TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

2006-2007 NBA Schedule releases

The Knicks should be roughly 10 games under .500 by the end of November. The only team I'm confident they can beat is Atlanta and that's a road game. They've got both games with the Spurs and Rockets that month, as well as 2 against Cleveland and Chicago, and road games at Miami, Memphis, and Denver. A good month with that schedule is 4-13. Hopefully Isiah's gone by the AS break.

March is gonna be rough for the Pacers. 10 out of 16 roadies, plus home games against Miami, Chicago, and Cleveland all in a row. And of course, the Hawks, who we failed to win a single game against last season.

But if everything goes right, our record should be pretty decent by the All-Star break. Mostly either bubble-or-non playoff teams.

They're cutting back on holiday games, too. Lakers @ Heat is the only Christmas game, and none on Thanksgiving.

The Knicks should be roughly 10 games under .500 by the end of November. The only team I'm confident they can beat is Atlanta and that's a road game. They've got both games with the Spurs and Rockets that month, as well as 2 against Cleveland and Chicago, and road games at Miami, Memphis, and Denver. A good month with that schedule is 4-13. Hopefully Isiah's gone by the AS break.

The Knicks nearly beat the Rockets twice with T-Mac. They have 12 WINNABLE games in November. Not saying they will win them, but those are games that they played tough last year, may have won, or were close to winning. I think the team will improve with Isiah, so they should be winnable. The only games that aren't winnable are against the two against the Spurs, and the one against the Heat. And maybe the second Cleveland one because its the 2nd of a back to back. Although we did beat Cleveland like twice last year (once at Cleveland).

Guest Princess Leena

Wow, the Clips got a lot of national games. Even though they had a good season, I'm quite surprised by that.

And Lakers-Heat Xmas again... sigh. I hoped LeBron would get the game instead... but, we'll get more stupid Kobe/Shaq WANT TO KILL EACH OTHER.

to my two fellow Knicks fans that have already posted...Murphy's Law says that since we all want Isiah Thomas to get booted the fuck out of New York so badly, rather than crash hard as the coach, he'll win the NBA Championship and stick around...only to somehow fuck things up again.

to my two fellow Knicks fans that have already posted...Murphy's Law says that since we all want Isiah Thomas to get booted the fuck out of New York so badly, rather than crash hard as the coach, he'll win the NBA Championship and stick around...only to somehow fuck things up again.

Murphy's Law says that he'll lead the Knicks to a mediocre 35-win season (falling just shy of the 8 seed), but since that's an improvement on last year, management will extend his welcome. Then the Knicks will move on to a couple more years of sub-30 win seasons.

And I'm sad that the Rockets aren't on the NBA's Elite National tv list this year. Not that they deserve it, but national tv is the only way I can see their games. This years list looks like:

Miami

Dallas

Phoenix

Cleveland

San Antonio

Chicago

Detroit

Both LA teams

All televised games feature a combo of those teams or a rare appearance for some peasant who is lucky enough to ride the coattails of one of them into the spotlight for a fleeting moment.

And Lakers-Heat Xmas again... sigh. I hoped LeBron would get the game instead... but, we'll get more stupid Kobe/Shaq WANT TO KILL EACH OTHER.

Seriously, now that they've kissed and made up, I don't care think they warrant a big special Christmas game. A rematch of the NBA Finals on this date would have been better.

Seriously, now that they've kissed and made up, I don't care think they warrant a big special Christmas game. A rematch of the NBA Finals on this date would have been better.

Uh, Wade, Shaq and Kobe in the same game will do a much better rating than Wade, Shaq and Dirk would have. That's basically all you need to know as to why that game is taking place. I would have gone with Miami/Cleveland myself, but I'm not calling the shots.

Guest Vitamin X
That's a lot of home games to start the season.

Yes. And a lot of road games to follow that up with (6 game road trip in December, and an 8-game road trip in late January-early February).

NY doesn't have ONE nationally televised game! Fucking NBA TV doesn't count! :angry:

We're going to be the NBA's best kept secret. :lol:

Yeah, Stern will be kicking himself when we're in first place in the Atlantic!

