TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

The following is an "open letter" from Tommy Dreamer to WWE Chairman Vince McMahon posted on "ECW.Com" on March 22:

========

An open letter to Mr. McMahon:

You went through the halls meeting some of the ECW Originals, the guys that you got stuck with when you “purchased” ECW. You also stated that you were looking for guys with “charisma” in the new ECW. Where would WWE be without the influence of ECW?

I understand not liking Sandman because he drinks on the job, but let’s face it, you have been getting your ass handed to you by fellow beer drinker “Stone Cold” Steve Austin who, by the way, was given the green light in ECW to speak freely about his frustrations with WCW and former employer Eric Bischoff . He admitted that in ECW and where he was given free microphone time was when he started the “Stone Cold” persona. Austin got his finisher, the Stone Cold Stunner, from ECW Original Mikey Whipwreck. He also admitted that he got drinking beer in the ring from one Sandman. He always drank beer and saw Sandman do it, so he said, “Why not?”

As for charisma, Sandman is all charisma. His old and new entrance is one of the most exciting in the business. I will never forget One Night Stand 2005 when the entire building sang his entrance. Never before has WWE experienced that. I get the whole use of his old ring entrance ( Metallica’s “Enter the Sandman”) not being used, but the fans still love when his new music hits and he comes through the crowd.

Sabu. Is there any other performer that has single-handedly done anything close to what Sabu has done with tables? Sabu was and still is innovative with tables, but tables were barely used until he came along. What the fans chant for was unheard of back in the day before Sabu.

How many great matches have happened with the WWE invention of the TLC Match? Some of your top guys, Vince, have made a name for themselves and secured their place in WWE because of those TLC Matches. Those type of battles were a standard in the old ECW, and I beg someone to let Sabu go and do what he does best. Sabu also has a charismatic enigma about him. The guy truly is homicidal, suicidal and genocidal. Who else has scarred themselves up for the business like he has?

Rob Van Dam. I only have to state that no other competitor in WWE history has held on to more WWE championships than RVD. He has a unique in ring style, and the fans love him.

I will not slight that you have accomplished and revolutionized the wrestling business when the audience in the mid-1990s started to change. ECW brought this much needed change to the industry. I will go on record stating the entire “Attitude Era” had a strange resemblance to ECW.

Where would WWE be without the “influence” of ECW? I don’t know. It is very interesting to think about though. All three guys I’ve mentioned were an amazing part of all that. These are just some examples of the charismatic men that signified ECW. One word describes all this, and why we did what we did in the old ECW: passion.

Next week, I will state why we are different from the New Breed as well as why the new ECW needs these same guys to be successful and carry on the name ECW.

Sabu vs Jeff Hardy feud anyone?

Anyone?

Yeah... me either.

Sad as it may be, i believed this was true untill this last line.

The mark in me lives on!

mbpounce2mv9.gif

Man, Sabu got DRILLED by that pounce. Didn't even look like he jumped with it.

Sabu probably felt that he had to make up for arriving late and without his luggage (reason why he wore Daivari's ring gear).

I knew it, Sabu never had swords on his pants, plus Daivari just wore those pants recently.

yes that was a nasty pounce, too bad WWE won't call it by name (the running shoulderblock is as lame as it gets, Tazz and Joey)

Rob Van Dam. I only have to state that no other competitor in WWE history has held on to more WWE championships than RVD.

This can't be right. I would think Edge has him beat.

I think he means more as in different, not more as in number of reigns. RVD held the Hardcore title to go with his IC, WWE and Tag titles (and if you count the unification with the European title, he held that one as well), while Edge has "only" held the tag titles, WWE and IC belts.

Rob Van Dam. I only have to state that no other competitor in WWE history has held on to more WWE championships than RVD.

This can't be right. I would think Edge has him beat.

I think he means more as in different, not more as in number of reigns. RVD held the Hardcore title to go with his IC, WWE and Tag titles (and if you count the unification with the European title, he held that one as well), while Edge has "only" held the tag titles, WWE and IC belts.

Edge has also been the US Champion, since they count the WCW US title and WWE US title as the same lineage.

If you counted WCW and WWE, Booker would be near or at the top.

From my figures it would be 33 reigns - if his last WCW title win during the Invasion counts.

