TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

Not the same thing. Not at all.

The people I'm talking about are the douche bag's that wear it because it's a trend. They're the same guy's that buy Metal Mulisha and DC footwear shit because it's "cool" to buy and be seen in. They couldn't care less about what it means, just as long as it looks "sick" and makes them look like they know what they're talking about. You wearing a Dunder Mifflin bag means you support The Office and enjoy watching it, but you can probably tell people more about it than "It's in the Office" if they ask. These guys are, at best, wearing these TAPOUT shirts because they saw it on a UFC Fight Night episode. They probably know nothing more than that.

I guess the main reason it annoys me is because 95% of the people who wear it are raging shit heads. Every time I see that shirt, it's being worn by an asshole who calls retarded kids Faggots. That's why I hate it.

Fuck yeah, I'm with you. To me, and I could be way off, here, but it doesn't seem like a "I enjoy watching MMA!" To me, it's like they're trying to co-opt that asshole tough-guy attitude, or hope to be mistaken for a UFC fighter, because it's the last sport left where you could throw on the right t-shirt, be a fairly average white dude, and be mistaken for a professional athlete. I guess it doesn't really anger me, but it's one of my MANY "I see what you're doing, and I don't fucking buy it, asshole" obervations. Other groups who get the same from me? Hipsters. "Of COURSE I like The Black Kids, didn't you see my stretch pants?"

To me, it's like they're trying to co-opt that asshole tough-guy attitude, or hope to be mistaken for a UFC fighter, because it's the last sport left where you could throw on the right t-shirt, be a fairly average white dude, and be mistaken for a professional athlete. I guess it doesn't really anger me, but it's one of my MANY "I see what you're doing, and I don't fucking buy it, asshole" obervations. Other groups who get the same from me? Hipsters. "Of COURSE I like The Black Kids, didn't you see my stretch pants?"

Everything this man said is what I was trying to say.

And Hipsters are a close second to "OMG NU-RAVE~!" cunts. The next dude I see looking like an M.I.A. backup dancer, I'm gonna punch the fucker in the neck.

Fuck yeah, I'm with you. To me, and I could be way off, here, but it doesn't seem like a "I enjoy watching MMA!" To me, it's like they're trying to co-opt that asshole tough-guy attitude, or hope to be mistaken for a UFC fighter, because it's the last sport left where you could throw on the right t-shirt, be a fairly average white dude, and be mistaken for a professional athlete. I guess it doesn't really anger me, but it's one of my MANY "I see what you're doing, and I don't fucking buy it, asshole" obervations. Other groups who get the same from me? Hipsters. "Of COURSE I like The Black Kids, didn't you see my stretch pants?"

I think if you're freakishly tall and wear warm-ups you may be mistaken for a basketball player, maybe, if you pick a USBL team or something.

I always get mistaken for an ex-football player because I'm so tall and broad. I was wearing an OU shirt at the factory the other day and some dude asked me if I played for them. I've been around D-1 players (not just from OU) and they all dwarf me by comparison.

Oh yeah, and bandwagon fans. They don't really annoy me all that much. What really annoys me are the ones that cheer for a team and then deny ever liking another team. They claim "Well this is my team. It's always been my team."

Like this dude I went to college with. Right after AI was traded to the Nuggets he got himself an AI jersey and walked around talking about how great his Nuggets were.

Well just recently his facebook status read this "Kellen is upset his Cavs were eliminated. There's always next year. Cavs for life!"

I sent him a message saying "I thought you were a Nuggets fan" and if he'd responded with "Well I like both" I would've been fine, but he responded with "Nuggets? I don't like the Nuggets! I've always been a Cavs fan!"

Now his status says "Kellen is....MVP....Western Conf. Champs.....what's next? Bring it on, we're ready!"

This has gotta be the worst kind of bandwagon fan there is.

Then there's the people that are geographically spread out. I don't mind it if you like a team that's far away from you. Lord knows I do, if I rooted for teams geographically close I'd be a Cowboys fan (blech). But at least my teams are in the same area. I like two Boston teams and then the Eagles.

But I know this dude that likes the Lakers, Colts and Cubs. He only declares his allegiance for the previous two when they are winning. I didn't even know he liked the Colts until they won the Super Bowl, and I just found out the other day he was a Lakers fan. Hmmm, curious.

Ugh. I hate people like that. They make it harder on us as diehard fans (especially as diehard fans of a big-market, perennially trendy team like the Lakers), having to defend ourselves to people who think we just jumped on the bandwagon.

I can't believe I'm applying to work at my old job. Jesus Christ.

I hated that place. It's a lot harder doing this than I thought it would be. Every few seconds I feel like saying "fuck it" and quitting.

I can't believe I'm applying to work at my old job. Jesus Christ.

I hated that place. It's a lot harder doing this than I thought it would be. Every few seconds I feel like saying "fuck it" and quitting.

Where is that at? That's how I feel at that damn factory job.

A grocery store. That place was the fuckin' pits.

Plus I have to pay a union fee that'll cost me about two weeks worth of pay. I've tried to get a job all over the place, but I've had no luck. So I've got no choice.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Dude, if there's a store, there's a warehouse. Pays more, no fuckin' customers, job security..join the distribution side man. Beats the fuck out of stocking shelves.

Guest Epic Narcissism
Other groups who get the same from me? Hipsters. "Of COURSE I like The Black Kids, didn't you see my stretch pants?"

This made me smile.

People who blame companies for their own inepitude.

Working for a satellite TV company is fun. Seriously.

