TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

ECW House Show Report

Joey Styles was the guest ring announcer/timekeeper.

FBI beat Newkirk/O'Reilly. Standard basic tag match. Guido was way over. Mamaluke played face-in-peril. Basic match, but it got the crowd going.

Danny Doring came out and asked the crowd if they liked the new ECW. The crowd booed.

Balls Mahoney beat Danny Doring. This match was awful. Doring stalled for much of the match and Balls Mahoney is terrible. He did the balls punch sequence about one too many times, and the crowd stopped caring. After what seemed like 10 hours, Balls got the win.

Kevin Thorn beat Steven Richards. Stevie was pretty over, and he made a cross with his fingers that Thorn sold. Ariel used her crotch to distract Richards at one point. It was hot. She distracted Richards and Thorn got the win. He didn't use the crucifix bomb, which sucked. The match was horrible as well.

They did the best body deal with Francine v. Kelly Kelly. Kelly looked hot, Francine...not so much. Francine won, Kelly Kelly attacked her, which caused Joey to yell: CATFIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. Knox came out and tossed out Francine. Then Sandman came out.

This led to....

Sandman v. Knox- Test interfered in about 10 seconds and Dreamer ran out.

Dreamer cut a promo talking about how he saw his first match at the County Center and talked about his dad who died this year. He dedicated the next match to his dad which was....

Test/Knox beat Dreamer/Sandman in an Extreme Rules match

This was a fun match that the crowd was into. Sandman caned Knox to the back. They did the spot where Kelly ends up in the ring with Dreamer. He went to piledrive her but she gave him a low blow.

Beulah ran in and took her out. Paul Heyman ran in and took out Beulah. Dreamer DDTed Heyman. Test then booted Dreamer for him.

Dude lost a match that he dedicated to his dad.

After intermission we had...

CM Punk beat Rene Dupree. Punk got a huge pop and was very over. Dupree got lots of heel heat. They wrestled a generic indy match at first, but it turned into a pretty decent match. Dupree did the French Tickler, and the crowd chanted for a Pepsi Plunge. Really good finishing sequence and Punk won with the Vice.

RVD beat Angle. Great match, easily MOTN. Both guys were insanely over and got dueling chants. There was a Bukkake Me RVD sign with stains on it. They did a spot where Angle countered the step-over kick with a sick German. This was such a good match and RVD won with the Frog Splash. Angle had to be helped to the back.

Show beat Sabu. This was Extreme Rules. This was a fun match, and Show took a lot of chair punishment for a house show. He also did a lot of playing to the crowd. Sabu did all his signature spots, and even sent Show into a table. The finish came when Show countered a Sabu move and chokeslammed through a table.

The crowd then showered the ring with cups and bottles. None actually hit Show, but one did hit Sabu.

The first three matches were terrible, but I really enjoyed the second half, especially Angle v. RVD. And it was fun seeing Punk again.

But I never want to see Balls Mahoney in a non-hardcore match again.

They announced that at the 9/11 MSG RAW, there will be an ECW taping.

While the crowd wasn't as vocal as the Hammerstein, I liked this show better then that show. After going to marathon length ROH shows, it was nice getting out before 10.

I am intrigued that they are mixing up the finishes on these RVD/Angle house show matches. I wonder why promotions don't do this more often? Let each guy get some wins so you don't look at house show results and know immediately that the next show will have the same results.

This was a fun match that the crowd was into. Sandman caned Knox to the back. They did the spot where Kelly ends up in the ring with Dreamer. He went to piledrive her but she gave him a low blow.

Beulah ran in and took her out. Paul Heyman ran in and took out Beulah. Dreamer DDTed Heyman. Test then booted Dreamer for him.

At a house show. That's just cold man, way too cold.

Sometimes you just gotta feel for Dreamer. It isn't like Sandman needed to be protected on a house show.

More info on the RVD/Angle match from insidepulse.com:

"In the Kurt Angle vs. RVD match, with RVD on the turnbuckle, Kurt went to do the pop-up suplex, slipped on the ropes and got crotched on the second and third ropes, likely injuring his groin and/or hamstring. They went right to the finish, and then he was helped to the back by three refs."

You know, from these past few ECW house shows Angle seems like he is really out of it. As in he has no business being out there right now. First he damn near kills RVD by dropping him on his head, now it seems like he may have hurt himself.

They covered it pretty well though.

If Angle got hurt again, they really need to retire him. And if he refuses, then fire him. It would look really bad, especially after Eddie's death, if something serious happened to him on their watch

Sometimes you just gotta feel for Dreamer. It isn't like Sandman needed to be protected on a house show.

No one needs protecting at a house show. Unless you have a belt, it's a house show, protecting shouldn't even come up.

If Angle got hurt again, they really need to retire him. And if he refuses, then fire him. It would look really bad, especially after Eddie's death, if something serious happened to him on their watch

They can't fire him because he'd just go to TNA or anyother promotion and kill himself there. They need to bench him for awhile, get a field of shrinks to get into his head before even considering putting him back into the ring.

