TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

yeah i just downloaded an n64 emulator so i can play all the good games.

All I have to say is that Donkey Kong 64 triumphs (except maybe Mario Kart)

I have a feeling that they're saving both Mario 3 and Mario RPG when Mario Galaxy comes out.

That's just my feeling. We'll see if I'm right or wrong on that.

Perhaps the original N64 Smash Bros when SSBB comes out.

I wouldn't mind that.

I miss the Master Hand theme from that game. It was cool.

Agreed, I'd download it.

I can't get my wii back online, what was the update?

No update, just an email from Nintendo about "Wiimote jackets" - protective covering for Wiimotes for those prone to dropping/throwing them. They will start to be packed in w/ Wii's & Wiimotes, but Nintendo is offering them for free to anyone who already has purchased a Wii. If you go to Nintendo's website, you can order up to 4 "jackets".

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/jacket/jacketrequest.jsp

project.jpg

Anyone hear any rumblings about Gameboy or GBA games on the VC? I just thought of that today and it would be pretty cool.

I'm thinking that the next gen DS (or Gameboy or whatever) will have internal storage capacity and there will be a different online "Virtual Handheld" store to buy classic games from. Or you'll be able to sync it with the Wii/Wii2 and transfer from there.

At least I think that would be a good idea to do.

That would be cool.

For this gen's Wii, I'd love to see a GBA emulator on the VC. They had one for the Gamecube, a peripheral, didn't they? It shouldn't be that much of a stretch to see GBA/GB games on the VC. Maybe one day... :)

Gameboy games maybe, but you can play GBA games on the DS. And I imagine, Ninentedo expect most of us to own one.

Nintendo could release a package with a DS cartridge for the allowing of playing VC games. The DS cartridge would contain the relevant emulators, etc. The VC games themselves could be stored on a memory cartridge in the GBA slot.

Envision:

I buy a Game boy game on the VC, and download it to my DS's GBA memory cartridge. To get people to buy this, they could package a Wii points card with the DS and GBA modules.

Holy fuck I would be all over that. Even the ability to put the other console games on that cart would so rule. ;)

But then how would Square sell you 50 more copies of Final Fantasy 1-6 if you could just pay once to get the original? Oh right, by not releasing any over the virtual console.

But yeah, I've got a clamorin' for some classic Gameboy games that I can't play on my DS so Nintendo should get on this.

Well, I don't know about you, but by December I'll at least have Guitar Hero III, Galaxy, and Brawl. That's one a month, and my wallet is already crying. I'm not saying that I want them to release less games, but I can't remember the last time I was buying so many games in one stretch.

And I may swallow my pride and buy MLB Power Pros before then.

I'd like to see some classic GB games on the VC, in particular, Donkey Kong and Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (my personal favourite Zelda game).

Neo Geo VC Games Hit Monday - from IGN: http://wii.ign.com/articles/825/825470p1.html

NeoGeo Has Arrived

SNK hits Virtual Console this Monday. Launch games inside.

by Bozon

October 5, 2007 - Ever since SNK announced VC support months ago retro fans have been not-so-patiently waiting for the system's virtual debut. With such titles as King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, Metal Slug, and countless others, NeoGeo earned its place in history as the arcade-lover's console, charging outrageous prices for a perfect arcade experience at home. For nearly one-tenth the original price, however, you can now download those exact arcade-perfect games onto Virtual Console.

Starting next Monday, SNK will be available on Virtual Console at a much more affordable price than ever released. Kicking off the system's launch are three must-have titles for any fighting fan, as SNK has selected Fatal Fury, World Heroes, and Art of Fighting as its debut games. Each title will be hitting the Wii Shop Channel at the system's standard price of 900 points a pop; well worth ever penny in our opinions.

Per usual, we've included Nintendo's official game descriptions below. Start cashing in your pennies now kiddies; Wii points just became more valuable than Disney fun-money.

FATAL FURY (NEOGEO, 1-2 players, rated T for Teen - Violence, 900 Wii Points): Released in 1991 and one of the longest-running series in the fighting-game genre, this title introduced players to Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard and Joe Higashi. Select one of the three and visit many locations as your chosen fighter engages in numerous street fights around the fictional city of South Town. If you're good enough, you'll eventually take on Billy Kane and then his boss, the notorious crime lord Geese Howard. Use each fighter's own finishing maneuver and battle in two different planes on the screen, one in the foreground and the other farther away in the background. The game also features a two-player mode that is well known for its unique setup, which allows fighters to both fight and help each other. Do you have what it takes to win the King of Fighters tournament?

