TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

When I was in Detroit for Wrestlemania there were Jesus freaks everywhere on coke trying to say that Satan was coming to take us away that night. Also, I bought a hamburger at some outdoor parking lot bbq. After taking one bite I realized the meat was hardly cooked. I went up to the black crackhead guy handling the bbq and he wouldn't give me a refund and looked at me like I was from Somalia. That angered me.

Was it the guy in the black and gold robe with a World Title replica?

Also, I saw someone yesterday with a TAPOUT shirt, but with "Tapout" in green, white, and red. Italy represent!

Christian music really bothers me on road trips because sometimes you get lulled into thinking you're listening to not-terrible light rock or country music, then you hear "JESUS! JESUS! JESUS IS THE KEY!" and I become terribly offended that someone needs to sing to me about things I already believe in.

I saw that new Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. I hate how every new cartoon has gotta have that faux-anime style. Whatever happened to a good old American cartoon? Because anime got popular everybody feels the need to try to recreate it? And it never looks as good as anime, it looks like a cheap knock-off.

Finally, something we agree on. Kids' cartoons seem like they're really taken a nosedive in quality since the 90s. What new shows do they have today which compare to relatively intelligent stuff like Batman: The Animated Series, Animaniacs, or hell even Eek the Cat or Daria? Cartoon Network occasionally greenlights some non-Adult Swim gems, Courage the Cowardly Dog comes to mind, but they're few and far between.

Yeah and nothing can have a normal animation style anymore. It's either faux-anime style where everyone is really skinny and have big eyes or just completely weird and out there where nobodies bodies make sense or the backgrounds looks totally off.

You're right about Batman TAS and those other shows. They had a more normal animation style and were just better shows all around.

It also irritates me how Looney Tunes is NEVER on anymore. Yeah I know it's over 50 years old, but damn those were some good cartoons. I remember the days of June Bugs on Cartoon Network.

It also irritates me how Looney Tunes is NEVER on anymore. Yeah I know it's over 50 years old, but damn those were some good cartoons.

Looney Tunes isn't good enough for today's kids or something, so now they have a show where all the Looney Tunes are basically super-powered anime heros or some shit.

I'm serious.

Though I find it funny how my nephews, who are like, 3 and 5, are into the same stuff I was into as a kid - Ninja Turtles and Transformers.

Potlucks. I hate at work when we have potlucks and:

1. People from other departments come over and grab food when they didn't bring anything or weren't invited.

2. Others who were uninvited come over "just to look". What, never seen food?

Of course at my old company I used to send a guy over to the other department's pot luck to steal food like a whole pie or something.

I love me some potluck, so I'm going to defend them. That sounds more like poor planning or notably stupid people are to blame.

Edit: Incredibly-easily impressed is more appropriate than 'stupid'.

Ah, another thing that angers me. People that have a preconceived misconception about a place because the media or somebody told them the place was crap or entertainment lambasts it despite not knowing what hte fuck it's talking about.

I'll agree. I'm pretty much from Flint, MI. Which is looked upon as one of the most violent cities in America. I've never had troubles there

just checked.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0921299.html

#3 last year

Detroit is #1. I've always heard bad things about Detroit, is that unfounded or is it true?

I figured Tulsa would make it somewhere on there. And I'd heard about how bad Little Rock was before. I didn't think Little Rock was all that big, anybody been there or lived there? Can you shed some light on why it's so dangerous?

Detroit is America's asshole. Never has a city disgusted me as much as downtown Detroit did. Scum of the earth right there.

Guest Smues

People who for some reason just absolutely refuse to get into the lane of traffic you are in (and they want to be in) behind you and just HAVE to get in ahead of you, despite all logic. Especially when their turn is approaching quickly. I'm so sick of there being NO cars behind me, and someone in the lane to the left of me cutting ahead of me and then slamming on his brakes because he's turning right. What was wrong with getting in behind me and then making the turn when no one will be slowed down? What's even more fun is when someone just has to pass in front of me, and then slow down and go slower than the speed limit. I'm used to getting passed all the time because I only drive the speed limit, but I don't get why people who drive slower than said speed limit still need to pass me just to slow down.

...I really should stay away from this thread for at least an hour after I've been driving, because I'll always have something to bitch about. Speaking of which: the fact that people who don't drive legally/safely know they get away with it because the people like me who drive legally/safely will brake/swerve out of the way/etc. Case in point: a lady blows a stop sign yesterday and doesn't bother to brake/speed up to get out of my way as I come through the intersection, forcing me to do it, despite her being the one breaking the law.

