TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

Ah, another thing that angers me. People that have a preconceived misconception about a place because the media or somebody told them the place was crap or entertainment lambasts it despite not knowing what hte fuck it's talking about.

I'll agree. I'm pretty much from Flint, MI. Which is looked upon as one of the most violent cities in America. I've never had troubles there

just checked.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0921299.html

#3 last year

That safest "cities" list is a bunch of BS. It's just a bunch of suburbs. How can Buffalo and Cleveland be in the top 25 most dangerous cities while suburbs like Amherst, NY and Parma, Oh be in the top 25 safest?

Buffalo is only 24th? I thought it would have been higher.

Are you saying the downtown area is the only area that counts as far as city-size?

For this kind of comparison, yeah.

I usually get out at work around 2am, and on my way home listen to Fox sports radio...and the guy doing baseball scored just does the worst puns. For example

The Indians TONY THE TIGERS 2-1

The Marlins BOOTLEG THE PIRATES 4-2

The Padres ANDRE THE GIANTS 8-0

and it's on and on and the same ones over and over again.

I really hate personalized license plates. I don't want to know that it is "My Honda" or something just as unoriginal. Yesterday I was following BS Psych.

I hate license plate frames with stupid sayings. I don't care what your other car is.

I really hate personalized license plates. I don't want to know that it is "My Honda" or something just as unoriginal. Yesterday I was following BS Psych.

I hate license plate frames with stupid sayings. I don't care what your other car is.

I'll have to admit I saw one that was upside down and said, "If you can read me, flip me over" and I laughed for a good five minutes.

Amen, brother. I was behind a woman who had "MYPRSH2" on her car, which leads me to believe, 1. This is her second Porsche, or 2. She has TWO Porsche's NOW and she's driving the other one. Spoiled twat.

and the ONLY good license plate cover is "My Other Car is the Millennium Falcon." That's awesome.

Tying in with the bumper related topic. Fuck Bumper Stickers. I've seen like maybe 3 clever ones in my life, the rest are either politico bullshit, Honor Roll Student shit, or retarded retread slogans that went out of style 4 years ago.

Bumper stickers was going to be my third complaint but I held off.

I hate sweet looking cars with a stupid bumper sticker to make it look crappy.

I don't want to know see which candidate you were voting for 3 presidential elections ago.

The ones that bug me are the Jesus freaks who need not just one, but eight or nine bumper stickers proclaiming their love for Christ. Christian rock station stickers, that damn fish, No Jesus No Peace/Know Jesus Know Peace (and WTF is with that one anyway?), and often about 3 or 4 pro-life stickers for good measure. If you're a Christian, great, more power to you, but did you really need to turn your car into a moving billboard as a result?

Ah, another thing that angers me. People that have a preconceived misconception about a place because the media or somebody told them the place was crap or entertainment lambasts it despite not knowing what hte fuck it's talking about.

I'll agree. I'm pretty much from Flint, MI. Which is looked upon as one of the most violent cities in America. I've never had troubles there

just checked.

#3 last year

That safest "cities" list is a bunch of BS. It's just a bunch of suburbs. How can Buffalo and Cleveland be in the top 25 most dangerous cities while suburbs like Amherst, NY and Parma, Oh be in the top 25 safest?

Buffalo is only 24th? I thought it would have been higher.

I've lived in 10 of the 25 most dangerous at some point in my life.

Guest Smues
The ones that bug me are the Jesus freaks who need not just one, but eight or nine bumper stickers proclaiming their love for Christ. Christian rock station stickers, that damn fish, No Jesus No Peace/Know Jesus Know Peace (and WTF is with that one anyway?), and often about 3 or 4 pro-life stickers for good measure. If you're a Christian, great, more power to you, but did you really need to turn your car into a moving billboard as a result?

Same thing goes for hippies with a billion pro environment/anti republican bumper stickers. I get it, you like the planet and hate George Bush. I can realize that without 30 different 'clever' slogans.

How do you people know so many hippies? I honestly do not believe that I have ever so much as conversed with one.

Potlucks. I hate at work when we have potlucks and:

1. People from other departments come over and grab food when they didn't bring anything or weren't invited.

2. Others who were uninvited come over "just to look". What, never seen food?

Of course at my old company I used to send a guy over to the other department's pot luck to steal food like a whole pie or something.

just checked.

#3 last year

Detroit is #1. I've always heard bad things about Detroit, is that unfounded or is it true?

I figured Tulsa would make it somewhere on there. And I'd heard about how bad Little Rock was before. I didn't think Little Rock was all that big, anybody been there or lived there? Can you shed some light on why it's so dangerous?

Detroit is #1. I've always heard bad things about Detroit, is that unfounded or is it true?

Very true. My wife's aunt lives in Ann Arbor, and we were basically told when we were visiting not to go to certain areas in Detroit under any circumstances.

How do you people know so many hippies? I honestly do not believe that I have ever so much as conversed with one.

Are there hippies in England to begin with?

Oh i've got nothing against good license plates or frames. Its those that are unoriginal and unfunny.

About a year & a half ago, I saw a car as I was leaving work that had the plate "8UTT 53X".

How is that possible? I thought that all numbers and letters have to be separate and contiguous?

When I was in Detroit for Wrestlemania there were Jesus freaks everywhere on coke trying to say that Satan was coming to take us away that night. Also, I bought a hamburger at some outdoor parking lot bbq. After taking one bite I realized the meat was hardly cooked. I went up to the black crackhead guy handling the bbq and he wouldn't give me a refund and looked at me like I was from Somalia. That angered me.

Detroit is pretty much like St. Louis. It's still segregated in a way.

There are certain parts of St. Louis that you can die just for being somewhere you're "Not allowed" in the neighborhood. That goes for white and black folks. It ain't like that everywhere, but you go into the Eastside at night if you ain't cool with somebody down there and you're fucked. There's places that are full of racist rednecks where it's the other way around.

I can pretty much get around anywhere and be alright. But I wouldn't let my moms or somebody go to the Eastside of St. Louis. Fuck alla that.

Edit: Hippies. They roll madd deep in St. Louis. And pretty much all over Missouri and Kansas. Hippies are cool, as long as they're the type that baths at least semi-regulatly.

I've had some amazing convos with hippies before. They get a bad rep because of the ones that are just assholes, hippy or not.

Detroit is pretty much like St. Louis. It's still segregated in a way.

There are certain parts of St. Louis that you can die just for being somewhere you're "Not allowed" in the neighborhood. That goes for white and black folks. It ain't like that everywhere, but you go into the Eastside at night if you ain't cool with somebody down there and you're fucked. There's places that are full of racist rednecks where it's the other way around.

You know what... maybe St. Louis is like that, but I think most of this "neighborhood you're not allowed in" stuff is bullshit. I just spent the last year living in South Central L.A., I've been all over New York City, I never ran into any sort of trouble and I'm a white guy from Oregon. Maybe it happens, but it didn't happen to me living in the gang capital of the world.

Yeah, dude, it's all about how you present yourself.

I've gone skating at spots in Compton and never got shit from anybody. We got some weird looks, but that's about it. It's ALLLLLL in how you present yourself.

Maybe. I dunno. I'm drunk-ish.

The best bumper sticker ever is "I hope the baby you save from being aborted is gay."