TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Check out the pictures I posted... somewhere (CTDWAT?) of the museum area in the store back in May. Or click the link to my flickr page and find them. It's a really neat area of the store.

I would have thought that very few people would have bought the GC version of Twilight Princess, but it actually outsold the Wii version in December, which would mean it had to have sold around half a million.

Here, by the way, are the best selling games for December and for the whole year:

December 2006:

1. Gears of War - Xbox 360 (Microsoft)

2. Guitar Hero 2 Bundle- PS2 (Activision)

3. Madden NFL 07 - PS2 (Electronic Arts)

4. Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess - GCN (Nintendo)

5. Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Wii (Nintendo)

6. WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 - PS2 (THQ)

7. New Super Mario Bros. - NDS (Nintendo)

8. Call of Duty 3 - Xbox 360 (Activision)

9. Yoshi's Island 2 - NDS (Nintendo)

10. Call of Duty 3 - PS2 (Activision)

2006:

1. Madden NFL 07 - PS2 (Electronic Arts)

2. New Super Mario Bros. - NDS (Nintendo)

3. Gears of War - Xbox 360 (Microsoft)

4. Kingdom Hearts II - PS2 (Square Enix)

5. Guitar Hero 2 Bundle- PS2 (Activision)

6. Final Fantasy XII - PS2 (Square Enix)

7. Brain Age: Train Your Brain - NDS (Nintendo)

8. Madden NFL 07 - Xbox 360 (Electronic Arts)

9. Tom Clancy's GRAW - Xbox 360 (UbiSoft)

10. NCAA Football 07 - PS2 (Electronic Arts)

What's sales for TP Wii + TP GC?

I'd imagine lots of people if they couldn't give the Zelda love to the console they wanted (or weren't sold on one yet), they could give it to the one they were with.

Sales up 28%

Courtesy of NPD

HW Sales (month and LTD)

Nintendo DS 1.6 mm 9.2 mm

PS2 1.4 mm 37.1 mm

GBA 850.7 K 35.1 mm

Xbox 360 1.1 mm 4.5 mm

Wii 604.2 K 1.1 mm

PSP 953.2 K 6.7 mm

PS3 490.7 K 687.3 K

Top 10 Video Games - December 2006

360 GEARS OF WAR - MICROSOFT 815.7 K

PS2 GUITAR HERO 2 W/GUITAR - ACTIVISION 805.2 K

PS2 MADDEN NFL 07 - ELECTRONIC ARTS 737.1 K

GCN LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS - NINTENDO 532.9 K

WII LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS - NINTENDO 519.2 K

PS2 WWE SMACKDOWN VS. RAW 2007 - THQ 484.5 K

NDS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS - NINTENDO 427.5 K

360 CALL OF DUTY 3 - ACTIVISION 410.8 K

NDS YOSHI'S ISLAND 2 - NINTENDO 407.2 K

PS2 CALL OF DUTY 3 - ACTIVISION 365.3 K

Top 10 Video Games - Annual 2006

PS2 MADDEN NFL 07 - ELECTRONIC ARTS 2.8 mm

NDS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS - NINTENDO 2.0 mm

360 GEARS OF WAR - MICROSOFT 1.8 mm

PS2 KINGDOM HEARTS II - SQUARE ENIX 1.7 mm

PS2 GUITAR HERO 2 W/GUITAR - ACTIVISION 1.3 mm

PS2 FINAL FANTASY XII - SQUARE ENIX 1.3 mm

NDS BRAIN AGE: TRAIN YOUR BRAIN - NINTENDO 1.1mm

360 MADDEN NFL 07 - ELECTRONIC ARTS 1.1mm

360 TOM CLANCY'S GRAW - UBISOFT 1.0 mm

PS2 NCAA FOOTBALL 07- ELECTRONIC ARTS 1.0 mm

Top 10 Titles - December 2006 INCLUDES ALL PLATFORMS (consoles and portables)

Madden NFL 07 - Electronic Arts 1.9 mm

Call Of Duty 3 - Activision 1.1 mm

Cars - THQ 874.0 k

Need for Speed: Carbon - Electronic Arts 871.6 k

360 GEARS OF WAR - MICROSOFT 815.7 K

PS2 GUITAR HERO 2 W/GUITAR - ACTIVISION 805.2 K

Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy - LucasArts 792.3 K

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 - THQ 731.6 K

Tony Hawk's Project 8 - Activision 713.9 K

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Activision 642.9 K

Top 10 Accessory Items - December 2006 Units

360 WIRELESS CONTROLLER 823.8 k

WII REMOTE CONTROLLER 646.7 k

WII NUNCHUK CONTROLLER 497.1 k

PS2 8 MEG MEMORY CARD 474.8 k

PS3 SIXAXIS WIRELESS CONTROLLER 336.0 k

PS2 MEMORY CARD 8 MEG 286.0 k

PS2/PS DUAL SHOCK2 CONTL 263.4 k

PS2/PS BLUE DL SH2 CNTL 245.2 k

360 PLAY & CHARGE KIT 224.6 k

PS2 CORDLESS ACTION CNTLR 219.9 k

Yeah, it's interesting to see the December sales, but we're not really going to get an idea of how much demand there actually is for the new systems until Sony and Nintendo get caught up and can actually supply systems to everyone who wants them.

