TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

Tyrannosaurs in F-14s!!

Regarding Dinosaurs: The ceratopsians were always my favorite. The triceratops was first followed by the styracosaurus and then the monoclonius. Even though the protoceratops had no horns, they just looked like they could tear some shit up.

Regarding Calvin comics: The one I always seem to remember is when he wants to get some money from his mom and ends up asking for soap to write "4 Sale Cheap" on the family car.

Goth girls are like many other niche looks. If it works, it works, but if it doesn't, then you have a hard time not laughing or throwing up. A common example for everyone would be all the girls that dress in slutty costumes at Halloween.

Most goth girls are fat and disgusting, this isn't news.

And I wanted to turn this into a C & H thread but I got distracted by real life. Have I mentioned before that I cannot even think of the final strip without getting choked up?

Calvin and Hobbes is so great.

I think my favorite is the one where Calvin builds a snowman called something like "The agony of existance weighed against the horror of nonbeing". I thought that was the best thing I ever saw when I was little.

angie26kathy2---1.jpg

I Wanna Be Your Lard Machine

Most goth girls are fat and disgusting, this isn't news.

And I wanted to turn this into a C & H thread but I got distracted by real life. Have I mentioned before that I cannot even think of the final strip without getting choked up?

Which one is this? I've got quite a few C&H collections, including the 10th anniversery one. Did Watterson put more out after?

The last strip is the one that ends with "It's a magical world out there Hobbes....Let's go exploring!" and they ride their sled off into the distance.

It's in the collection titled "It's a Magical World", I do believe.

Guest Vitamin X

Erm, this is the final strip:

calvin_hobbes.jpg

But I think he's referencing to one where Hobbes is no longer around, or something?

Calvin and Hobbes is so great.

I think my favorite is the one where Calvin builds a snowman called something like "The agony of existance weighed against the horror of nonbeing". I thought that was the best thing I ever saw when I was little.

I couldn't find it on the site I was using for the others (I found the date of the strip, but the site brings up a different one), so I scanned it from "There's Treasure Everywhere".

chtorment.jpg

Calvin and Hobbes is the only comic I have a collection of. I got I believe all of the books for them. They are much more different that average comics, and that's what I like about em. My favorite series of comics from there was when Calvin ended up making multiple copies of himself with the cardbord box. Great stuff. My favorite single comic has to be Calvin bringing a bowl of tapioca to the TV as a sacrifice. Just brilliant stuff.

My favorite was the one where Calvin's dad tricks him into eating his dinner.

"Good idea. It will turn you into a mutant if you eat it."

I find that strip especially funny after reading that it was basically Waterson's arguments with the syndicate over liscencing.

"SOMETIMES THAT'S JUST THE WAY THINGS ARE!"

I think my favourite is the one where he's asking his mother when she's going shopping again, and when she asks why, he walks in the room with a football helmet on and two pillows tied around himself, and says "We seem to be out of gunpowder".

"I didn't even do anything yet!"

I enjoyed the one where Calvin's dad comes home to find snowmen laying dead on the ground, other holding their stick-hands to the mouth in a vomit pose.

Dad: Eggplant casserole tonight?

Mom: Why yes.

for some reason, I can't help laughing at any of the ones where Calvin yells really loud. It doesn't matter what the context is, him yelling is hilarious to me. Particularly the one where he yells "BUT I'M HUNGRY NOW! I WANNA EAT!" or something to that effect

One of my favorites is Calvin yelling NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for most of the panels as his mom is getting him ready for a bath and him fighting tooth and nail against it. The final panel he's sitting in the tub and says, "They can make me do it, but they can't make me do it with dignity."

I read that like 5 seconds before meeting this girl I was dating's parents so their first impression of me was stopping milk from coming out my nose and laughing at Calvin and Hobbes.

I need to get the complete C&H collection. I've been putting that off since it came out. Same with Far Side.

While reading the Wikipedia entry for C&H, I found an interview with Waterson, complete with this gem

Q: What led you to resist merchandising Calvin and Hobbes?

A: For starters, I clearly miscalculated how popular it would be to show Calvin urinating on a Ford logo...

Guest CWMwasmurdered

I had the complete Calvin and Hobbes on the comp but I think I lost it. I need to find it again.