in WCW saying that every damn broadcast was going to be "the greatest night in the history of our sport." It's way overdone and makes you want to either put the show on mute or not watch at all.

-I'm praying that Orton-Lawler isn't booked for next week but I think it's going to happen.

-Coachman vs. HBK was terrible but what can you expect. Umaga saved it.

-What a waste the Diva search is. I hate the Miz. Nuff' said on that.

Just got back from the show.

Absolutely no idea how it came off on TV, but that was freaking awesome live. Loved HBK in the opening segment... Everybody in the arena was laughing with that bit. ... Ridiculous ovation for Hogan. ... AAE didn't get any mic time, which was a downer. Looked like he went for a mic and a crew guy cut him off and told him the segment was over. Boo.

Cena was way more popular this time around than his last visit. Still an undercurrent of boos here and there, but he had probably 90 percent of the crowd on his side. Huge crowd there too. Biggest I've seen in five years.

If nothing else, tonight was a friendly reminder that these shows are way more fun when you go to be entertained and not to just critique everything you see. Believe it or not kids, being a fan doesn't mean burying your head in the sand and pretending that everything your presented with is awesome. It's OK to cheer and have fun too.

------------

On the not-so-fun side...

Victoria looked like she screwed up her leg pretty badly in a Heat match against Torrie Wilson. They cut it short after like 3 minutes, with the ref repeatedly doing the "X" sign the last half the match.

I wonder if they will do some fake lesbian tension betweem Melina and Lita

I predict that sooner than later we'll have an Edge/Lita/Nitro/Melina angle where we get video packages of them all in bed together.

Called that July 8 (below), more I thought about it though the fans might cheer for it too much and turn them faces unintentionally.

_I'd like to see them as a regular team, and not why I'd watch but it would be a chance to bring back "HLA" either implied or right there in front of everybody. To make it more out there, let the fans understand Edge and Nitro don't mind swapping their girfriends in storyline at least. Wouldn't mind seeing them wearing the tag belts, plus having the world title and intercontinental belts at the same time, with Lita and Melina both always at ringside cheating when needed, in singles or tag matches.

Heh, Lita in a 7seconds shirt is kinda cool, since in her book she talks about how they were her first favorite band, and all this other stuff about them.

Once again another reason I will always be a Lita mark.

As indication of such, I'm posting a sign I did back in '01:

amydrawweb.jpg