The sales number that jumped out at me was Guitar Hero 2. 1.3 million copies?! More than FF12 for the year?! Holy shit. I had no idea it was that mainstream.

Yeah, Guitar Hero is huge with a ton of people. I can't go into a Walmart or video game store or any other place that has displays and not see someone playing it. People of all ages too, it's insane.

But great.

They sold out everywhere and continue to do so. The problem is that they just didn't produce and ship enough.

I've been trying to say that for a month here but it hasn't stopped most from throwing a party for Nintendo.

PSP outsold Wii in December. :headbang:

They sold out everywhere and continue to do so. The problem is that they just didn't produce and ship enough.

I've been trying to say that for a month here but it hasn't stopped most from throwing a party for Nintendo.

PSP outsold Wii in December. :headbang:

I don't even get why PSP is still around. It's not about the gaming anymore. First off, they have alienated themselves from a widespread demographic. Getting the kids, and teens and older people has worked for the DS, hence the MASSIVE sales. I see a little kid with a PSP, and they don't know what to do with it. And for other people I know, it's either an mp3 player, or they have like one game for it and haven't bothered with it.

I don't even get why PSP is still around.

Cause it's a kickass UMD player dood~! Those UMDs are the wave of the future. When Sony owns the portable movie market with this amazing proprietary technology you don't want to get caught like a chump and not own a PSP.

Guest Smues

Can we please try to keep the system threads on topic about the system in question for the most part? PSP bashing doesn't fit in this thread. Back on topic: A bunch of my co-workers were over tonight for some Wii multiplayer madness. The games of choice were Wii sports, Excite Truck (nothing shows what a dork you are to your co-workers more than racing trucks to "I wanna be a Hulkamaniac") and Rayman Raving Ravids. It was the first time I'd played any multiplayer Wii outside of bowling and it was a shitload of fun. The Wii truely is the ultimate 'lots of people' console. Also, making Miis of other co-workers who aren't there is fun.

Oh, and whoever made Oriental, my co-workers love you.

I guess this is slightly Wii-related since there's a game in the series coming for Wii, but I was really shocked that Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life has sold over half a million copies in the US.

I think the Mii Channel needs more moustache options. I can't make a good Rick Rude or Tobias Funke Mii with what they've got now.

Hardware sales weren't very good for Wii.

Sure they were, They sold every unit and sold more than the PS3, I don't see how the sales weren't good at all.

And lets compare the PSP sales to the system that it's competiting with, say the DS. But if we want to compare apples to oranges then the DS beat out the PS3 by a rediculous ammount.

DS outsold everything...and to think, in North America of all places.

And yes, Wii sold every system...but so did PS3 as far as we can tell. So what does it matter if DS unsold it, PSP outsold it, or 360 outsold it?

Wii! PS3! Shortages! Take sales figures in context!

Anya knows it, but still finds it funny regardless of context. She said, "psp is crappy it shouldnt outsell anything."

Of course it isn't a fair comparison. I just find it funny because everyone on this board is freaking out about how much of a success Wii is and how PS3 and PSP are doomed. We just had Mole go on about how Wii could break PS2's record!

Guest Ninja

My brother brought home a Wii today and I was pleasantly surprised. Played some Wii sports and a bit of Zelda. It's a fun system, even though I've not really been dying to want or play one recently. I was more hyped about it like 6 months ago. But still, owning a Wii is awesome.

Man, school is really going to tack a backseat to this, WoW (which my brother also bought recently), Buffy (12 more eps of season 7 to go!), a bunch of other shows I need to catch up on, as well as tons of PS2/1 RPGs in my backlog.

Guest Smues
My brother brought home a Wii today and I was pleasantly surprised. Played some Wii sports and a bit of Zelda. It's a fun system, even though I've not really been dying to want or play one recently. I was more hyped about it like 6 months ago. But still, owning a Wii is awesome.

Man, school is really going to tack a backseat to this, WoW (which my brother also bought recently), Buffy (12 more eps of season 7 to go!), a bunch of other shows I need to catch up on, as well as tons of PS2/1 RPGs in my backlog.

Moto Roader, R-Type III: The Third Lighting, and Xevious. I'll probably buy R-Type 3. What's Xevious?

A simple frequency change on the Wii screwed up my TV good. Have to wait a week for someone to come look at it.