TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruiserKC

New Music Game

Thought I'd make this a bit more challenging...it's easy to do covers...but I'm interested to see what song titles are out there with two different songs.

I'll start with two...

"Crazy"-Gnarls Barkley

"Crazy"-Patsy Cline

"California Girls"-Beach Boys and David Lee Roth

"California Girls"-Gretchen Wilson

Guest Felonies!
List Threads > Zeppellin/Zappa threads

Yeah, why discuss music when you can just regurgitate data and not interact with other people?

Guest NYankees
This will take the prize for worst song mentioned:

Photograph by Nickelback

Photograph by Def Leppard

I think Nickelback will take the prize for worst group mentioned.

Guest Felonies!

I don't despise them, they're fun now and then, but it seems like sometimes we reach a list thread critical mass, and there's no real dialogue, just data.

This will take the prize for worst song mentioned:

Photograph by Nickelback

Photograph by Def Leppard

I think Nickelback will take the prize for worst group mentioned.

I dont know about that, man. Like a bisexual, that could go both ways.

Guest Felonies!

Well as long as that happens, it's fine. With this, I don't know where you really run with anything. Okay, Def Leppard and Nickelback both have a song called "Photograph." And?

So does Weezer! And really, how many songs out there are called "Crazy?" allmusic lists 994 occurences; a lot of those are repeats, sure, but we'll be generous and say six hundred of those are duplicates. That would still leave you with 394 different songs called "Crazy."

Guest Felonies!

There are a lot of songs called "One." I never liked U2's. Why is this considered one of their greatest songs? It just feels like a Joshua Tree outtake.

Because U2 are an incredibly overrated band that have been raised above the "above-average" banner thanks to Bono's charitable and political work and the fact that, for a while, it was hard to find somebody that didn't at least like U2. Now that their songs - whatever repulsive tripe they put out this year - are played ad-nauseum, it's had an adverse effect on the formerly "untouchable" quality of their prior recordings, causing more and more people to be disenfranchised with the Irish quartet.

Either that, or because most U2 fans are sheep and will call their albums tremendous without really ever having listened to any of them.

Oh...and to actually stay on-topic...

"Push It" - Garbage

"Push It" - Static-X

You know...Static-X never got the love they deserved. Maybe it's because their 3rd and 4th albums sucked major ass, or maybe it's because they were semi-popular during nu-metal's short-lived reign at the top of the charts (well, at least when nu-metal was actually NEW and wasn't fully commercialized yet into the Lamb of God/Linkin Park/Evanescense/etc. sound we have today), but Wisconsin Death Trip is still a listen. "Push It" and "Bled For Days" are just really good heavy songs, be they metal or rock or industrial or whatever one could classify them as. In fact...I'm gonna go grab that CD and listen to it right now.

Beautiful - Christina Aguilera, Snoop Dogg

Candy Girl - Four Seasons, New Edition

Forever - Kiss, Kid Rock

Heartbreak Hotel - Elvis Presley, Whitney Houston

Hero - Chad Kroeger, Enrique Iglesias, Mariah Carey

How Deep is Your Love - Bee Gees, Dru Hill

Poison - Alice Cooper, Bell Biv DeVoe

Shout - Isley Brothers, Tears for Fears

Somebody to Love - Jefferson Airplane, Queen

Thank You - Boyz II Men, Alanis Morissette

The Power of Love - Huey Lewis & the News, Celine Dion

Time - Pink Floyd, Hootie & the Blowfish

Wild Thing - Troggs, Tone Loc (and Sam Kinison, if he counts)

Guest Felonies!
Because U2 are an incredibly overrated band that have been raised above the "above-average" banner thanks to Bono's charitable and political work and the fact that, for a while, it was hard to find somebody that didn't at least like U2. Now that their songs - whatever repulsive tripe they put out this year - are played ad-nauseum, it's had an adverse effect on the formerly "untouchable" quality of their prior recordings, causing more and more people to be disenfranchised with the Irish quartet.

I don't know about that, but good theory nonetheless. I'm as sick of "Vertigo" as anybody, but I don't think this has had an adverse effect on my enjoyment of their formidable back catalogue. I think the reason everyone "at least liked" U2 is that they banged out some really awesome albums between '83 and '91. War and The Joshua Tree would have been top 10 albums of the 1980s even if Bono was a recluse.

Thought I'd make this a bit more challenging...it's easy to do covers...but I'm interested to see what song titles are out there with two different songs.

I'll start with two...

"Crazy"-Gnarls Barkley

"Crazy"-Patsy Cline

"California Girls"-Beach Boys and David Lee Roth

"California Girls"-Gretchen Wilson

"Crazy" - Aerosmith