WORLD HEROES (NEOGEO, 1-2 players, rated T for Teen - Animated Blood, Violence, 900 Wii Points): A fighting game released in 1992 featuring eight characters, including Hanzo, Janne and Rasputin, modeled on historical figures from throughout the ages. The fighters compete against each other to become the world's toughest combatant, with players using a setup consisting of only three buttons (one each for punching, kicking and throwing). Adding to this unique system is the fact that the strength of your offensive blow depends on how long the button is pressed and held. Along with regular match styles, Death Match mode is also available and features mines, electrified ropes and other dangerous objects in the battle arena that can change conditions during the fight or damage players. Enjoy the wide range of combat forms as you take on history's best!

ART OF FIGHTING (NEOGEO, 1-2 players, rated T for Teen - Animated Blood, Violence, 900 Wii Points): This fighting game, released in 1992, began the story of the Sakazaki family and Robert Garcia, further developed in two later sequels. Yuri Sakazaki has been abducted by Mr. Big to punish her father, Takuma, and her brother, Ryo. To rescue her, Ryo and Robert must take on numerous enemies around South Town, eventually reaching the mysterious Mr. Karate. The passion of the game's creators is evident in the unique game-play elements introduced. These include an energy gauge that is depleted every time a fighter uses a special maneuver, Desperation Attacks that are usable only when a fighter's health is low and camera zooming that adjusts on the fly as fighters move around the stage. All these features ensure that players use strategy and tactics, rather than simply mash buttons. Adding to the mix are little touches such as characters showing cuts when they are injured and voice-over samples during cut scenes. Can you perfect the art of fighting and save Yuri?

True that, I was hoping for some better titles.. but I guess this is just a start. Does the VC only have 3 games max per Monday, regardless of the system they're for? If so I think they really need to bump that number up a bit. Maybe 1 game for each of the systems on the VC or something like that...

They did 4 a week last year since the launch. Then, ever since the horror that was Urban Champion Week, they've done 1-3, but usually if it's one just game it's a really really good one.

We might be seeing 4 per week soon. Europe got their first Neo Geo game today, so that means we'll probably get it on Monday. Combine that with Turbo CD games coming out, and I think we'll be getting 4 more often.

There's really no reason they can't do 4. Other than, you know, *greed*.

Also, enough weak sauce releases. There should never, EVER be another Urban Champion week. There's no excuse for not having 4 *good* games released every week.

Plus, as I mentioned in the Wii numbers thread, get on some sort of online enhancements. You're going to have to have it ready for Brawl, anyway, N. Some online competitive Dr. Mario--something!

Also, sent Reggie Kong over to Square to smack some sense into them, because they have more good games they *could* put on VC and aren't, and they haven't announced for a DS treatment either.

I cant believe you guys are getting hyped about old games being released on the Wii VC. Shouldnt you buy a system more for the games coming out then paying again for games you probably owned in the past?

Wii is turning into a place more for retro gamers.

Well, consider this:

-Last week, N released Sin and Punishment, a previously import-only game that was still mighty expensive to track down the original cart for. You can now download it for about 1/4 of the cart's secondary market cost.

-Lots of people don't have room to hook up a Genesis, NES, etc, or may not have the systems any longer.

-Chances are, unless your family was rich, you never owned a Neo Geo. The eventual release of some good Neo Geo titles is interesting.

-The Virtual Console emulation, with perhaps the exception of TG-16, is basically top notch, unlike those found in some compilation packs and some other standalone downloads.

-The N64 games are, save for the lack of rumble, generally *superior* to their original releases, free of annoying blurring and graininess. Plus, using a better controller is a plus, too. I want Goldeneye not simply for nostalgic purposes, but because it will *look* and *play* better on Virtual Console.

-What is wrong with Retrogaming? Apparently nothing, because N, S, and MS all offer similar services, to some extent.

I can't and won't justify buying Sonic 2 for 8 bucks when I own it in tons of other perfectly acceptable forms. Other people can. That's why variety and quality on Virtual Console makes it appealing. Although, anyone who downloaded Urban Champion should be considered legally insane.

Oh, and have you seen the Wii release schedule, lately? It's pretty much a black hole of suck between the releases of Prime 3 and Smash/Galaxy.

I cant believe you guys are getting hyped about old games being released on the Wii VC. Shouldnt you buy a system more for the games coming out then paying again for games you probably owned in the past?

Wii is turning into a place more for retro gamers.

Maybe if the current generation of games weren't so full of shit (I'm not just talking about Wii games here, either) then we'd be excited for them instead.

I was reading on the FPC board that apparently you can switch your country, in Wii settings, to Japan and then download from the Japanese VC.. except you'll lose any points currently on your account. Anyone know anything about this?

I should probably turn on my Wii once in a while so it feels like it's getting used.

I think I should start playing some games online to spark my interest.

Speaking of Retro games, IGN is saying that Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, and World Heroes are all releasing on the VC tomorrow.

I hope we get something else besides those.

Oh, and have you seen the Wii release schedule, lately? It's pretty much a black hole of suck between the releases of Prime 3 and Smash/Galaxy.

Guitar Hero III.