TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE signs four wrestlers from the past

From PWInsider:

WWE has announced that they are bringing in Rodney Mack, Marty Jannetty and Brad Armstrong for the next "several months" to "help younger talent develop their skills in the ring," which was something Vince McMahon talked about at his investors meeting yesterday. They will be given a chance at a full time job with WWE based on how things work out after their return.

The company also announced that they have signed Henry Godwinn to a deal as well.

I find it funny that WWE.com only used Rodney Mack's picture for the story. For the Henry Godwinn story, they didn't even include a picture at all, or even much of a story other than just saying they have re-signed him.

Speaking of Godwinn, has he even been working since he was last in WWE? I know he's worked in OVW for much of this year (anyone check him out there?), but has he worked anywhere else?

as long as these guys are used to job out to others, like they're doing with Tatanka, i don't have an issue with it. Feed them to Umaga for all I care. Just don't push these jokers.

Is this the 10th time Jannetty has been hired by WWE now?

I believe it's his sixth or seventh stint with the company.

Hmmmmm.....let's see

1987: Couple of dark matches and then fired

1988-1993: Teamed with Michaels until Barber Shop angle, then took several months off due to legal issues as well as to sell the injury, all this time still being under contract. Fired after Rumble match with HBK.

1993-1994: Comes back in May, wins and loses IC and tag belt, released in early '94

1995-1996: Returns in September '95, forms New rockers, released in late 96-early '97

2005: Returns for two matches, get resigned and then released

2006: Brought back for Kiss My Ass angle, last two weeks

2006: And now he's back again!

I can see Brad Armstrong being an asset to young talent...so he will be the first to go of this group.

Rodney Mack has ecw written all over him.

I've not seen Godwinn on OVW TV once. I think all he has worked is dark matches, but from what I've heard he is just as good as he ever was, if not a little better. That's not to say I want him back in the WWE or anything.

I like the idea of Brad Armstrong getting a WWE deal...but seriously, is there any money to be made with any of these guys? I don't see the logic when there are so many talented YOUNG indy workers out there

I can see Brad Armstrong being an asset to young talent...so he will be the first to go of this group.

Rodney Mack has ecw written all over him.

He can team up with his girl again, wait Is Jazz under contract? she made one appearance at the ecw vs wwe head to head usa special, losing to Mickie James

Marty hired again, wow, hes the Billy Martin of WWE

Brad Armstrong= Trainer for talent, good choice since he can wrestle. Also, prevents TNA signing him to semi-tag with his brother.

H.O.G = WHY?!?!

Mack = E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB! And giving C.M. Punk his first lost. Then the next 30.

Marty= Rockers reunion after Triple H turns on HBK, again, and then gets fired after failing a drug test, again.

Is this the 10th time Jannetty has been hired by WWE now?

I believe it's his sixth or seventh stint with the company.

Meltzer said after WWE "severed all professional ties" with Jannetty back before WM22 that it was the 9th time he was fired from WWE.

It's possible they just brought these guys in for dark matches and not on air work. Considering how Mack couldn't get over no matter what they did with him, I doubt they want him back on the screen.

They had to let Jannety go last time because he couldn't leave the state to work shows / do TV angles because of his probation.

I like Marty and Rodney so I'm happy to hear this news.