TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

In downtown LA I could have gotten 3 suits (the whole shebang plus shoes) for $400. Good suits too.

In LA?!

Either I went to the wrong stores, or I got taken for a ride. I got a Burberry suit for around 300 or so.

In downtown LA I could have gotten 3 suits (the whole shebang plus shoes) for $400. Good suits too.

In LA?!

Either I went to the wrong stores, or I got taken for a ride. I got a Burberry suit for around 300 or so.

They were running commercials for months!

3 suits!

3 pants!

3 shoes!

3 shirts!

3 ties!

$399!

I can't remember the particular store, but they were pretty decent brands.

edit: Burberry does good work. Their cologne is great, too.

I do live in a big city..........

No you don't, you live in Oklahoma City. You can't be a big city if the two biggest things you're famous for are

1- A bombing

2- ...

You live in a city. I mean a big city - New York/LA/Chicago/Dallas maybe... somewhere that would have a garment district. In downtown LA I could have gotten 3 suits (the whole shebang plus shoes) for $400. Good suits too. It isn't important, you didn't pay for it, but just know... if you gotta get a suit... don't pay that much unless it's Italian.

Like, from Italy. Not "Pronto Uomo".

It's the 3rd largest city in the country area wise....big enough. It's not as big as those cities but they're some of the largest in the country. It's still a big city despite what prejudice or misconceptions you have.

To a dude!? When did I say that? Can't fiance refer to a female as well? What the hell am I supposed to call her? That broad I'm marrying?

Ah, another thing that angers me. People that have a preconceived misconception about a place because the media or somebody told them the place was crap or entertainment lambasts it despite not knowing what hte fuck it's talking about.

Ah, another thing that angers me. People that have a preconceived misconception about a place because the media or somebody told them the place was crap or entertainment lambasts it despite not knowing what hte fuck it's talking about.

I'll agree. I'm pretty much from Flint, MI. Which is looked upon as one of the most violent cities in America. I've never had troubles there

just checked.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0921299.html

#3 last year

To a dude!? When did I say that? Can't fiance refer to a female as well? What the hell am I supposed to call her? That broad I'm marrying?

Just a little joke I like to make...fiance is a man, fiancee (extra e) is a woman. One of the quirks of the French language.

Just a little joke I like to make...fiance is a man, fiancee (extra e) is a woman. One of the quirks of the French language.

See Rene vs Renee as a name.

Your fiancee's grandma got hosed still.

And talk to me about the regional thing. I live in UTAH.

Quiet, you polygamist cult weirdo. Although being a native Tennessean I must admire your practice of treating women as subservient babymakers, keeping your gun collection handy at all times, and staunchly believing that your spinoff-of-a-spinoff religion is the right one.

It's the 3rd largest city in the country area wise....big enough.

What? How does that work? That means that out of the list of New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas-Forth Worth, Miami, Boston, San Francisco, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Houston, Indianapolis, Orlando, Memphis, Denver, Seattle... somehow OKC is bigger than all but two cities on that list? Are we talking just some kind of technicality where their incorporated county land happens to cover more area than usual?

I'm leaning toward some weird bylaw that has a shitload of pasture as part of OKC. Technically the town right next to where I live is "bigger" size wise, but they have a gas station and no schools. Go farmland!

But what do I know, I'm just a whack job cultist. ;)

Although another town nearby mandates gun ownership to live within city limits.

*goes off to clean his shotgun*

Hmmm, 7 ain't bad. Someone told me it was 3. Oklahoma City is really spread out. If you've ever been here you'll drive around and where you think you'd be in a suburb in a place like Dallas you're still in Oklahoma City. It's just a very large spread out city. Also, there's not farm land around the city. Another misconception that we're nothing but farmers here.

I never said the city was the largest populationwise. Those cities you listed have huge populations. Population wise OKC is 30th. I guess that's better than dead last like most people probably think it is. Then again some ignorant people think we ride horses, fight indians and use the bathroom in outhouses.

It's the 3rd largest city in the country area wise....big enough.

What? How does that work? That means that out of the list of New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas-Forth Worth, Miami, Boston, San Francisco, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Houston, Indianapolis, Orlando, Memphis, Denver, Seattle... somehow OKC is bigger than all but two cities on that list? Are we talking just some kind of technicality where their incorporated county land happens to cover more area than usual?

San Francisco is pretty damn small, though. It's probably the littlest "big city" of them all.

Don't know, never been there. Aside from the top 4 or 5, I have no idea which cities are actually bigger than OKC, so I just listed a bunch to make sure.

I'll agree. I'm pretty much from Flint, MI. Which is looked upon as one of the most violent cities in America. I've never had troubles there

just checked.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0921299.html

#3 last year

That safest "cities" list is a bunch of BS. It's just a bunch of suburbs. How can Buffalo and Cleveland be in the top 25 most dangerous cities while suburbs like Amherst, NY and Parma, Oh be in the top 25 safest?

Yeah, it is. What?

Based on what?

With the Port of LA being America's largest point and LA being the media capital of the world, I don't know how you could rate SF as more "important." Chicago is the third largest city, important transportation hub, and and has important agrocultural markets. SF seems like a nice place to vacation and has a lot of gay pepole. I don't get why it's so important.

SF seems like a nice place to vacation and has a lot of gay pepole. I don't get why it's so important.

SF is rad, fool. It's pretty much Manhattan of the West.

Besides, it's only gay on one street. Granted, it's a big fucking street and it's ALL gay people, but Castro Street as opposed to Mission or Market? HUGE difference.

...that didn't answer your question, did it?

Ah well.

Yeah, it is. What?

Based on what?

With the Port of LA being America's largest point and LA being the media capital of the world, I don't know how you could rate SF as more "important." Chicago is the third largest city, important transportation hub, and and has important agrocultural markets. SF seems like a nice place to vacation and has a lot of gay pepole. I don't get why it's so important.

He lives there.

God damn it, Damaramu, Oklahoma City is not a big city because it sprawls. OKC is smaller than Portland, Oregon. PDX isn't a big city. Charlotte isn't a big city. New York, LA, Phila, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco... these are big cities. I don't have misconceptions about the place, but apparently you do, like how - for example - it's a big city. I know OKC has museums and theaters and hip neighborhoods and all that, maybe it's just a matter of perception, but I don't think the 30th largest city in this country qualifies.

are they meaning big as in square miles? or big as in population? population density? some other criteria?

God damn it, Damaramu, Oklahoma City is not a big city because it sprawls. OKC is smaller than Portland, Oregon. PDX isn't a big city. Charlotte isn't a big city. New York, LA, Phila, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco... these are big cities. I don't have misconceptions about the place, but apparently you do, like how - for example - it's a big city. I know OKC has museums and theaters and hip neighborhoods and all that, maybe it's just a matter of perception, but I don't think the 30th largest city in this country qualifies.

Because it sprawls it's small? Are you saying the downtown area is the only area that counts as far as city-size? Well I'm glad it didn't build on top of itself and become a giant mess like those cities mentioned. I prefer it sprawling out.

There are big cities, and then there are Big Cities, know what I mean? I'd consider Oklahoma a big city but not a Big City. If Oklahoma City is a Big City, then Ottawa is a Big City. They're pretty much the exact same size. And I don't consider Ottawa a Big City at all.