TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

My Name is Earl

The season premiere starts at 8 on NBC.

Here is the offical preview:

"Very Bad Things"

Early decides to take Joy's side when she gets into an argument with Darnell; the pruchase of an entertainment center does not turn out the way Joy planned.

A show like Earl doesn't need to be consistant. Joy can be in one episode, out 4, and in another 7, and with a show like this I don't think it matters too much.

I really like Earl, but it doesn't have the must see type vibe that I get from The Office.

They've been pretty good about maintaining continuity between the episodes so far. I doubt they'd have put Joy in jail if they weren't planning some really great gags as a pay-off.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Tonight:

Burt Reynolds guest stars as Richard Chubby , the "richest man in Camden County", who also happens to be kind of crazy. Earl seeks Richard's financial help when Joy needs a large sum of money, but there's a hitch to receiving the cash that involves Catalina.

The meeting of the Moustaches!

I like that they have gone two episodes without doing a number on the list - stretches out the shows premise, works with the characters that have been established.

The first week he knocked out a list item. "Take Joy's side".

I like that they have gone two episodes without doing a number on the list - stretches out the shows premise, works with the characters that have been established.

The first week he knocked out a list item. "Take Joy's side".

Right... as I was writing that, I was thinking to myself "but I swear there was a list item about Joy last week", but I couldn't remember. The important thing is they've shown they can do a good episode that has nothing to do with the list, thus giving the show some more longevity.

I really liked in the first episode when after the truck had run out of gas and Earl came back to find Randy there Randy said something like,

"A note would have been nice, you don't have to add it to your list or anything, but it would have been nice."

I must be the only one who fuckin hates the Randy character. The show is great, but I'm hoping Randy gets run over by a circus train.

I like him but I think he's getting a bit tiresome, especially last night. With the exception of the walnut gag, I thought he was extremely annoying and really added nothing.

I'm afraid the producers might do the same thing with Randy the Simpsons producers did with Homer and think that the more mindlessly idiotic the character is, the more hillarious he is.

Yeah, the trick with Randy is to keep him more innocent than stupid. That bit where he points at the guy and mouths "me first" was good, but I agree with the people saying that him constantly zoning out wasn't funny.

Episode 27 - Sticks and Stones - October/5th/2006.

Earl becomes reacquainted with an old classmate (Judy Greer) whom he had made fun of as a kid for having facial hair. Earl decides to cross off number 91 on his list "Made fun of Maggie Lester for having a moustache". Meanwhile, Joy is thrown a major curveball when she meets her court-appointed attorney.

Episode 28 - Larceny Of A Kitty Cat - October/12th/2006.

Earl scratches number 56 off his list when he must return a prize winning cat back to its owner, named Judy (Amy Sedaris), after sabotaging a cat show in Joy's favor. Meanwhile Randy forms an attraction with the cat's owner, even though he's very allergic to kitties, and Earl prepares to pick up the pieces of his little brother's broken heart once Judy learns how Randy really feels about felines.

I just finished watching the DVD set of Season 1. Oh my god, I missed some GREAT episodes last season. I have to say that Crab Man is one of the best characters on TV right now. Randy is so innocent.

I love the episode where Earl has to get his dad's car back and finds out it was supposed to be for him and then he and his dad reconnect. It makes me happy that they had closure to that story line.

I also like that they have some characters comming in and out of the show. His gay friend and the African guy from his language class. IT's just smart writing. Everyone should watch this show.