TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Sorry for resurrecting the HHHaate, but I have observed something that just drives me mad.

Why the hell does HHH have to be the final person in the order of stars featured in the opening WWE "The Power is back" promo that airs before each show? If you look at the progression, the eras are showcased from beginning to present. During this, the Rock/Austin stuff is shown, then stars such as Angle and Guerrero and then you see the emerging guys of today like Rey and Cena. The final clip is Triple H from 2002 which is well before most of the clips already shown.

Is this not just aggrevating to the rest of you as it is me? That clip should have been right after the Rock/Austin stuff.

He's also the only one in it twice.

Guest Dr Stupid

Sorry for resurrecting the HHHaate, but I have observed something that just drives me mad.

Why the hell does HHH have to be the final person in the order of stars featured in the opening WWE "The Power is back" promo that airs before each show? If you look at the progression, the eras are showcased from beginning to present. During this, the Rock/Austin stuff is shown, then stars such as Angle and Guerrero and then you see the emerging guys of today like Rey and Cena. The final clip is Triple H from 2002 which is well before most of the clips already shown.

Is this not just aggrevating to the rest of you as it is me? That clip should have been right after the Rock/Austin stuff.

It's a conspiricy I tells ya

My girlfriend works at Ruby Tuesdays and she calls me a few hours ago to tell me she got two wrestlers to sign autographs for me. One was Carlito and the other was Ashley.

The first thing I asked her was "Was Carlito talking all funny?" She said no.

So he isn't in gimmick alll the time.

Guest Desperate Housewife

Oh, I don't know, maybe because company loyalty means something.

Plus, he's over.

The "HHHate" is really pathetic. God forbid a guy be married to Steph McMahon. God forbid a guy be over as a heel. Not as if there's any other heels ready to squash Cena

From the Observer cheat thread over at DVDVR, discussing just how screwed CM Punk is

Meltzer said from day one guys like HHH, HBK, Hayes, and even Arn Anderson have been all over Punk about his work rate. Anderson goes along with HHH and says that Punk "copies" a lot of popular moves from Japan. Meltzer also added that Punk's relationship with Maria "doesn't help matters". He didn't go into detail and I'm really curious as to what he meant.

Snigger

Also - Matt Hardy is being thrown to the wolves - as Dalip Singh's opponent. That'll learn him

I'd prefer a quick clean job to HHH myself.

That'll show the ROH nuts

Guest JRE

WWE.com is calling Super Crazy/Nunzio a Velocity Match of the Year on the main WWE.com page. They even put Crazy and Nunz in the Power 25 for the match alone.

WWE.com is calling Super Crazy/Nunzio a Velocity Match of the Year on the main WWE.com page. They even put Crazy and Nunz in the Power 25 for the match alone.

Highlight of the match was Matthews' "Who will be busted in the mouth this Sunday at No Way Out?

Damn good match, but it wasn't tremendous.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Oh, I don't know, maybe because company loyalty means something.

Plus, he's over.

The Undertaker.

He's been in the company longer and is more over. He's in it once, and doesn't finish it off. How exactly was HHH picked a head of him?

Honestly, of all the things that HHH's marriage have caused in this company this isn't even an important issue. But to suggest that he's being portrayed as the most important star in the history of the company for any other reason is absurd.

Anyone else find what's happening to JBL's career right now pretty sad? He was such a major player, busting out fantastic brawls that quite a few of the JBL haters even loved, and now, just under a year later since jobbing to Cena in a horrible short match, he is being squashed by the Boogeyman, and quite possibly will job to Lashley in a pretty quick match also. Even on the Power 25 on WWE.com they are all over the guy, as he is now at number 23:

A loss at No Way Out could drop JBL off the POWER 25... A win could re-energize the former WWE Champion's career.

And he's only ahead of Super Crazy and Nunzio, two guys that are only on there apparently because of that single Velocity match.

Speaking of that match, and their placement on the list, and the pushing of the cruisers on SD, are we seeing the "cruiserweight push" of the year already this early in 2006? I wish they would keep it going, but we all know not to get excited about any cruiserweight action (in terms of long term angles) in WWE.

Anyway, I thought JBL had a bit of backstage power in WWE. If he isn't putting up a fight about being booked the way we see right now, that says a lot about the guy. He held the title longer than just about anyone else in years, almost an entire year, and now we have what we see now. Imagine HHH going along with something like that, or anyone other champion that was pushed like he was.

