TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

oAo ECW on Sci-Fi Week 12 Thread - 8/29/2006

Tuesday night, Paul Heyman will be stepping into the lions’ den. After weeks of trying to keep Sabu out of the ring with ECW World Champion Big Show, it is now Heyman who will do battle with the Suicidal, Homicidal, Genocidal Extremist. But this won’t just be any match; this will be Sabu’s specialty, an Extreme Rules Match.

So, if Heyman has tried to keep his champion away from Sabu, why would he step into the ring himself? For ECW’s self-proclaimed Messiah, it’s simply a matter of righting his own wrong.

“This entire situation with Sabu is my fault…I am man enough to take care of the problem that I should have nipped in the bud to begin with,” Heyman told ECW.com. “It was a mistake to bring back Sabu; it was a mistake to renew my relationship with this man. He is my creation; Sabu was a freak show in Japan, carved up by barbed wire…the epitome of a garbage wrestler when I risked everything in September 1993 to bring him into ECW and build the company around him. I risked our launch, I risked my fortune, I risked the entire concept of ECW on my belief in Sabu, and he owes me for that.”

In fact, Heyman considers himself like Dr. Frankenstein, who must destroy the monster he has created.

“I made Sabu a worldwide commodity known across the globe, famous beyond his wildest imagination. But instead of being grateful and appreciative of me and supporting Big Show’s reign, Sabu had to come at me with his selfishness,” Heyman screamed. “Well he’s my monster, and Dr. Frankenstein has to be the one to slay his own monster. I have no other choice as a man but to step into the ring and take care of a mistake that I clearly made several months ago when I brought Sabu back into global prominence.”

Regardless of his bravado, Heyman has to be afraid of what might happen to him; if he feared for the 7-foot, 507-pound Big Show’s safety, his own could be in severe jeopardy. However, he told ECW.com that he hopes the ends will justify the means.

“I am a martyr. I have bled for ECW, I have damn near died for ECW…and if that’s what it takes to rid ECW of Sabu, then I will lay my life on the line for the promotion that has resurrected from the ashes named Extreme Championship Wrestling.”

Sabu, on the other hand, is salivating at the opportunity to get Heyman into the ring, and said that everything Heyman had to say was false.

“F*ck Paul Heyman! This is what he wants, this is what he gets. He thinks he’s going to step into the ring with me? Is he joking?” Sabu screamed. “I am Sabu. Paul Heyman didn’t make me; my uncle trained me, and I made my own sacrifices. I never asked anyone in the audience to accept me; I earned their respect, and I earned my relationship with the ECW fans because I made my sacrifices. I’m proud of my scars; every scar on my body is a badge of honor. Heyman didn’t make me, the ECW audience did. And if Heyman wants to step into the ring with me, I am going to deliver a beating to Paul Heyman. A merciless, extreme beating like he has never suffered in his life. I’m going to make him suffer.”

It’s obvious that Sabu is looking forward to this match, but oddly, it seems that Heyman is as well. In nearly a decade of being associated with ECW, Paul Heyman has never stepped inside the ring. There’s a first time for everything…but will Paul Heyman survive?

This is not a personal shot at you, but I am getting a bit tired of these OAO threads popping up so early just so the topic starter can "break the news" when a match is announced. Raw hasn't even BEGUN and we already have a thread for an hour TV show happening the next day.

Allow me to restate what I just told you on IRC, just to clarify for all:

Yes, it's probably fair to start one when WWE.com announces a match, especially if it's about 24 hours before the show. Like I said, this was not a shot at YOU, but the practice in general, as it can sometimes be out of hand. An example would be if tomorrow's ECW show announces a main event of, say, RVD and Sabu vs Heyman and Big Show for September 5th, Spoonbutter Toasterman will probably have the OAO thread up by Friday. I also think we are well past the point where we should brand the ECW shows by their week.

Rant aside... hey, how about that Sabu/Heyman announced match? Gotta figure it's just a backdrop for something else.

I'm gonna go ahead and start the OAO Wrestlemania 23 thread.

HHH wins

You know, I knew that was coming when I saw the yellow spoiler tag.

That's a funny joke and all, but you realize that he's jobbed at the past three Wrestemanias right?

I'm gonna go ahead and start the OAO Wrestlemania 23 thread.

HHH wins

You know, I knew that was coming when I saw the yellow spoiler tag.

That's a funny joke and all, but you realize that he's jobbed at the past three Wrestemanias right?

its the setup for the total complete burial of the champion

Sabu vs. Paul Heyman - Extreme Rules......?

Maybe we get run-ins from Big Show and RVD, which leads to RVD/Big Show fuel getting rekindled which means we can't have RVD win the belt soon enough.......god speed RVD, god speed.