Why wouldn't it?

The following is an "open letter" from Tommy Dreamer to WWE Chairman Vince McMahon posted on "ECW.Com" on March 22:

========

An open letter to Mr. McMahon:

You went through the halls meeting some of the ECW Originals, the guys that you got stuck with when you “purchased” ECW. You also stated that you were looking for guys with “charisma” in the new ECW. Where would WWE be without the influence of ECW?

I understand not liking Sandman because he drinks on the job, but let’s face it, you have been getting your ass handed to you by fellow beer drinker “Stone Cold” Steve Austin who, by the way, was given the green light in ECW to speak freely about his frustrations with WCW and former employer Eric Bischoff . He admitted that in ECW and where he was given free microphone time was when he started the “Stone Cold” persona. Austin got his finisher, the Stone Cold Stunner, from ECW Original Mikey Whipwreck. He also admitted that he got drinking beer in the ring from one Sandman. He always drank beer and saw Sandman do it, so he said, “Why not?”

As for charisma, Sandman is all charisma. His old and new entrance is one of the most exciting in the business. I will never forget One Night Stand 2005 when the entire building sang his entrance. Never before has WWE experienced that. I get the whole use of his old ring entrance ( Metallica’s “Enter the Sandman”) not being used, but the fans still love when his new music hits and he comes through the crowd.

Sabu. Is there any other performer that has single-handedly done anything close to what Sabu has done with tables? Sabu was and still is innovative with tables, but tables were barely used until he came along. What the fans chant for was unheard of back in the day before Sabu.

How many great matches have happened with the WWE invention of the TLC Match? Some of your top guys, Vince, have made a name for themselves and secured their place in WWE because of those TLC Matches. Those type of battles were a standard in the old ECW, and I beg someone to let Sabu go and do what he does best. Sabu also has a charismatic enigma about him. The guy truly is homicidal, suicidal and genocidal. Who else has scarred themselves up for the business like he has?

Rob Van Dam. I only have to state that no other competitor in WWE history has held on to more WWE championships than RVD. He has a unique in ring style, and the fans love him.

I will not slight that you have accomplished and revolutionized the wrestling business when the audience in the mid-1990s started to change. ECW brought this much needed change to the industry. I will go on record stating the entire “Attitude Era” had a strange resemblance to ECW.

Where would WWE be without the “influence” of ECW? I don’t know. It is very interesting to think about though. All three guys I’ve mentioned were an amazing part of all that. These are just some examples of the charismatic men that signified ECW. One word describes all this, and why we did what we did in the old ECW: passion.

Next week, I will state why we are different from the New Breed as well as why the new ECW needs these same guys to be successful and carry on the name ECW.

Sabu vs Jeff Hardy feud anyone?

Anyone?

Yeah... me either.

Sad as it may be, i believed this was true untill this last line.

The mark in me lives on!

It lives in us all my friend.. :cheers:

If you counted WCW and WWE, Booker would be near or at the top.

From my figures it would be 33 reigns - if his last WCW title win during the Invasion counts.

Why wouldn't it?

Just always considered it a grey area - with the championships still being considered as the same as when WCW was a separate company, but changing hands within the WWF. Or perhaps I just want to forget the Invasion altogether!

There's always room in this thread for a little Hogan bullshit.

Hulk Hogan recently stated on the Bubba the Love Sponge that he and Vince McMahon had talked about doing a hair vs. hair match, but both insisted on doing the J-O-B.

Credit: Gerweck

RonL,

Orton and Cena both toiled around in OVW and then in the WWE for at least 3 years each before they made it to the top of the card. Just because Kenny Dykstra is being jobbed around now doesn't necessarily mean it's over for him already.

and I said TOP of the card, not runs with the midcard championships...

RonL,

Orton and Cena both toiled around in OVW and then in the WWE for at least 3 years each before they made it to the top of the card. Just because Kenny Dykstra is being jobbed around now doesn't necessarily mean it's over for him already.

and I said TOP of the card, not runs with the midcard championships...

im talkin about at the TV level....Think about Edge compared to the other two...Having to wait 8 years before you get a Championship...compared to 2/3 years like Orton and Cena..I understand your comparison but Edge had to wait his turn like Shawn and Bret and the others back then had to...The Era of having to earn your spot before getting your Championship push is over....

