TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

Fox Sunday - Sept 10, 2006

I take it be the awesome amount of talk about it, everyone enjoyed the season preimers of Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy, etc? I thought it was an enjoyable night overall. Family Guy was more plot driven and less flashback driven than usual. There was a commercial for a joke where Stewie made a "worse than the time" segue, but no flashback happened, causing him to go "oh, no clip?". That was not in the episode, though.

Didn't watch The Simpsons or American Dad, but Family Guy seemed more like the older episodes. There were a lot fewer "Remember the time we did this and that..." gags, and more within-the-plot jokes.

I watched last night. I thought the Simpsons episode was pretty good. At first I rolled my eyes, since it seems like they've been using Fat Tony a lot more in recent years, but the introduction of his son as a new character was actually pretty entertaining. I laughed out loud at the end where he was playing with the race cars and they closed the door on Lisa. It was also nice to have an episode not totally focused on Homer for a change.

Family Guy was pretty good as well. Can't really add anything to what's been said, but I think Family Guy is consistently the funniest of the FOX cartoon shows right now.

American Dad wasn't quite as good as the other two last night. I'm hoping this is just an aberration, and not a sign of things to come this season. The plot with Roger and Stan's wife pretending to be different people was pretty funny though. The main plot was kind of weak, though. Just not quite as much funny material as they usually have, I thought.

War at Home was also entertaining. Seemed like they didn't wrap up much of the plot before the end of the episode. I think that's a regular thing with this show, though. Like, Larry changed his name to "Gideon" last night, and they never really resolved that, unless I missed something.

I watched last night. I thought the Simpsons episode was pretty good. At first I rolled my eyes, since it seems like they've been using Fat Tony a lot more in recent years, but the introduction of his son as a new character was actually pretty entertaining. I laughed out loud at the end where he was playing with the race cars and they closed the door on Lisa. It was also nice to have an episode not totally focused on Homer for a change.

Family Guy was pretty good as well. Can't really add anything to what's been said, but I think Family Guy is consistently the funniest of the FOX cartoon shows right now.

American Dad wasn't quite as good as the other two last night. I'm hoping this is just an aberration, and not a sign of things to come this season. The plot with Roger and Stan's wife pretending to be different people was pretty funny though. The main plot was kind of weak, though. Just not quite as much funny material as they usually have, I thought.

War at Home was also entertaining. Seemed like they didn't wrap up much of the plot before the end of the episode. I think that's a regular thing with this show, though. Like, Larry changed his name to "Gideon" last night, and they never really resolved that, unless I missed something.

Gideon ended up being the name of a foreign exchange student who thought Larry was mocking him and beat the crap out of him.

Huh. Guess I must've been getting a snack or something when that happened. Oh well.

I do like that show, though. It's different enough from every other run of the mill family sitcom show to distinguish itself, at least.

I found it really odd that in the earlier AD episodes, Roger always had to be in some elaborate disguise so that no one would realize he's an alien. Now a wig and a goateee make it impossible to tell that he's gray with bizarre proprtions.

I found it really odd that in the earlier AD episodes, Roger always had to be in some elaborate disguise so that no one would realize he's an alien. Now a wig and a goateee make it impossible to tell that he's gray with bizarre proprtions.

The DVD mentions this briefly in a commentary, I think - something about how they got tired of writing Roger inside all the time. I don't recal lexaclty what was said, but it was mentioned how after a few episodes Roger just threw on a crappy disguise and could go outside. Said DVD commentaries also give me the impression Seth has nothing, or very little, to do with that show compared to FG.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

The War At Home is FOX's oldest current sitcom.

Family Guy's Season opener was the best.

Yeah it was probably a better 2 hour block than usual. I don't know about AD and War at Home switching times, though.

It makes more sense I suppose to have the 3 animated shows back to back to back.

American Dad was the worst episode to date. Simpsons was surprisingly good and Family Guy was hillarious.

I highly enjoyed the Simpsons. The funniest part was at the end....the son has pretty much assimilated into the mafia and walks all tough like to his room, and then the door swings open and you see him playing with his toy cars...LOL...awesome.

Family Guy was damn funny as well..

MOM MOM MOM MOM MOMMY MAMA MOM MOM MOM MOM!

I only watched Family Guy. I don't know, i didn't find it funny like usual. The Stewie/Lois stuff was ok and so was the Peter stuff but it lacked meg.

I missed this cuz of work. Damn, but this sunday I only work 10-3 so good news

Im looking at the Tivo previews now:

White Stripes appearance on the Simpsons (seemingly not a brief 30 second appearance though)

American Dad seems like an episode of The War at Home from last year "Stan becomes overly proud of Steve for finding his first girlfriend until he gets a look at her"

Family Guy"..Peter finds a father figure in Tom Tucker and Brian gets his own Radio show"

War at Home "Dave worries that Larry will become the biggest geek in school.."..as if thats not like..blatantly apparent..Im guessing they ditched his gay friend too.

The week after seems better though, especially the Family Guy episode.."Hell comes to Quahog"

White Stripes appearance on the Simpsons (seemingly not a brief 30 second appearance though)

"Oh my god! It's the White Stripes!

...who the fuck are the White Stripes?"

War at Home "Dave worries that Larry will become the biggest geek in school.."..as if thats not like..blatantly apparent..Im guessing they ditched his gay friend too.

Shame if they did. He was the best character on the show by far

I missed this cuz of work. Damn, but this sunday I only work 10-3 so good news

Im looking at the Tivo previews now:

American Dad seems like an episode of The War at Home from last year "Stan becomes overly proud of Steve for finding his first girlfriend until he gets a look at her"

Family Guy"..Peter finds a father figure in Tom Tucker and Brian gets his own Radio show"

The week after seems better though, especially the Family Guy episode.."Hell comes to Quahog"

wish I had a tivo....or at least a vcr, man I got to get something with my next paycheck(too bad on labor day week we had a cheapo dvd recorder/vcr combo on sale for 89 bucks!)

Shame if they did. He was the best character on the show by far

I guess hes making non-speaking cameos..