TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Power Pros 2008 confirmed. If you haven't played the original, you're missing out, as its one of the best baseball games I've ever played. Even the ultra-cheesy theme song.

2K Sports, the sports publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), and Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., today announced the next iteration of the wildly popular baseball franchise, MLB Power Pros 2008, scheduled to be available for Wii home video game system from Nintendo and PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system this July, as well as Nintendo DS later this fall. As the highest-rated and top-selling baseball title in Japan, MLB Power Pros was available in North America for the first time last year. Its comedic visual appeal of miniature Major League Baseball player models has attracted a dedicated following through its easy-to-use controls and addictively fun gameplay experience.

With over ten different exciting game modes including the traditional Practice, Exhibition, League and Home Run Challenge modes, MLB Power Pros 2008 will bring fans closer to the action than ever before. Gamers also get the opportunity to act as general manager and control the destiny of their own franchise in Season mode, or engage in entertaining role-playing story modes such as Success and MLB Life modes. As general manager, gamers can trade, sign free agents, coordinate practice schedules, purchase new equipment, call up and send down players from the Minor Leagues, along with other management options to bring in fans, win playoff games and eventually, earn the title of World Series champion.

MLB Power Pros 2008, developed by Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., is not yet rated by the ESRB, and will be available for Wii and the PlayStation 2 system this July, as well as Nintendo DS later this fall.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/872/872668p1.html

I've decided the sensor bar on my Wii is just too damn unsturdy. That thing's constantly getting caught and falling behind the TV cabinet. Damn thin cable.

I downloaded Kirby's Adventure. After years of avoiding Kirby games I'm starting to wonder why, it's pretty good!

And a lot better than Kid Icarus.

Power Pros 2008 confirmed. If you haven't played the original, you're missing out, as its one of the best baseball games I've ever played. Even the ultra-cheesy theme song.

On that note, a vid about the original:

I have to say I really enjoyed the last three weeks of VC releases and that they were themed around Aksys beat-em-ups: River City Ransom, Double Dragon & Renegage. I'd love to see a wrestling themed set of weeks where we get NES Pro Wrestling, NES Tecmo World Wrestling and maybe even a SNES Fire Pro like Special or X Premium. That would kick ass.

I've decided the sensor bar on my Wii is just too damn unsturdy. That thing's constantly getting caught and falling behind the TV cabinet. Damn thin cable.

It has sticky things on the bottom to stick it to a surface to keep it in place..

I'm kinda intrigued by this Final Fantasy WiiWare game. If I didn't have Mario Kart and Lego Star Wars: Complete Trilogy (bought right before Kart came out, so I haven't go too far into the game) to play, I'd consider purchasing it. It does look a little pricey, though.

I bought it but haven't played it yet.

Instead I just spent about an hour just mindlessly playing Defend the Castle. The game is FUN and I love the bomb sound. Whoosh!

I put an hour into My Life As A King. It's a pretty fun game, but the beginning is tedious as it sometimes is. You get everything explained to you in excruciating detail.

The pay as you play, if you were wondering, are some dungeons to explore that allow you to train different warriors when they are beaten and some wardrobe changes.

Guest Smues

Some kind of rechargable batteries and charger. There are cool ones that come with batteries for 2 wiimotes and a charging stand that holds both at once. Also you'll probably want extra nunchuks and some classic controllers. Oh and a good sized SD card.

If you plan on getting any gun shooters like House of the Dead, do yourself a favour and pick up a pair of Nyko Perfect Shots. Probably the best add-on to a Wiimote that I've ever used. Plus they're only like $14 each.

All right, so I finally got a Wii. Are there any accessories that are considered "essential" (besides a second Wiimote) that I should run out and buy?

Wii Numbers thread, post your stuff, kay thanx.

If you plan on getting any gun shooters like House of the Dead, do yourself a favour and pick up a pair of Nyko Perfect Shots. Probably the best add-on to a Wiimote that I've ever used. Plus they're only like $14 each.

Where did you find these? I've looked around in brick-&-mortar stores, with no luck.

All right, so I finally got a Wii. Are there any accessories that are considered "essential" (besides a second Wiimote) that I should run out and buy?

Wii Numbers thread, post your stuff, kay thanx.

Where did you find these? I've looked around in brick-&-mortar stores, with no luck.

I got mine at HMV.. found em by sheer luck I think. You'll probably need to get them online now though as I haven't seen them in-store since then.

I got TWO Wii Perfect Shots. EBStop may have them behind the counter at your place, for some unfathomable reason. I think they're expected to try to boost the Wii Zapper over it (although that doesn't explain the Blaster always being around).

I'll probably try to see if I can find a used Link's Crossbow Training somewhere, because, you know...

Yeah, the blaster is awful. I hated having to have both hands on the device like it was a tommygun, not free to move how I want.. also the trigger is total ass.

It's been nigh impossible to find a Wii in Southern California. I just saw one in a store for the first time ever, last night. 'Twas at a Perris, CA Wal-Mart. Of course, I finally find one when I don't have the $20 + tax to spend on it. Grr.

Fuck me, My Life as a King is addictive! I keep saying, "okay, one more day and then I'll vacuum..." or "make dinner..." and so on.

I have downloaded:

Star Tropics

Sin and Punishment

Link to the Past

Neutopia

Neutopia II

Wave Race 64

Mario 64

Mario 3

Paper Mario

Bonk's Revenge

Eternal Champions

Castlevania II

Castlevania IV

Splatterhouse

LostWinds

Defend Your Castle

And my "W!!" is already full! That's not 512 MB worth of stuff!

Even so, Mario 64 is only 8 MB. I know that for sure. Wave Race is somewhere between 8 and 16. Paper Mario is bigger, probably somewhere around 48. Sin and Punishment, I don't know. I'd guess 32. But still. BUT STILL.

Guest Smues

Demos, wii channels, large save games? Those could be eating your space too.

Yeah the Wii channels take up a shit load of space. Deleting 'Everybody Votes' and 'Mii Contest' was the best things I did for my Wii.