Not that Orton and Cena werent worthy...but i guess the trigger was pulled too quickly....If then were now...Stone Cold wouldve been Champ in 96

Orton would have been fine and would have been over had they not fucked his booking all to hell.

Cena was absolutely over enough to be champ, but then they watered down his character to the point of medicority and put him against established guys like Angle and Jericho in his first year as champ.

Orton would have been fine and would have been over had they not fucked his booking all to hell.

Cena was absolutely over enough to be champ, but then they watered down his character to the point of medicority and put him against established guys like Angle and Jericho in his first year as champ.

Stone Cold was more over in 96 than Cena was in 05 but i see your point...im just saying 10 years ago Cena wouldnt have been champ...Times have obviously changed....The only guy who got the title after a short period after making his TV debut who deserved it was probably Goldberg..even then they couldve waited a couple weeks until the PPV...And Maybe Brock Too...

Cena got a WWE Title shot against Brock Lesnar on PPV within his first year of being in the company.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

It seems like no one bothered to mention that K.C. James had been out with some sort of injury for a few months. That explains why Idol Stevens was teaming without him in OVW for some unknown reason for a few months. James finally returned to action a few weeks ago in OVW. James & Stevens were told that the team would be brought back up to the main roster when James finally recovered, but that obviously hasn't happened yet. While James was out with an injury, Idol Stevens was teaming up with fellow WWE demotee Johnny Jeter.

Speaking of Johnny Jeter, he's gained some weight since being demoted to OVW and is said to look "Pillsbury Doughboy-like". The weight gain has slowed his ring speed. Former Spirit Squad member Mikey, who is now in OVW as well, has also gained some weight, although it hasn't really affected his ring speed. Even so, his physique has been compared to that of 80's wrestling star Buddy Rose before his weight got out of control.

Mark Henry gained quite a bit of weight while he was out with an injury. He looks to be in the neighborhood of 450 to 460 pounds. WWE's website bills him as being 380 pounds. He also looked immobile in his return match against Daniel Rodimer in OVW a few weeks ago. He was also seen sporting a huge knee brace.

The fat spirit squad is in effect....

Are they injecting pizza sauce now since the scandal? For a guy who has been with the company since 1996, Henry seems to have been in OVW for 75% of that tenure.

Watching some old WWE DVDs and I came across a question that has been bothering for sometime. We all know Kurt Angle was an olympic gold medalist from the 1996 Summer Olympics. But why did he come to the ring with TWO (obviously fake) gold medals while in the WWE, when i believe he only won one (in the heavyweight freestyle division, I think).

So, I assume Henry got A NEW CONTRACT when his ten year deal expired? Wow.

He was signed to a 1-year extension for A LOT less money.

Watching some old WWE DVDs and I came across a question that has been bothering for sometime. We all know Kurt Angle was an olympic gold medalist from the 1996 Summer Olympics. But why did he come to the ring with TWO (obviously fake) gold medals while in the WWE, when i believe he only won one (in the heavyweight freestyle division, I think).

At a guess, I'd say it was to represent one of his other amateur wins, he picked-up a few Junior titles in the late 80s.

i could swear i read somewhere that he was told to bring as many medals with him as possible just to exaduate(sp?) the fact was was a gold medalist.

Surprised he wasn't made to wear a gold jumpsuit...oh, they had Goldust! :D

So when are they going to bring Scorpio in? He's working OVW right now with the Flash gimmick while keeping the Scorpio name. He does look quite aged but still seems to have skills intact enough.

Who is currently running OVW? It's taken quite the freefall since Heyman left.

They got Heyman under contract. Let him go there and keep buring himself out creatively and possibly teach those guys something like cutting a promo or working a crowd. Whoever is in charge right now isn't doing a good job of it.

One of the strangest things, Maryse whom is the interviewer changes her outfit for every segment even when they are back to back. I understand cheap production values but still.

Greg Gagne took over OVW for a while and totally tanked it after Paul Heyman came back to book ECW.

I guess new talent will be called up in the next 2 weeks or so. Post Mania Raw/SD always have new guys showing up. (Lesner and Umaga come to mind)