And add me to the people who don't care to see Shaq v. Kobe on Christmas again. They really should be showcasing LeBron and Wade, but there's like a dozen matchups that would be more interesting to me. How about Detroit v. Chicago?

Guest Felonies!

Doesn't matter how bad they are, the New York Knicks need to be on national TV.

Everyone but the Hawks, Knicks, Blazers and Raptors have at least one national game, excluding NBATV. The Raptors have nothing, period, including NBATV. Even the Bobcats got a TNT game!

At least the shitty teams are the ones that aren't getting televised. It's best that the Knicks AREN'T on National TV, because then we'd all be hearing more about how much they fucking suck.

The Knicks will be competitive this year, mark my words

I don't understand leaving Atlanta and Toronto off TV. Chris Bosh is supposed to be one of the bright young stars in the league, they have the #1 pick, and golden boy Colangelo putting together an international style team. I thought Stern would be all over that shit. And Atlanta is stacked with exciting young players, WTF!?

You know, there's really no reason why every team couldn't have at least one national tv game when an average of 6 games a week are shown every week for 5 1/2 months. I know some teams are more marketable and there is a business side to things, but I'd really like a chance to see every team play at least once (especially since NBA league pass isn't an option at school). Would it really hurt to stick Toronto, Atlanta, and Portland in one of those 10:30 spots just once?

What annoys me the most is that we'll get Miami, San Antonio, Phoenix and Dallas to the point of burnout. I got so sick of seeing some combination of those teams every single week last year.

Guest Felonies!

There's always an inordinate number of Golden State Warriors games on national TV. I'd endorse scaling some of those, since Golden State is basically the new LA Clippers, but they need those West Coast games for doubleheaders.

Hell, the Blazers have one of the youngest and most exciting lineups in the league. Josh Smith is a walking highlight film in Atlanta, and though atlanta lost alot last year, most of their games were really really close (thus good).

I am with you guys. No reason every team shouldn't have some televised game.

And the NBA is wondering why ratings are dropping. There used to be the Tuesday Wed, Thursday of double headers(thats 6 games on weekdays) plus regional coverage, plus two games on sundays. Now you are lucky to get 3-4 games a week.

The Hawks, Knicks and Blazers are also three teams that are notoriously horribly run. I'm not saying they shouldn't have national games, because I think they should, nor am I trying to start conspiracy theories, but that may have played into it a bit on the league's part, as possibly an "FU" to the front offices.

I am fine with the Hawks getting a snub. i get to see all their games anyway...and I am getting season tickets. And I work for the company that owns the arena so I will be in the box seats for quite alot of games.

The Hawks, Knicks and Blazers are also three teams that are notoriously horribly run. I'm not saying they shouldn't have national games, because I think they should, nor am I trying to start conspiracy theories, but that may have played into it a bit on the league's part, as possibly an "FU" to the front offices.

Oh, that's definitely part of it, but still, Stern's petty beefs (and hog riding of certain teams) doesn't impress me.

I'm not even saying this as just a Knicks fan, I'd like to see a variety of games on TV. Honestly, from a marketing standpoint, I think it's bad business to overexpose the 'premier' teams during the regular season. Give them time, for sure, but I know a lot of people who weren't all that into the playoffs because those teams had been on every week since november, the NBA burned em out. I'm a huge basketball fan and even I got sick of watching Phoenix/Dallas/Miami every single week. There's so many good matchups that don't get shown on national TV, just so we can see office approved teams. I'd rather see something like Grizzlies/Clippers or Nets/Bulls than Suns/Kings or whatever.

And another issue I have is that they don't have a lot of flexibility in the televised games. That's something the NFL did right in the last TV contract, they made it flexibile so that the best games in the second half would get on TV, they switch around the MNF games to get the best matchups instead of having some shitty game between two non-contenders that nobody cared about. The NBA setup is so rigid, like a couple years ago when Seattle was having a great year they were never on TV.....as a fan it sucks