TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Per Wikipedia, here's the new additions to the Virtual Console:

• Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (NES, 500 pts)
  • Metal Marines (SNES, 800 pts)
  • Gate of Thunder (TG-16, 800 pts)
TDSoC is probably the best Ninja Gaiden, from top to bottom. The shadow clones are a great gameplay addition and the stages seem to be a bit tighter overall. I'd say it's probably worth the $5 drop.

Metal Marines is a nice little turn-based strategy game, but it's not so outstanding that I'd put $8 down for it.

Never played Gate of Thunder, though it's very well reviewed for a shoot 'em up. It's a TurboDuo game (and, in fact, it's the original pack-in for the system), hence the bumped price point.

Heh, I also use wikipedia to check the VC updates.

As soon as I get this WiFi adapter situation worked out (Nintendo wants me to e-mail them a bunch of information about it as well as detail steps I've taken to fix it already) I will be jumping on Ninja Gaiden II.

Okami for Wii = highly recommended purchase if you like Zelda but didn't buy Okami on PS2/didn't own a PS2.

And if you didn't buy it when it came out on PS2, you suck and should buy it or this version.

Plus if you own an HDTV, the Wii version would be the way to go. My PS2 version looks like complete ass. Even more so than most PS2 games on an HDTV.

Anyone know if GH3 is going to offer downloads of older GH tracks for 1 & 2? I'm planning on getting the Wii version of it and really don't see a reason to keep my PS2 guitar + GH2 unless I won't be able to get those tracks again down the road when they start up the online thing.

Capcom's Okami is comfirmed for Wii:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor-confirmed/o...rmed-312378.php

i wanna buy it.

I bought a second hand PS2 for this and God Hand and the only thing I kept saying while playing Okami apart from "this game is awesome" was, "this game would be much better on the wii".

Guest Smues

The best part of that video is now I get to randomly yell STAR GET! Like I used to be able to do with SHINE GET!

I don't think you'll see any downloadable content on Wii until there's some sort of external hard drive.

I think you can transfer files off of the SD card onto your PC? I know you can download saves on your PC, put them on an SD card and have the Nintendo/game utilize the save. That seems to be the most sense, especially when you can get 2 GB SD cards (max size it accepts) pretty cheap and most people have large HDs now.

That makes more sense to me than buying an expensive hard drive add on.

SD cards would be the most feasible, depending on how much space song packs would take up.

I'd heard DLC is more or less confirmed for Wii, but the exact method for getting it to work due to the lack of much internal memory on Wii was an issue.

However, a hard drive would, ultimately, be less expense than purchasing multiple SD cards, if it comes to that.

I've seen 1GB sticks retail for 60 bucks. 512's aren't so bad, but think of what just a couple of 'em cost. A hard drive would have been a one-time expense.

Granted, it isn't an issue now, but it really screws up potential for DLC, downloading wii game demos is out, and an included hard drive could have offset some of the Wii's limitations when it came out to open-world game titles by caching lots of data on the drive.

So the news bouncing the GAME big wigs in the UK is that the UK is only getting 800,000 Wii's delivered between now and Christmas. That isn't GAME's allocation, that's general allocation from Nintendo Europe.

Proper nightmare.

We had people fighting over the last Wii last year, it's going to be as worse this year.

So the news bouncing the GAME big wigs in the UK is that the UK is only getting 800,000 Wii's delivered between now and Christmas. That isn't GAME's allocation, that's general allocation from Nintendo Europe.

Proper nightmare.

We had people fighting over the last Wii last year, it's going to be as worse this year.

I had to buy on from Reading today for my cousin's daughter as they were sold out throughout Liverpool, Skem and Wigan. I phoned Toys R Us and they told me that they had 14. I got there, they only had 4 left.

If you're planning on buying one for a loved one at Xmas, buy it now.

RE: Simpsons - I'm not too fused on it, but Andrew informed me that you can unlock the Simpsons arcade game. So I'm sold. No Simpsons game will top Mr. Burns stealing Maggie.

EDIT: I apperantly jumped to conclusions regarding the Simpsons arcade game.

SD cards would be the most feasible, depending on how much space song packs would take up.

I'd heard DLC is more or less confirmed for Wii, but the exact method for getting it to work due to the lack of much internal memory on Wii was an issue.

However, a hard drive would, ultimately, be less expense than purchasing multiple SD cards, if it comes to that.

I've seen 1GB sticks retail for 60 bucks. 512's aren't so bad, but think of what just a couple of 'em cost. A hard drive would have been a one-time expense.

Granted, it isn't an issue now, but it really screws up potential for DLC, downloading wii game demos is out, and an included hard drive could have offset some of the Wii's limitations when it came out to open-world game titles by caching lots of data on the drive.

1GB for $60? They are like $19.99 at Walmart.

New Virtual Console releases, per Wikipedia:

• Golden Axe III (Genesis, 800 pts)
  • Lunar Pool (NES, 500 pts)
  • Ninja Jajamaru-kun (NES, 600 pts)
I like the idea of unreleased NA content as much as the next guy, but rarity does not equate quality; there might be a reason that Golden Axe III never made it stateside outside of a Sega Channel download. And I'm not even going to ask about the Ninja game, which apparently was launched on the VC to commemorate Ninja Week for the Hanabi festival in Japan. Finally, there's Lunar Pool, which is the only game here that saw an American release - it's a diversion for about 15 minutes, at the most.

I can't ever foresee any regular VC release ever trumping Urban Champion Week as the worst ever, but this round of crap makes a strong case for placement as #2 on the list.

So...is Nintendo still short shipping stores on these things? I'm no longer actively pursuing one, but whenever I'm at Best Buy or Walmart or wherever I'll take a look to see if they have any in and they're always out of them.

I personally know a few people at work who were amazed I have a Nintendo because they've wanted one for almost a year and can never find one around locally. I guess it paid off to stand in front of Target for 3 hours in the cold to get one last November.

I found a $50 gift card to the mall and a $20 gift card to Game Crazy. I already used the $50 one to get a classic controller, 2000 point card and $5 preorder on the Simpsons. I Think Im going to use the $20 towards SvR08. That'll leave SB and SMG as games I'll either hope to get as gifts for christmas or buy with money I get for Christmas.

That's a good deal, but mail in rebates? C'mon, what is this, 1982?

You say that like you havent seen a Best Buy/Circuit City circular in about 25 years either. The RS price was I think $39 with a $20 rebate. Ive never had problems with rebates before, so I dont understand why people are so against them.

You say that like you havent seen a Best Buy/Circuit City circular in about 25 years either. The RS price was I think $39 with a $20 rebate. Ive never had problems with rebates before, so I dont understand why people are so against them.

Circular? A flyer? I don't read those. Besides, snail-mailing something for me would take about as long as it took you to get your friggin' Wii online.

Circular? A flyer? I don't read those. Besides, snail-mailing something for me would take about as long as it took you to get your friggin' Wii online.

You do realize a lot of places have online rebates right? In fact, most of Staples rebates are online only and you dont have to clip any upc codes or send any receipts. This is the way most rebates are going, and you get money back in 6-8 weeks instead of 6 months.

I sent my Sprint Rebate via mail but also registered it online back in the beginning of August for $50 on my EVDO modem and I got the money back at the end of September.