TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

That was odd. No "we wish (wrestler X) the best in his future endevours". Anyone want to take a guess what he was caught with?

Man, Nitro is really fucked now.

What does he need Joey Janetty around for?

Well, they were the best tag team in the company, save for maybe the Hardys who aren't teaming much anymore.

Who cares if they were the best team? Nitro was slumming it in the tag division. Someone explain to me how this is bad for him.

That was odd. No "we wish (wrestler X) the best in his future endevours". Anyone want to take a guess what he was caught with?

Hard drugs that are easily traceable, like cocaine. Remember, he has a history of rehab as well.

I kinda feel sorry for Mercury cuz first he got his nose broken by a ladder and just when his face got better, he got fired (thats pretty sad)

Man, Nitro is really fucked now.

What does he need Joey Janetty around for?

Well, they were the best tag team in the company, save for maybe the Hardys who aren't teaming much anymore.

Who cares if they were the best team? Nitro was slumming it in the tag division. Someone explain to me how this is bad for him.

It's not bad for him, just bad for the company.

So Benoit and MVP went 25+ minutes at a house show.

What do you guys think of this? WM 23: Benoit and MVP have a 20-minute draw. A lost art, both guys look strong on the big show, puts the U.S. Title feud forward (that they kinda rushed into with two good workers).

So I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but does it bother you that the Intercontiential Championship is once again not defended at Wrestlemania? The last time it was defended at Wrestlemania was 5 years ago.

Meanwhile, That US Title looks as strong as ever.

I really wish they could've had a strong IC Title match just to commemorate the 20 year anniversary of Steamboat/Savage.

What do you guys think of this? WM 23: Benoit and MVP have a 20-minute draw. A lost art, both guys look strong on the big show, puts the U.S. Title feud forward (that they kinda rushed into with two good workers).

I hope for that, as the build has been great in this short amount of time. I wish I could expect a classic match that will steal the show, but Benoit's jobbing in less than 10 minutes.

When's the last time they've ever ended a match on a time-limit draw?

I do like the idea of the match going 20+ minutes though, if it's a good match as I've heard.

Mercury HURT Nitro.

Three reasons:

1- After Nitro's singles push, which started poorly (IC Title was meaningless, poor mic skills) and then got GOOD with the series of matches with Jeff, Nitro was seen as a singles star. Insert faceless (literally, he had a facemask on) tag team partner, who, like it or not, was using Nitro's heat to stay on TV. By lumping Mercury in with Nitro, you were calling Nitro just a "tag guy", since his partner has the same ENTRANCE, MUSIC, RING ATTIRE, MANAGER, and style.

2 - Mercury's inclusion into the tag team ranks, IMO, killed any casual interest in a possible Foley/Nitro matchup for Mania, a match that like Edge Vs. Foley last year, could've done wonders for Nitro. But putting Nitro in spotfests like Armageddon or in tag matches with the Hardyz, it became "let's get that big blowoff at Mania!"

3 - The "big blowoff at Mania" didn't happen, likely because of Mercury having some sort of problems. Now Nitro is out of WM altogether, unless a shitty tag against Carlito/Flair or a Battle Royal gets put on the DVD.

JBL and Benoit were working long great matches on house shows leading to Mania last year. Obviously that didn't go very long.

Yeah but JBL sucked last year. He even said so in a recent WWE.com blog/video show, can't remember. And just because the matchn was "long", doesn't mean it was "great". MVP, is fresh and does not suck. They can GO SOMEWHERE with this feud. JBL/Benoit was forced filler crap.

i dont know how reliable this is so take this with a grain of salt until it's confirmed

"There was an incident backstage at Raw this afternoon, which resulted in Joey Mercury being fired and Stephanie McMahon being taken to a local hospital. Details are still coming in, but the early word is that Mercury snapped when the creative team told him that he and his partner Johnny Nitro would not be appearing at Wrestlemania 23. Not much is known, but word is that Mercury charged at Stephanie McMahon, knocking her into the side of a desk. He was immediately restrained by the rest of the creative team, and fired on the spot. Vince McMahon is said to be furious at the harm caused at his daughter, who had to be taken to a Chicago hospital for evaluation. Mercury may face criminal charges and possible jail time if WWE decides to follow through. Dave Meltzer will have much more on this situation as he gets it

Wrestling Observer."

thats how it was posted on another board so sadly i don't have a link

I don't believe that for a second. If he ever "hit" Steph he would be in the hospital himself. There are far too many guys in that lockerroom who would kill him.

If it was for drugs, wouldn't they have said "He violated the wellness policy"? It has to be more then that but it can't be as extreme as attacking Stephanie. I could see throwing a verbal tantrum at Stephanie but actually going after her?

i dont know how reliable this is so take this with a grain of salt until it's confirmed

"There was an incident backstage at Raw this afternoon, which resulted in Joey Mercury being fired and Stephanie McMahon being taken to a local hospital. Details are still coming in, but the early word is that Mercury snapped when the creative team told him that he and his partner Johnny Nitro would not be appearing at Wrestlemania 23. Not much is known, but word is that Mercury charged at Stephanie McMahon, knocking her into the side of a desk. He was immediately restrained by the rest of the creative team, and fired on the spot. Vince McMahon is said to be furious at the harm caused at his daughter, who had to be taken to a Chicago hospital for evaluation. Mercury may face criminal charges and possible jail time if WWE decides to follow through. Dave Meltzer will have much more on this situation as he gets it

Wrestling Observer."

thats how it was posted on another board so sadly i don't have a link

I can say this came from a Gamefaqs user who's known for making believeable, but untrue stuff up. DISREGARD.

Odds are he was doing something he was caught with before and he picked a damn wrong time to still be doing it. Didn't he get back from rehab recently or am I thinking of another wrestler?