TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

PlayStation 3

With Sony's current marketing strategy, I think they might pack in 2 controllers.

The 2nd one would only come with the Premium Pack, and in bold letters on the front it would say "For Your Filthy, Lazy, Swine Friend Who Wouldn't Work Enough Hours to Afford Our Glorious Technology. GET WITH IT!"

However the Spiderman movie font doesn't set it off quite right.

"IIRC?"

No, that's wrong. Sony has been mum on the region-free's affect on b.c. games.

Sony promised "region free for gaming", but Blu-Ray regions have the US lumped together with Asia anyway.

Of course, I don't really believe Sony on that point.

Guest Princess Leena

Didn't Sony already say the PS3 won't be region free. Or, am I thinking of the Wii.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Preorders (supposedly) start tommorrow on the PS3 at EB Games/GameStop. I think it's $100 down for each preorder.

My Gamestop filled a whopping 4 of the preorders as of 11 AM EST.

Guy behind the counter believes they are all cores.

So....they may or may not all get them, if the previously mentioned core-to-premium ratio is correct.

Naturally, they all signed that waiver that they may not get the system at launch...

Has anyone seen that? Does it also contain a section where the buyer cannot sell the system on Ebay?

The Gamestop and EB in the mall both open at 10 AM each morning. I called them both around 9:30 to see if they were doing the preorders... and they were all already gone. Apparently, there was a line outside the store that began around 7:30, so the manager just let them in early.

Guest Princess Leena

So, what's the percentage of those people selling them on EBay? 75%?

Friend of mine went to a Gamestop to check it out this morning. Said there was a line and the store was letting one person in the store at a time. Said the store was getting only 12, didn't say what type of systems those were. Saw customers signing a wavier, wasn't sure what it was for though.

So, what's the percentage of those people selling them on EBay? 75%?

I've heard EBay and Sony have agreed to not allow the selling of PS3s on EBay until 90 days after launch, February 2007.

GameStop: Our PS3s Sold-Out Nationwide

I just got off the phone with a GameStop spokesman who confirmed that as of 2pm Mountain Time, the chain's 3,600 stores has sold out of every single one of their PS3 pre-orders. As of right now, he went on to say, the chain has no word on whether they will be getting anymore for launch day. So this could be it for their initial batch of consoles.

While they sell-out wasn't confirmed until 2pm, the spokesman told me it was a matter of minutes at most stores. He added that this was much faster than the sell-out rate of the Xbox 360 at the chain.

That's the thing about Sony. Everyone can bitch about the price and how Sony is doing a horrible job of marketing. But they're still going to be moving a lot of units. They might even sell out of their initial release numbers (in america).

I don't know what that means. If people are just loyal to the brand or people will just buy any new game system provided it is the new big thing.

I still want one too.......but I was going to wait a while anyway. I'm not even sure why I'm willing to pay $500 for a game system I will probably only play two or three months before getting bored with it.

GameStop: Our PS3s Sold-Out Nationwide

I just got off the phone with a GameStop spokesman who confirmed that as of 2pm Mountain Time, the chain's 3,600 stores has sold out of every single one of their PS3 pre-orders. As of right now, he went on to say, the chain has no word on whether they will be getting anymore for launch day. So this could be it for their initial batch of consoles.

While they sell-out wasn't confirmed until 2pm, the spokesman told me it was a matter of minutes at most stores. He added that this was much faster than the sell-out rate of the Xbox 360 at the chain.

Isn't that because there was no set public date for the 360? Didn't Gamestop just started taking pre-orders when told to? Plus, Gamestop at first didn't really have a limit on how many pre-orders they were going to have at first. That quote at the bottom is a load of bs really. Please correct me if you feel that i'm wrong.

Yeah, there's too many differences between the PS3 and 360 launch. I never heard any hype about a pre-order date for the 360. I just walked in on a random weekday in August last year and pointed at a non-descript sign by the register. "Oh, you're taking pre-orders for the 360?".

The employee said yes and I was placed on a waitlist where I would've received the 360 in the first week. I missed the two notification calls, so I ended up with it two months later than expected, but I was on there pretty easily.

That's the thing about Sony. Everyone can bitch about the price and how Sony is doing a horrible job of marketing. But they're still going to be moving a lot of units. They might even sell out of their initial release numbers (in america).

Not hard when you have less than 1/2 a million units for an entire continent, and millions of people who see the system launch as a way to make a quick few hundred bucks on Ebay.

Not hard when you have less than 1/2 a million units for an entire continent, and millions of people who see the system launch as a way to make a quick few hundred bucks on Ebay.

*sheepishly rasies hand*

*sheepishly rasies hand*

That was my plan too.

Nope.

I've given up hope.

Same here, isn't worth the trouble.

I really dont get how people complain that the thing is too expensive at $600 and expect people to put out 2 or 3 times that much for one just so they can be cool with a PS3 at launch only to have the thing blow up sometime next year..

I just looked through the launch titles, and damn, I didn't realize just how few appealing games there are. This is the worst launch library in a long time. Hard to believe anyone would pay $1,500 for one of these now.

I'll probably wait until Christmas 2007 to get one. It doesn't look like there's really going to be much worth playing during the first year. Maybe VF5, but that's about it. Quite the slow start.