TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

X3: Last Stand DVD Details and Covers

Info From Here

DVD Details: Standard Edition

# Full Screen Feature / Widescreen Feature

# Director & Writer Commentary by Brett Ratner, Zack Penn, and Simon Kinberg.

# Producer Commentary by Avi Arad, Lauren Shuler Donner, and Ralph Winter

# Deleted & Extended Scenes (with optional commentary by Brett Ratner, Simon Kinberg, and Zak Penn) and a Play All Button

# 3 Alternate Endings

# 2 Menu Sets: X-Men and Brotherhood

# Inside Look- A Night at the Museum

# The World of Marvel Trailers- Daredevil, Elektra, and Fantastic Four

# Forced Trailers- Ice Age:The Meltdown, Thank You for Smoking, and The Omen

# Trailers- 24 Season 5, The Simpsons Movie, and Behind Enemy Lines II: Axis of Evil

19572.jpg

DVD Details: Collector's Edition

Includes an exclusive commemorative book featuring an all-new story penned by Stan Lee- Plus! 3 reprints of Stan Lee's favorite X-Men comics all included in a 100 page book

# Full Screen Feature / Widescreen Feature

# Director & Writer Commentary by Brett Ratner, Zack Penn, and Simon Kinberg.

# Producer Commentary by Avi Arad, Lauren Shuler Donner, and Ralph Winter

# Deleted & Extended Scenes (with optional commentary by Brett Ratner, Simon Kinberg, and Zak Penn) and a Play All Button

# 3 Alternate Endings

# 2 Menu Sets: X-Men and Brotherhood

# Inside Look- A Night at the Museum

# The World of Marvel Trailers- Daredevil, Elektra, and Fantastic Four

# Forced Trailers- Ice Age:The Meltdown, Thank You for Smoking, and The Omen

# Trailers- 24 Season 5, The Simpsons Movie, and Behind Enemy Lines II: Axis of Evil

19573.jpg

I hope the deleted scenes include the OMGSOOPERSECRETREGIONSPECIFICENDINGS!

Good to seeya post again, Yuna.

And I see WB going with their usual "okay, so our movie sucked...let's give it a FRIGGIN STACKED DVD SET! 2 DISCS! EXTENDED AND DELETED SCENES! COMMENTARY! YOUR OWN SET OF ADAMANTIUM CLAWS!" positioning.

Forced trailers are ghey x3

Eh, the movie wasn't THAT bad, just didn't hold a candle... or any other slightly flame like object to the first two.

I liked it and I really like them doing the full frame and widescreen in the same DVD. My fiancee just doesn't like wide screen on a small tv, she says once we can get a wide screen tv then she'll like it but not right now. Don't blame her, kinda sucks on a small one.

And I see WB going with their usual "okay, so our movie sucked...let's give it a FRIGGIN STACKED DVD SET! 2 DISCS! EXTENDED AND DELETED SCENES! COMMENTARY! YOUR OWN SET OF ADAMANTIUM CLAWS!" positioning.

-waves- Awww... I didn't know I was missed. ^.^

Yeah, the extras on the disc are, like, their last ditch effort to make any money. Let's throw it all out there! Then again, this guarantees that there won't be a Super Special Collector's Director's Pyro-Wearing-Nothing-but-a-Pretty-Bow kind of editions later on down the line. At least, I hope so.

Just give it a couple of years for the X-Men 3.5 DVD. I have to admit though that's a bad ass looking cover. Maybe one of the alternate endings will actually be better than the final ending.

-waves- Awww... I didn't know I was missed. ^.^

Yeah, the extras on the disc are, like, their last ditch effort to make any money. Let's throw it all out there! Then again, this guarantees that there won't be a Super Special Collector's Director's Pyro-Wearing-Nothing-but-a-Pretty-Bow kind of editions later on down the line. At least, I hope so.

I'd say so. WB threw out a bare bones Batman Begins right away.

Crap? They go balls out right away to sweeten the deal. Stuff like AVP got the suped up edition too. Of course, it isn't just WB. Sony had their "special edition" Resident Evil Apocalypse (only edition, unless you could the UMD one).

I wouldn't rule out an X-trilogy pack come X4 or one of the spinoffs, but it may be just the same disc/set thrown into a new package.

Guest Askewniverse

20th Century Fox, not Warner Brothers. WB usually sticks to DC properties.

WB is pretty good with their DVD releases. They usually release the single disc version and two-disc set at the same time.

