TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Amazing Rando

Rando Buys A House

It's been a long road these past few months. I hated being 23 and still living at home, but didn't have a nice enough job to afford moving out (i also have a fairly pricey car payment to deal with), but today it happened. I found a shithole for cheap with enough easy fixes that i won't have to dump alot of money in at the get-go to freshen it up, but will still have to save up weeks at a time and slowly eat a way at the cosmetic problems that exist (luckily it's mostly simple stuff for now, but i will have the ability to redo rooms as a whole down the line).

I will post some pics as soon as I get them. It's a really small place (i don't need much room anyway), but it has alot of storage space (including two sheds out front). All in all, I should be in the house by the end of August/beginning of September, so if i disappear for a few days, it's just until I can get phone/internet set up.

It's been a crazy last few days, and it's only going to get crazier. I'll keep the world updated.

Congrats on the house.

I had my first place at 16, and have had about 5 since then, different apartments and houses, living with my family in between 'cause of college and taking time off.

Good luck with it.

So you bought it,right?If not, get in good with your land dord now and you'll be cool.

My first picture... the outside. (I have tons more, but i'm waiting to do some before & after type shots.

house.jpg

Pay no attention to the odd reflection that is noticable in the bottom right corner, i took the picture through my car windshield.

It ran me 35 grand...which is a fucking STEAL around here. No air-conditioning, but that can be solved. The heat's fine. 5 main rooms, plus a pantry and a laundry-type room (washer/dryer included). The attic has 2/3s the floor space of the 1st floor, and could eventually be another room when I am able to put some money into it.

The outside doesn't concern me nearly as much as the inside does. I will be painting every room in the first two or three weeks that i have it, any spare time i have will probably go to working on it and cleaning it up. But it'll be worth it.

I would offer to help paint, but. You know. Four hours away.

Next time, buy a house closer to me.

Guest Princess Leena

35K? That would be cheap even in the worst areas. Do you live by a lot of blacks.

My first picture... the outside. (I have tons more, but i'm waiting to do some before & after type shots.

house.jpg

Pay no attention to the odd reflection that is noticable in the bottom right corner, i took the picture through my car windshield.

So which room is going to have the power drills and acid?

Guest Oblivious Heel
my orange Vibe and my parent's Jeep

twosheds.jpg

Your parents have a cooler vehicle then you. A Vibe? And orange? Come on, dude.

Congrats on the real estate, though. Just, let your parents help you remodel since you have bad taste in design and color.

Seems like a good deal; congrats again.

If you plan on living there for a while, don't be in a rush to "fix" everything at once. I wish other people would heed this advice, especially those currently living with me.

35K? That would be cheap even in the worst areas. Do you live by a lot of blacks.

If he does, I'm not visiting him.