Angle has always had this unhealthy drive even before WWE came along and he needs to get that out of his system.

Guest wildpegasus

They can't fire him because he'd just go to TNA or anyother promotion and kill himself there. They need to bench him for awhile, get a field of shrinks to get into his head before even considering putting him back into the ring.

Angle has always had this unhealthy drive even before WWE came along and he needs to get that out of his system.

I don't think it'll ever be out of his system. It's just the way he operates and the way he is. The first time I read that training routine of his for the Olympics I predicted this would happen with Angle.

You could be right about the WWE not being able to fire Angle. He'd likely just go somewhere else so what can one do about the situation? It's a tough one and something that has to be thought out thoroughly.

I wanted to go to the show of course. But I just got that job at Circuit City last and I had to work (plus as it turns out so did my dad who was going to go with me, good thing I didnt buy tix previously)

sounds like I didn't miss much

Poor Tommy. My hometown guy couldnt even win in his area

No one needs protecting at a house show. Unless you have a belt, it's a house show, protecting shouldn't even come up.

Then why do they feel the need to protect Test and the Other Down Syndrome Hoss on a house show?

Yeah, but i never remeber this much abuse (apart from the sandman canning). Maybe i fazed it out of my memory.

Still, cant the guy catch a break?

Loosing a match dedicated to your dead dad in the building you first wrestled in, at a fucking house show, is fucked.

That's not keeping with a gimmick, that's being a dick to someone.

Loosing a match dedicated to your dead dad in the building you first wrestled in, at a fucking house show, is fucked.

That's not keeping with a gimmick, that's being a dick to someone.

yea wwe seems to do that a lot, almost as if they dont want to be predictable.

like saying to a guy "hey its your hometown, YOU JOB NOW!!!!"

as for tommy, he is a nice guy who doesnt mind putting over everybody

and now WWE is intent on pushing Test and Knox and all the new ecw guys over the old ones (which is why guys like Justin, Stevie, Dreamer, etc are jobbing like crazy"

Thoughts: With Dreamer getting (kayfabe) buried by Heyman online and on TV, having YET to win a match, and getting beat and nearly every house show, is it possible the eventual payoff could be a Mikey Whipwreck-esque angle in which Dreamer finally wins some huge match after being labeled a guy who can't win anymore?

I don't think it could be that good against someone like Knox or Test.

Nonsense. Raven and Dreamer weren't the best wrestling matches or even brawls(some were just trash) but the crowd brought into it because of the story. Dreamer has always required a good story behind the match or a really sick brawl to make a match work. Test is actually a good heel and if they keep building this storyline with Dreamer beating the odds, it can make for a good moment.

With stories designed like this, good workrate is not important. It's about storytelling and Dreamer is a great performer in that field.

Guest NYankees

DAMN I cant believe Bob Barron was in White Plains NY right near Central Ave.

Dobt wanna start a thread for my lowly house show but:

Balls Mahoney def Rene Dupree - Dupree got on the mic and has like no accent. Balls apparently was allowed to wrestle in MD again. Balls won, I dont remember how.

FBI beat Newkirk/O'Reilly..same as usual..

Kurt Angle def Danny Doring via anklelock in about 5 seconds. Doring came out and said how he created ECW and everyone should line up at the door and kiss his feet. Angle was in and out in about a minute.

Vixen thing between Francine and Kelly ^2 led to Sandman/Dreamer def Test/Knox. Test and Knox played the coward heels and didn't wanna wrestle. Test was actually a complete asshole to crowd getting in a little kids face and everything. Sandman actually had his beer which I was surprised at as well since alcohol is banned at the arena.

CM Punk def Stevie Richards with his sumbission. No one here liked CM Punk, lots of boring chants..although there were a few that actually knew CM Punk and tried to rile up support. Stevie after the match got the ref to say "dont worry Steven Richards will be fine which" because he couldnt talk, which got a good applause.

Surprise of the Evening! RVD def Kevin Thorn with the 5 Star Frogsplash.

RVD did a little cross with his fingers and played that up a lot. Lots of "You still suck" chants towards Thorn. RVD actually blocked the Razors Edge and eventually hit the 5 star.

Big Show def Sabu in an Extreme Rules match with a chokeslam through a table. Sabu got a lot of offense in early with a chair and put Show through a table in the corner, but he brought out a second table and got chokeslamed through it.

OVerall..I was suprised at RVD vs Thorn and the outcome. Balls being there was surprising although I guess it shouldnt have been that much of a shock.

Oh, and I got a big high 5 from RVD and I think he bruised my hand.

It's probably a good idea to break up RVD/Angle for a while. Those guys were flat out killing each other on house shows. Save it.

Why would you be shocked that RVD would own Kevin Thorn?