TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Some of my favorite Royal Rumble perdictions:

The Royal Rumble

Y2J's pick: Triple H

I love to see Rey Mysterio win it. It’s time he broke out and started becoming the major, major star on SmackDown that he should be. But I think Triple H is going to win it. I think it’s been a long time since he was the champion, and I think he’s going to become the champion again. Winning the Royal Rumble Match is obviously the best way to set up to do it.

Me thinks that the "I thinks" were added in by wwe.com. Take them away, and it reads "It's been a long time since he was champion, and he's going to be champion again."

The Royal Rumble

Kevin Nash's pick: Triple H

Triple H. He's The Game, and he has the most experience. Who else is going to go to the main event at WrestleMania?

Seriously though, it's obviously coming down to HHH/Rey, so I think the HHH press conference promo and all these predictions of HHH winning are just so that once Rey does win, he can get that praise from the internet for "doing the right thing." See: the Benoit reign. He wants to be liked by the internet for jobbing again, even though he'll still be the main focus no matter who has either belt or who wins the Rumble.

Man I hate being an H hater sometimes, it's just annoying, that I think about all these conspiracy theories.

I predict Kurt Angle will be out of action by the midpoint of the year and won't be coming back until 2007 or he'll be forced to retire. He's just in too bad a shape.

Now they are selling the box only for those who already bought the DVD's

I was going to be pissed if they didn't. I collect dvds, and part of my collection are all the WWE dvds.

Guest Brian

Because I want to actually know, but don't want to get a ton of complaints about what I'm about to say, I'll put it into words in this thread. I saw what happened and how defensive people got last time Angle and death were brought up at the same time, but I want people to treat this as a hypothetical.

Angle's neck is in pretty horrible shape from all reports, and given the surgery he had and the choice(s) he made combined with where he is on the card (very much like Guerrero), he's not going to want to risk his spot. Well, everything points to DDD, which as far as he's along, the matrix of his discs and cartilage is probably close to jelly. Okay, the question. If Angle gets seriously injured (parylized, severe nerve damage, atrophy, unable to walk again, whatever) or dies, would it drive you away from the WWE?

If Angle gets seriously injured (parylized, severe nerve damage, atrophy, unable to walk again, whatever) or dies, would it drive you away from the WWE?

At this point, WWE don't have many fans left who can be run off. They're down to the super hardcore fans who will sit through some of the worst angles, matches and skits they've ever put out.

Guest Brian

That's really what I'm wondering of who's left, because we've hit such depths, is what would it take to drive you off?

So a couple of quick questions. I have no where to watch the Royal Rumble on Sunday. I can't order it cause I don't have a cable box, just basic cable. So I was thinking of just ordering the webcast of it, but I've never ordered a webcast of a PPV and I was wondering if people can tell me how it works? Also how are the quality of the webcast PPV's?

So a couple of quick questions. I have no where to watch the Royal Rumble on Sunday. I can't order it cause I don't have a cable box, just basic cable. So I was thinking of just ordering the webcast of it, but I've never ordered a webcast of a PPV and I was wondering if people can tell me how it works? Also how are the quality of the webcast PPV's?

Go here and fill out your info (http://www.wwe.com/subscriptions/webcast/royalrumble/). On Sunday, click on the link to watch the RR webcast. Windows Media Player will ask you for your e-mail or user name and password. You'll be able to watch it for 7 days and it comes with bonus matches. I don't know if it is from the date of purchase or day of the event.

I thought the quality of it was good. I used the TV out on my computer so I could watch it on my TV. Of course, only owning the PPV for seven days sucked. I think I might have had one or two occasions when I had to buffer the show.

I thought the quality of it was good. I used the TV out on my computer so I could watch it on my TV. Of course, only owning the PPV for seven days sucked. I think I might have had one or two occasions when I had to buffer the show

I don't think I can do that using a laptop, so I'll be using my laptop monitor.

Guest J0bber

Not sure if this was posted yet, but here's an intiguing note from the Observer:

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Triple H blew a gasket when WWE's web site posted that he and Stephanie were expecting, and listed the tidbit under their real names, Paul and Stephanie McMahon-Levesque.

Also, anyone know the quality of the WWE's webcasts?

EDIT: Boy, what a dummy I am. The friggin' question is asked like three posts above mine.

I thought the quality of it was good. I used the TV out on my computer so I could watch it on my TV. Of course, only owning the PPV for seven days sucked. I think I might have had one or two occasions when I had to buffer the show

I don't think I can do that using a laptop, so I'll be using my laptop monitor.

I don't know what laptop you have, but my Dell Inspiron 5000 had TV out on it. I think a lot of them have it.

See if your computer has a S-Video out.

Why didn't Angle have his surgery done by Austin's doctor in Texas? Why would he take advice from Scott Hall and go to the other doctor? I wonder would he be in this predicament if he just had the fusion surgery in the first place?

Yeah, the quality is very good. When I ordered ECW: ONS off of wwe.com, it ran at 500ish kbps as compared to all the other video content of the website that only runs at 300ish kbps . . . so it's almost twice as good as the video quality of a Heat/Velocity episode.

Guest Fook
Why didn't Angle have his surgery done by Austin's doctor in Texas? Why would he take advice from Scott Hall and go to the other doctor? I wonder would he be in this predicament if he just had the fusion surgery in the first place?

If he had the same neck fusing surgery as Austin, Edge, Benoit, etc., he would have been out for over a year. The other doctor's procedure only kept him out for three to four months. Of course, a risky procedure coupled with very short rehab time only led to the more serious problems he's having now.

WWE 24/7 appeared in our area sometime when I wasn't looking in the past month, and... Ugh. Nothing here really interests me. That they spend so much time in 80s stuff and next month promise midgets kind of makes me cringe. $7 a month is too much for what essentially is only good for the ECW section, and I'm guessing corporate egos mean I won't be seeing much of any 96-98 WCW.

I think I'll skip it.

Word going around is that Tim White is going through all of this to debut New Jack. On an upcoming show, Tim White will finally cut a promo in the middle of the ring, and proclaim that since he can't get the job done himself, he has brought in someone who can do it for sure - then out will come New Jack.

My guess is that someone will come out to prevent New Jack from killing Tim White, which will then lead to White being the manager of Jack, to take on whoever it is that will interfere.

I use www.streamtvnow.com They broadcast all sorts of sports there; NBA, NHL, NFL, and WWE PPVs. I used to use the site to watch English soccer but they got stopped from broadcasting that. The quality on it is really good and it's only around $4 for a month's subscription.

Word going around is that Tim White is going through all of this to debut New Jack. On an upcoming show, Tim White will finally cut a promo in the middle of the ring, and proclaim that since he can't get the job done himself, he has brought in someone who can do it for sure - then out will come New Jack.

My guess is that someone will come out to prevent New Jack from killing Tim White, which will then lead to White being the manager of Jack, to take on whoever it is that will interfere.

I dunno, check out the brilliant comment for Trish on the POWER 25...

"Trish's opportunity to referee at the Royal Rumble has got to be killing Tim White."

You stay classy WWE.

Just when I thought itcouldn't get any worse...