This is weird. I am not badmouthing it because I have to assume this is leading to something else that involves Heyman only minimally at a physical level.

After tonight's Raw why do I have a sick feeling this crap with DX will spill over onto ECW? God I hope not. I actually don't think it will, since we all know HHH doesn't work Tuesdays.

Let's not kid ourselves about RVD though. He's getting the title back at Dec. to Dismember and not a second earlier.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
An example would be if tomorrow's ECW show announces a main event of, say, RVD and Sabu vs Heyman and Big Show for September 5th, Spoonbutter Toasterman will probably have the OAO thread up by Friday.

I don't start threads for Raw/Smackdown/ECW more than a day before the show airs.

And UseTheSledgehammerUh feels the need to make other threads look stupid because somehow he thinks he has a say in the matter due to the boner he gets from having some of his threads stickied. Go back to being banned, troll.

Man UTSU, you hadn't taken cheap shot at S_D since being unbanned. Seriously, where the hell was the comment even from, UTSU? Sure I did some ranting about threads being started early, but S_D backed up his reasons and Linday Lohan mark there claims he's never started a show thread more than a day early, so clearly I was ranting about nothing (or someone else and I can't think of who). So basically, you picked a meaningful thread to point out past meaningless for no apparent reason. Brilliant. Anyway...

Yes, with Heyman "wrestling", you would naturally assume the Big Show will be the one really involved. I don't really care if this causes a DX crossover because frankly this was revealed as ECW-INO 12 weeks ago, but it would be uncessary. Maybe we'll finally get the reveal of security being the Bashams instead.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

The match will start at 10:55pm, Sabu will take down Heyman, Show will run in and ChokeSlam Sabu, DX makes their "ECW" debut and attack Show. Heyman will eat a Sweet Chin Music and/or Pedigree, and then get pinned by Sabu.

The match will start at 10:55pm, Sabu will take down Heyman, Show will run in and ChokeSlam Sabu, DX makes their "ECW" debut and attack Show. Heyman will eat a Sweet Chin Music and/or Pedigree, and then get pinned by Sabu.

Somehow, this will lead to Dreamer/RVD/Sabu/Sandman vs Holly/Knox/Show/Test.

Somehow, I think you're both probably right.

Why do they still bother booking these stupid "badass wrestler vs. pussy nonwrestler" matches? They only ever have two possible outcomes: either the wrestler quickly trashes and pins the nonwrestler in about a minute (see most Coachman and Bischoff matches over the past few years) or there's the inevitable run-in by whoever the wrestler is currently feuding with and the whole thing was just a scam. Neither one of them is ever satisfying, because we never get anything resembling a real match.

--The Sabu vs. Paul Heyman main event tonight on ECW was a change made yesterday by Vince McMahon. The original show was thrown out yesterday by McMahon on the guise they needed something stronger for ratings tonight. The feeling was last night's Raw, because it was on Sci-Fi and not USA, was going to do 25% less viewers, so ECW would have less people being directed to watch Sci-Fi and thus needed a more enticing then usual match.

An example would be if tomorrow's ECW show announces a main event of, say, RVD and Sabu vs Heyman and Big Show for September 5th, Spoonbutter Toasterman will probably have the OAO thread up by Friday.

I don't start threads for Raw/Smackdown/ECW more than a day before the show airs.

You started the OAO ECW Week 10 thread on August 10, 2006. The show was on August 15, 2006. I think that is about five days.

The search function is awesome, just saying. Then again it was only two weeks ago.

--The Sabu vs. Paul Heyman main event tonight on ECW was a change made yesterday by Vince McMahon. The original show was thrown out yesterday by McMahon on the guise they needed something stronger for ratings tonight. The feeling was last night's Raw, because it was on Sci-Fi and not USA, was going to do 25% less viewers, so ECW would have less people being directed to watch Sci-Fi and thus needed a more enticing then usual match.

That logic is fine, except when did Paul Heyman v. Sabu become an enticing match?!

So if Heyman vs Sabu is a change, what was the plan before hand?

I don't think people want to see that at all.

One of the few things ECW has going for itself is the decent main events.

Fine, but Vince's thought process is people do. I guess we will see.

Guest Kobe24KGold

So if Heyman vs Sabu is a change, what was the plan before hand?

Probably Sabu & RVD vs. Show & Holly

I don't think people want to see that at all.

One of the few things ECW has going for itself is the decent main events.

The character development of people such as Punk among others is pretty much the only consistant good quality from ECW, since the main events are about 45% in succeding in being worthwhile. Granted, 45% is a good stage as compared to Raw, which is floating somewhere in the low teens.

What an awesome username. Your 693 posts in, and I've never noticed you until now.

Hey, many can say that about me too.