At least once a day I get a call from a customer complaining about being charged an equipment fee. Now, when you cancel the services, we send boxes with prepaid shipping labels so the customer can return the receivers. Now, it's written into the contract that it is the customer's responsibility to return the equipment.

So invariably, the customer will return the receivers and one doesn't get scanned properly, so the fee gets charged. But the conversation usually goes along these lines:

Me: "Do you have the UPS tracking number so we can track the shipment and make sure we received it."

Idiot: "You sent the boxes, you tell me the tracking number."

Me: "We don't keep track of the inbound number, sir, as it is the customer's responsibility to return the equipment."

Idiot: "If you don't give me the tracking number, I'm not paying you fucking assholes."

I personally think we should stop sending the boxes and make it even harder for the customer to return their shit.

So invariably, the customer will return the receivers and one doesn't get scanned properly, so the fee gets charged.

In that case, it is the company's fault. Completely. Why wouldn't your company keep track of the inbound numbers? Not to mention the fact that the cable sales reps rarely bother to explain that you have to return the shit in the first place, and such clauses tend to be buried in fine print way down deep in the multi-page contract.

The fact I just spent 672 bucks on a suit. I've never owned one before so I had to get everything: pants, jacket, shoes, belt, socks, shirt and tie. Why can't I find a $99 suit sale like on How I Met Your Mother when Barney became the Barney we know and love!?

Then again the chick that did my measurements was absolutely smoking, so it wasn't all bad.

I don't think that I would be entirely comfortable to have my measurements taken by another person.

They're kind of hard to do on your own, and I trusted she knew what she was doing.

Well, you can make a vague guess and then buy t-shirts that are slightly bigger than you if the worst comes to the worst. I am fairly confident that my chest is somewhere from 34 - 36 inches, but I am not going to have myself measured to find out.

So invariably, the customer will return the receivers and one doesn't get scanned properly, so the fee gets charged.

In that case, it is the company's fault. Completely. Why wouldn't your company keep track of the inbound numbers? Not to mention the fact that the cable sales reps rarely bother to explain that you have to return the shit in the first place, and such clauses tend to be buried in fine print way down deep in the multi-page contract.

Having to return it is bullshit anyway.

But the burden of proof is on the customer to show they returned the equipment. I don't agree with alot of the policies and contractual clauses the company has, but why shouldn't the customer have to at least provide a tracking number to verify they made the attempt? Should a company representative hold their hand while they drop it off at UPS too?

The same goes when receivers are returned damaged. I argued with a guy for like 45 minutes last week because he disputed the damage to the receiver. Even if it was damaged in route (which is possible), why spend 45 minutes bitching at me because you don't want to spend five minutes filing a damage claim with UPS?

Well, you can make a vague guess and then buy t-shirts that are slightly bigger than you if the worst comes to the worst. I am fairly confident that my chest is somewhere from 34 - 36 inches, but I am not going to have myself measured to find out.

Well when buying a dress shirt you also have to take into account neck size and arm length. I don't need to be measured for a t-shirt.

...do they just do things differently in England when it comes to t-shirts? Because you never see one with actual measurements around here. Mostly it's just the S, M, L, XL sort of "one size doesn't quite fit anyone".

Oh no, we have that as well, but they all have chest measurements written on their labels. Purchasing a waistcoat has clouded my vision.

The fact I just spent 672 bucks on a suit. I've never owned one before so I had to get everything: pants, jacket, shoes, belt, socks, shirt and tie. Why can't I find a $99 suit sale like on How I Met Your Mother when Barney became the Barney we know and love!?

Then again the chick that did my measurements was absolutely smoking, so it wasn't all bad.

I bought two suits and tuxedo for less than that combined. Like decent shit too. You got hosed.

I bought two suits and tuxedo for less than that combined. Like decent shit too. You got hosed.

It was at Men's Warehouse. I've known people that have spent more and people that have spent less. It's a good quality suit though. I have a friend that bought one from there (same brand) and he's loved it. But, still it was expensive. I didn't really pay for it though, my fiance's grandma got it for me as an early birthday/late graduation gift (even though i've been graduated from college for a year now).

That you got it at Men's Wearhouse for that price makes it worse. You gotta shop around, nigga. I got two suits at Men's Wearhouse for around $400. That's shirt/tie/pants/jacket/socks... the only thing I didn't get was the shoes... which I had. Next time you're in a big city, just go to the garment district and get one. Way cheap.

That you got it at Men's Wearhouse for that price makes it worse. You gotta shop around, nigga. I got two suits at Men's Wearhouse for around $400. That's shirt/tie/pants/jacket/socks... the only thing I didn't get was the shoes... which I had. Next time you're in a big city, just go to the garment district and get one. Way cheap.

I do live in a big city..........

Anyway I didn't really spend the money. Like I said, my fiance's grandma bought it. I thought it was expensive but she insisted we buy it here (i think she didn't want to run around and was ready to settle, she's loaded anyway so no biggie) so I let her buy it. I just feel kind of indebted to her now, and I don't like having that feeling.

I do live in a big city..........

No you don't, you live in Oklahoma City. You can't be a big city if the two biggest things you're famous for are

1- A bombing

2- ...

You live in a city. I mean a big city - New York/LA/Chicago/Dallas maybe... somewhere that would have a garment district. In downtown LA I could have gotten 3 suits (the whole shebang plus shoes) for $400. Good suits too. It isn't important, you didn't pay for it, but just know... if you gotta get a suit... don't pay that much unless it's Italian.

Like, from Italy. Not "Pronto Uomo".