I liked it and I really like them doing the full frame and widescreen in the same DVD. My fiancee just doesn't like wide screen on a small tv, she says once we can get a wide screen tv then she'll like it but not right now. Don't blame her, kinda sucks on a small one.

The full screen and widescreen versions are going to be sold separately.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#xspec

http://www.davisdvd.com/news/news.html

I hate it when studios put FS and WS on the same DVD. It wastes disc space that could be used for something more important, such as better picture quality, a DTS track, more extras, etc.

I think it's pretty much a given that Fox will release a 2-disc set later on down the line. Region 2 is getting a 2-disc set.

20th Century Fox, not Warner Brothers. WB usually sticks to DC properties.

Thanks, I was thinking Fox but typed WB. I know Fox also was responsible for AVP and gave it the same treatment.

X3 didn't suck. It was fun and at the end I was sad to see the franchise go.

Magneto's helmet looks like the comic book helmet on that package. They recolored it for some reason on the art, it was a much darker maroon in the films.

I have to admit I had no problem with this movie. Oh no, Phoenix didn't have the same origins as the comic, GET THE FUCK OVER IT! When Jean cranked-up her powers, you knew shit was about to happen. Famke portrayed her psychopath character very well. I can't wait for this DVD.

I've been reading the comics since I was lik, 4 years old, so like 19 years now. I've taken a couple years off here and there, same as with wrestling, but when I come back I always get caught before I start into the monthly books.

That said, The X-Men books change so goddamn much that if the movies tried to addapt them word for word, panel for panel, then it would be a huge mess and suck ass.

I loved all the X-Men flicks, this coming from somebody who goes by the comics, but still likes both toons. If it's done well, and if it's actually about the X-Men, and not some other shit with an X-Label, then I dig it.

I have to admit I had no problem with this movie. Oh no, Phoenix didn't have the same origins as the comic, GET THE FUCK OVER IT! When Jean cranked-up her powers, you knew shit was about to happen. Famke portrayed her psychopath character very well. I can't wait for this DVD.

I don't think anyone has yet to mention the comic books. The movie sucks for many other different reasons. One of which is the Phoenix, regardless of how faithful or unfaithful to the comics, is still major fanservice. She should've remained dead, in my opinion, as the Cure storyline was more than enough for the movie. It would've been better to see Scott less emo, too; show him distraught over her death by fucking up in training and battles and what not, possibly even turn to Magneto's side in the end. Since X4 is all but confirmed now, the Phoenix should've waited.

I love how they put Angel in a uniform like he's even halfway important in the movie.

That's what I was thinking. Why not put Beast on the cover? I mean he

was the one who stabbed Magneto with the cure

and he's featured more prominently throughout the movie. Meanwhile, Angel is only in the movie for a total of five minutes.

I love how they put Angel in a uniform like he's even halfway important in the movie.

I hope they put Ian's X-3bumpers from the Fox showing of X-2 where he'd hype up the different mutants debuting in this movie.

The one where he called Angel a killing machine and made him sound like a *major* part of the story was terribly funny.

I can say it wasn't fucking awful because I wasn't going in to this expecting an oscar-caliber film. I just wanted to see a super hero film, and have a good time, and I got what I paid for. I had been waiting for 3 years for Phoenix to make her film debut and fuck some shit up, and thats just what we got. Everyone, even Magneto was terrified of her because of how ungodly powerful she was. The only thing about this movie that I didn't like, and only because it had never been brought up in the other films, was "classing" the mutants. I believe Magneto and Charles were supposed to be ''Class 5", and Jean was supposed to be one step above them without the metal blocks that Charles placed on her mind as a child.

The Phoenix storyline in the comics sucks ass and is the most overhyped and overrated comic story ever. The movie version, I thought, made sense and was very good.

It's Claremont and shitty 70's Star Wars space alien battles. And the ending and what came about of it were so lame. Ultimate X-Men is currently working a much better story.

Everyone, even Magneto was terrified of her because of how ungodly powerful she was.

Then how come she just sides with Magneto and then doesn't do *anything* for like, half an hour? That's what bugged me the most; she's supposed to be so powerful, yet it seemed like there was a while in there that she didn't do a damned thing.

This movie would've been 10X better if they left the Cure out, just went with the Phoenix, and then in X4 brought in the Cure as the public's reaction to the Phoenix. You mean Mutants can get THAT powerful? Better cure 'em.