TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

WWE.com says the main event for this week's ECW will be Lashley vs. RVD vs. Test for the title. So, I assume that means they really are saving the epic Lashley-Test match for the Rumble.

On the most recent Legends Roundtable on WWE 24/7, Michael Hayes was telling a story about the first time The Fabulous Freebirds came out to entrance music. Hayes said we came out to "Freebird" and Jim Ross, being the good host that he is, said "Lynyrd Skynyrd's Freebird". Hayes said, "Why do you keep correcting me?" and Ross responded that not everyone knows who Skynrd is. Dusty Rhodes jumped in and said, "Who doesn't know Skynrd?" Ross responded, "Anyone born after the 1980s." Dusty responded, "Oh, you mean the writing team."

Trying to stay on topic as much as possible here, I attended an indy show last night featuring some former WWE guys. It featured The Steiners in a tag match against Buff Bagwell and a local guy named Ricky Nelson. Buff is still in tremendous physical condition and hasn't changed at all since the last days of WCW/early Invasion. Scott Steiner still looks the same as he did when last seen in TNA, though he wrestled with a t-shirt on for the entire match. Rick Steiner just looks like hell, though he is getting up in age. Ricky Morton was there playing his usual uber babyface schtick against a heel Chris Hamrick. This match was mostly Hamrick doing some rather creative and humorous stalling, and Morton having the crowd in the palm of his hand. In regards to Hamrick, can someone explain to me why he was never signed by WWE? Aside from looking to be a little old, he did some solid high spots, seemed to be a skilled mat-wrestler, and had more personality than I've seen from most of the WWE roster.

I don't if a Good Ol Southern Boy gimmick would work in the WWE....or wait...they would probably make him the Grand Wizard of the Knights of Columbus and have him lose to Shelton every week.

WWE.com has Shelton, Jeff Hardy, Masters, Viscera, and Kenny listed as the first five guys entered in the Rumble.

so I'm guessing Raw will have another 5 annouced by next week? I'm thinking that all 3 brands will have 10 guys each.

WWE.com has Shelton, Jeff Hardy, Masters, Viscera, and Kenny listed as the first five guys entered in the Rumble.

so I'm guessing Raw will have another 5 annouced by next week? I'm thinking that all 3 brands will have 10 guys each.

25 participants have been announced on wwe.com.

25 participants have been announced on wwe.com.

lol well nevermind then. You guys gotta tell me these things before I post. :P

My brothers and I are going to the Royal Rumble, and we were wondering what time the wrestlers usually get to the arena. It might be cool to get some pics or autographs, so any info would be helpful. Thanks guys.

This is only based on going to Raw during the iVasion era, but I think the wrestlers ussually show up between two to one hours before bell time.

I went to walmart again today to see if they had the WWE DVD's. I looked all around for the cut out then I finally asked one of the dudes that worked there. He said that he hasn't seen a WWE cut out.

I could not find a cut out at three different Wal-Marts, but one I went to had a few assorted ones crammed in an endcap, I was able to pick up a couple decent ones.

So, apparently WWE 24/7 starts on Cablevision this week. I've heard nothing about this before now but dudes on the Death Valley Driver board are saying that it's happening.

So, I have a random OVW question that may fit best here.

Does anyone know if you can pay the down payment on OVW training with a credit card? Or do they expect cash or cheque?

Just a random question that I was thinking.

Guest jlvideo

I've read he is in the doghouse in the wwe again. Even reading with maria. But what does he have to do to get a push. I liked him in ROH,TNA,IWA mid-south. but i think he's just not getting much in matches. Matches with Hardcore Holly,Matt Striker are not too impresive. I wish he was on smackdown.

I went to walmart again today to see if they had the WWE DVD's. I looked all around for the cut out then I finally asked one of the dudes that worked there. He said that he hasn't seen a WWE cut out.

I could not find a cut out at three different Wal-Marts, but one I went to had a few assorted ones crammed in an endcap, I was able to pick up a couple decent ones.

Ya, but they're all around $20 instead of $3.

Not at the one I went to. It was like half wrestling and half exercise. I got Taboo Tuesday 2004, Badd Blood 2004, Superstar Billy Graham and Brock Lesnar for $3.88. My friend got Rumble 04 for $3.88 and this year's Rumble for $8.88 and they had a lot more assorted from the two sales. They had a lot of $20 ones in the main section, but on the end of the aisle they had the sale ones. Like I said though, I went to three different Wal-Marts in a 2 mile radius and only found those few at one. The other two had nothing, even the one that had it, they weren't in a cardboard display.

Not at the one I went to. It was like half wrestling and half exercise. I got Taboo Tuesday 2004, Badd Blood 2004, Superstar Billy Graham and Brock Lesnar for $3.88. My friend got Rumble 04 for $3.88 and this year's Rumble for $8.88 and they had a lot more assorted from the two sales. They had a lot of $20 ones in the main section, but on the end of the aisle they had the sale ones. Like I said though, I went to three different Wal-Marts in a 2 mile radius and only found those few at one. The other two had nothing, even the one that had it, they weren't in a cardboard display.

Damn. I wonder if it's even worth it going to all the different walmart's looking for it.

Guest Toddiwod

My download of New Year's Revolution 2007 finally ended, and I gotta say, Hardy vs. Nitro is a really great match. As much as I hate Nitro's shtick and gimmick, the guy impresses me more and more in the ring every time I see him.

So, I have a random OVW question that may fit best here.

Does anyone know if you can pay the down payment on OVW training with a credit card? Or do they expect cash or cheque?

Just a random question that I was thinking.

Personally I'd consider an aspiring wrestler's credit card to be more worthless than the plastic it's printed on, but YMMV.

Can we please have heels win by something other than pulling the tights or holding onto the bottom rope? I've come to accept heels cheating in EVERY single match that they're in but it seems like every victory for them has them pulling the tights in some form or holding onto the ropes.

I wish that instead of the usual finishers or cheap roll-up mentioned above, "big moves" like a superplex, ended matches more often. If matches actually had different finishes every so often, there might actually be some suspense to nearfalls and covers.

Exactly. I'd love to see a random superplex or german suplex win a match for a change. Maybe have someone bust out a boston crab or sleeperhold to get a submission victory once in a while. It seems like almost every WWE worker has a set list of moves they can perform in a match, and are strictly limited to that moveset.

The cheap rollups and tight pulling are _way_ overdone in WWE. You'd think the agents in the back would notice that.