Someone needs to invent the Star Trek transporter, because driving sucks.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Driving's great. Just disregard the whole speed limit thing.

i hate it that people bitch about the weather all the fucking time. i can understand a random complaint here and there, about the heat or the rain or the cold or whatnot. but these people seem to bitch daily... it's always too hot, or too cold, or not sunny enough, or too sunny, or too rainy, or too dry... FUCKALL. pick one season to bitch about and leave it at that. i hate the summer, and i save all ny weather-based bitching for then.

maybe i can expand this into a larger area... people that just bitch about everything. they just like to complain, i guess. but i can't picture the amount of energy these people waste through always being negative and cranky, all the time. life isn't a joyride. deal with that. save the bitching for when it's really nessicary.

Disregarding the other people on the road will also increase the enjoyment of driving.

Disregarding the other people on the road will also increase the enjoyment of driving.

Always carry a cooler full of beer in the passenger seat, just like my dad. That helps, too.

American drivers from the south. Seems like they got their licence from NASCAR and will use their car to push other cars out of the way.

The Puff Daddy Burger King commercial.

Who signed off on this? "Tell them Diddy said BK is open late"? Are you fucking serious? Since when is Diddy still relevent? I'd guess that the advertising was intended to hit younger people since most older people wouldn't give a fuck about where they can get a cheeseburger at midnight... Did they really think this would appeal to people? TELL THEM DIDDY SAID BK IS OPEN LATE??? Fuck you.

On the driving thing. I find it funny when I'm at a stoplight and there is a car next to me and the light turns green and they take off and speed down there while I gingerly take off and conserve my gas. It's funny when we come to another stoplight and that person is stopped and I pull up beside them. It's like "Hey dude, we both ended up in the same place and I didn't waste my gas speeding."

That shit's like 2 years old man.

There's a new one.

Speaking of commericals...E-surance commericals.

Erin Esurance is awesome, don't be hatin Scroby.

Those commercials suck ass and don't dare deny it

Plus they're on all the fucking time! Radio or tv! Oh! I'm hatin....I'm rollin deep with the hate!

There was a commercial down in Ventura for the "Oxnard Auto Center" where the owner was trying to come up with a new jingle, so he'd audition all these "acts." And it was just him in all these ridiculous outfits "singing" stupid raps, country songs, all this shit. I wouldn't have minded it so much if he didn't make everything SO fucking dated. His rap guy looked like something out of the 80's, his rocker was pretty much Kurt Cobain, and his country guy...well, he just looked like a hick, so that's not that bad. At the end, he just said, "AH, Forget it! I'll stick with the classic! Sing it girls!" And then three chubby blondes appeared and sang a horrible little jingle that was, like, "Something something, off the One-Oh-One, Ox-Nard Au-to Cen-teerrrrr"

So shitty. Made me want to kick a child in the back of the neck every time.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I went off on this middle aged woman at work last night. Her name is Robin and she has fried-red dyed hair. Fiftyish, and insufferably stupid. Every time she asks me a question, I answer her and she goes "HUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH??????" really loudly. I learned to speak loudly and clearly to her, since she's deaf as a post, which is fine. Well, after shouting a plain and simple five word answer to her; "Go Stock on K Line," she did her "HHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHH????" which almost cut off my answer.

I said something to the effect of "Focus you moron. KAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNE-UH!"

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I forgot to mention her teeth. You know those fake plastic "Bubba teeth"? Her teeth really look like that. She has really thick glasses, too, and dead gray eyes. No spark of even an animal intelligence. I hope she gets hit by a fucking car and dies.

I can't believe people are hating on the E-surance AND Sonic ads.

[EDIT]In fact, you could say that that ANGERS me![/EDIT]

So I started this temporary job while I'm trying to get hired on at the PD. It's taking customer service calls for DirecTV. I started the training last night and the trainers spent the entire class bashing on Dish Network any chance he got. He also wouldn't let us have cell phones in class because they could be used to "steal secrets" and we weren't allowed to take any of our training books home because they too could be used to steal secrets.

What the hell? You're telling me Dish Network has to spy on a training class to figure out what to do? The way he talked about Dish Network I pictured their customer service training center as a smoky room in the back of a bar with a guy with an eyepatch smoking a cigar and speaking in some thick accent.