TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

That was an awesome headline.

I entered, but no luck.

Yeahman, me neither.

Oh wells, I picked up a black DS and some games the other day, so that'll take care of my Nintendo fix for a while...although (rant on the way):

While MKDS is ok for what it is, I can't stand the Double Dash engine. I played the hell out of that game (unlocked everything/beat the staff ghosts etc) trying to find a reason to like it, but it's like the special ed version of MK64. The karts are slower, all the weapons are neutered, and they ruined the mini-boost/snaking by making it ridiculously easy. If they continue this shit onto the Wii, I'll craft another bitchy post about it...and that'll show them (bet we get an Arcade GP port though, as that seems destined for the Wii).

On the other hand, Yoshi's Island kicks all kinds of ass.

Guest Smues

The weather channel launched this morning. I just downloaded the update and am messing around with it. Pretty neat being able to scroll around the globe and check out the weather (according to my 5 day forecast we go from highs in the 20s lows in the 10s now to a low of -26 on Saturday, huzzah leaving town Friday)

I want a Wii...

Yeah but I think thats a bad way for me to check the weather. I do NOT need to be turning on videogames while I'm rushing around at 7:00 to get to work on time..

I thought the setup of the weather channel was awesome. The fact that my city was listed in the list of cities makes me feel special. Then I saw how fucking cold it is today and got a little sad.

For some reason, Sonic and Mario 64 are showing up as new titles in the Shop Channel. Can anyone who owns either of these tell me if the reason is that they were updated?

Thanks for the heads up about the weather channel, just was playing around with it, I like the setup a lot.

As for the VC games, I can confirm that Sonic has no update. Must just be a glitch that popped up.

Guest Smues
I want a Wii...

Yeah but I think thats a bad way for me to check the weather. I do NOT need to be turning on videogames while I'm rushing around at 7:00 to get to work on time..

Once the news channel launches I'll be really screwed.

Guest Princess Leena

Heh...

That's why I try not using the weather feature on XBox Media Center. :P

Thanks for the heads up about the weather channel, just was playing around with it, I like the setup a lot.

As for the VC games, I can confirm that Sonic has no update. Must just be a glitch that popped up.

No update on Mario, either.

Guest Princess Leena

This week sees two major additions to the Wii's functionality to go with gamers' morning coffee. On Friday, Nintendo will release the beta version of the Opera Web browser, enabling Internet-connected Wiis to surf the Web. The beta version will be available on the Wii Shop Channel for free.

The final version of the software will be available "at the end of March 2007" and will also be free through the end of June 2007. After that, new adopters will be charged 500 Wii Points ($5) for the application.

From Gamespot.

Good. I was hoping that the "trial version" didn't just mean that the first-come buyers would get the crap buggy version and everyone had to pay for the final.

I got Zelda, which is pretty much the most addictive game I've played since Lego Star Wars, and I also have Excite Truck and Red Steel. I know a lot has been said about Red Steel, but I actually like it. It took me about 30 minutes to get used to the control, then it was all fun. Excite Truck is ridiculously fun, even more with the custom soundtrack option. It's just a really simple racing game, but because of the way you control it and because they take the focus out of finishing first in each race, it all feels new and fresh. And the multiplayer mode is a lot of fun too.

Your going to have to explain that custom soundtrack thing because when I think custom soundtrack, I think of being able to play my own music that I have ripped to something and as far as I know, you can't save your own music to the Wii....or can you?

If you have MP3's saved on your SD card, Excite Truck and the Photo Channel can play those songs.

Precisely. When I play Excite Truck to the Initial D soundtrack, I just... do better.

Tell me more about how this works. I wasn't going to buy Excitetruck (when I do get my hands on a Wii), but if I can replace the game's soundtrack with loads of Eurobeat, that may very well change.

I got Zelda, which is pretty much the most addictive game I've played since Lego Star Wars, and I also have Excite Truck and Red Steel. I know a lot has been said about Red Steel, but I actually like it. It took me about 30 minutes to get used to the control, then it was all fun. Excite Truck is ridiculously fun, even more with the custom soundtrack option. It's just a really simple racing game, but because of the way you control it and because they take the focus out of finishing first in each race, it all feels new and fresh. And the multiplayer mode is a lot of fun too.

Your going to have to explain that custom soundtrack thing because when I think custom soundtrack, I think of being able to play my own music that I have ripped to something and as far as I know, you can't save your own music to the Wii....or can you?

If you have MP3's saved on your SD card, Excite Truck and the Photo Channel can play those songs.

Precisely. When I play Excite Truck to the Initial D soundtrack, I just... do better.

Tell me more about how this works. I wasn't going to buy Excitetruck (when I do get my hands on a Wii), but if I can replace the game's soundtrack with loads of Eurobeat, that may very well change.

If you have an SD card inserted while you play Excite Truck, it will read any MP3's you have on there and play them during the game. You can have up to 100 songs, I believe. You simply go into the menu when you start, go to the sound options and select SD card and away you go. Very easy, and definitely adds a lot to the game.

Unfortunately, you can't make playlists or anything. You get a list of all the tracks, and you can choose individual tracks to play, or random shuffle. But it's really not a big deal, it takes all of 4 seconds to change to another song if you want to go the individual route in the pause menu.

Yeah, I just picked some songs for each tracks, and it remembers them. So it's like each track has its own custom theme. Pretty cool.

Guest Princess Leena

XBox1 also had custom soundtracks.

It does help making quite a few games more playable.

XBox1 also had custom soundtracks.

It does help making quite a few games more playable.

I thought that feature was pretty wicked cool, but unfortunately the only games I ever played that allowed for custom soundtrack were RAW and RAW 2. Bleh.

There are 59 Mii's in my Mii parade now. And I don't know whose belong to who. If you made a Mii to represent yourself, and it's mingling, give the name of it, because seriously, I have FIFTY NINE.

The Mii named Ted represents me.

There are 59 Mii's in my Mii parade now. And I don't know whose belong to who. If you made a Mii to represent yourself, and it's mingling, give the name of it, because seriously, I have FIFTY NINE.

The Mii named Ted represents me.

Jeremy Parish (from 1up.com) actually has over 500 in his parade now. :P

shit, I wish I could get more Miis.. I've only picked up Tim and now, Rick Ross...

Oh, and my Mii should come up as UTBroward...

Remember that there aren't going to be as many Miis in your Plaza as in your Parade. Check the parade now and then--you can pluck Miis out of the parade and send them to the Plaza.

Most of the times I go into the parade, it pops up the phrase "..looks like no one is here.."

Only people from the list that've added me I think are you and Thoth.

Most of the times I go into the parade, it pops up the phrase "..looks like no one is here.."

Only people from the list that've added me I think are you and Thoth.

Strange...you should have at least gotten some from us.

I sent you B&B, BTW.

I've sent out a few Mii's to people, if you see a "Jordan" or I send one to you, that's who you can use to represent me.

I'm still waiting for my Beavis and Butthead, Andrew!

I've sent out a few Mii's to people, if you see a "Jordan" or I send one to you, that's who you can use to represent me.

I'm still waiting for my Beavis and Butthead, Andrew!

They're set to Mingle so they should have came by now.

However, I did get 4 from you, and sent B&B just now.

Guest Princess Leena
Got Super Swing Golf today, will post impressions later.

Much appreciated. This is the Wii game I really want at the moment.