Anyone else find what's happening to JBL's career right now pretty sad? He was such a major player, busting out fantastic brawls that quite a few of the JBL haters even loved, and now, just under a year later since jobbing to Cena in a horrible short match, he is being squashed by the Boogeyman, and quite possibly will job to Lashley in a pretty quick match also. Even on the Power 25 on WWE.com they are all over the guy, as he is now at number 23:

A loss at No Way Out could drop JBL off the POWER 25... A win could re-energize the former WWE Champion's career.

And he's only ahead of Super Crazy and Nunzio, two guys that are only on there apparently because of that single Velocity match.

Speaking of that match, and their placement on the list, and the pushing of the cruisers on SD, are we seeing the "cruiserweight push" of the year already this early in 2006? I wish they would keep it going, but we all know not to get excited about any cruiserweight action (in terms of long term angles) in WWE.

Anyway, I thought JBL had a bit of backstage power in WWE. If he isn't putting up a fight about being booked the way we see right now, that says a lot about the guy. He held the title longer than just about anyone else in years, almost an entire year, and now we have what we see now. Imagine HHH going along with something like that, or anyone other champion that was pushed like he was.

JBL had a HTM run, it didn't work for him or the company. JBL is still a good spokesman for the company because he is an articulate and intelligent person with a background in something credible (the stock market) and has media connections that WWE likes.

JBL might have "stroke" via his tenure and his "locker room leader" status but he's smart enough to know he has to return the favor and put others other after running on top for all of 2005.

JBL will fall in place as a mid-carder/occasional main eventer and work where he should have been all along, the US Title scene.

JBL will fall in place as a mid-carder/occasional main eventer and work where he should have been all along, the US Title scene.

I totally agree. I've never thought JBL was a main event player. His ring work may suck but the character has grown on me. I think he's a perfect mid-card type. Continue to have him help build up guys and give him occasional pushes and I think he'll do well.

On another note, he's the poster for "See No Evil":

http://www.impawards.com/2006/see_no_evil.html

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but for those who were saying that the new Saturday Night's Main Event would be "plausibly live," airing at 11:30 in the SNL timeslot, WWE.com has a story on its home page saying SNME will air live at 8 p.m. (7 central) on NBC.

It had better be a fill in for SNL, although theres no way its live at 11:30 east coast time. But my guess is they'll tape it at 7 or 8 and air it at 11:30 to minimize spoiler impact because they probably want the show to catch a decent rating to get more SNME on NBC..

Oh, and I like the See No Evil Poster with the exception of the stupid tagline. I dont believe they couldnt do better than "This summer, evil gets RAW"

Im gonna mess with it, I got a really good idea..

It had better be a fill in for SNL, although theres no way its live at 11:30 east coast time. But my guess is they'll tape it at 7 or 8 and air it at 11:30 to minimize spoiler impact because they probably want the show to catch a decent rating to get more SNME on NBC..

Did you not read what I just posted? WWE.com is already advertising that the show is going to be broadcast live at 8 p.m. on NBC.

Yeah it will be live for two hours that night, they already are running commercials for it here and there and on wwe.com. Also, it was originally supposed to be a Raw only show (since NBC didnt want to promote a show on another network) but somehow, thats changed also and will be a joint brand show. All in all its a sweet deal overall. Hoping they air it in HD also.

As mentioned in another post, they are apparently going with Angle/Taker and Edge/Cena for the show, with likely a few more matches added (hoping for an Orton/Rey rematch and HHH/RVD or something) and I wouldnt be surprised to see them try to have Hogan appear here to set up something, anything, for Mania.

I'd prefer a quick clean job to HHH myself.

That'll show the ROH nuts

I remember this one time we were at a friend's house for a WWE PPV and instead of the usual chips, beer, and junk food, he busted out french bread with sea salt and virgin olive oil. Needless to say that didn't get over quite as good as pizza and chips.

OMG I just saw the most bizarre thing on ESPN. It was a commercial promoting the Bass Masters tour with get this...the man's name is Kevin Van Dam and I quote "the fans call him KVD". Isn't it great that all of the redneck sports are now melting, merging, fusing into to one big fan base.

OMG I just saw the most bizarre thing on ESPN. It was a commercial promoting the Bass Masters tour with get this...the man's name is Kevin Van Dam and I quote "the fans call him KVD". Isn't it great that all of the redneck sports are now melting, merging, fusing into to one big fan base.

Kinda catches me off guard that the redneck fans would like the laid back RVD who jumps around and kicks people. Then again, the south may have been the sole reason Jean Claude Van Damm was popular.