TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

PlayStation 3

Maybe I'm going nuts...I got Warhawk, a 1080i capable game to play at 1080i on my TV, but Fallout 3 and other "720p only" games won't. They play in 480p on my set. I could have sworn I had them playing in 1080i, but maybe I was mistaken.

Downloaded the Skate 2 demo and I liked it a lot. I'm definitely getting this when it comes out. I never played the first Skate, but I've only read and heard good things, so I figured this demo would be a nice introduction. I like the realistic approach it takes. I used to play Tony Hawk games and loved them, but it's nice to play something that's more difficult and more authentic.

I have Resistence 2 as well. I really like it and I have only played single player so far with the exception of some short stints on deathmatch.

I can't wait though to get into some of the team-based campaign game....if anyone is up for it send me an invite if you see me online....I've got a headset too.

I think my PS3 might be possessed. For some reason when I booted it up earlier today, the video settings had "reset", and it had me go through the video/audio setup again, saying it "detected an HDMI connection", which is what I've had it hooked up with the whole time. While I have the menus in 1080i, for some reason I can't get it to output games (like Fallout 3) in 1080i again (it was before). Anyone know what setting I need to tweak?

I had something similar happen a long time ago. My system is configured for 1080i, and this one time I was watching a movie and when I went to take out the movie the PS3 went black instead of going back to the default startup screen. So I reset the system and all of the sudden it went back to the default display with the red/white/yellow cables....I had to redo the display detection for HDMI and it was a headache cause I had to basically select HDMI and then instantly pull the standard RCA cables out or else it would pick up the weaker connection and select it.....eventually I got it squared away but not before I was about to throw the PS3 through the window...lol.

Hasn't happened since.....

Actually, I may have imagined playing some of those games in 1080i...the more I research, I've found out that the PS3 actually automatically kicks down 720p games to 480p, and will not upconvert to 1080i. Kind of a dumb move on Sony's part. There have been some games that have been patched to allow 1080i resolution, though (and of course many games are released supporting it up front).

So someone tell me about Killzone 2.......I never played the first one. What is the story? Is this supposed to be some big epic game? Considering it is a PS3 exclusive I hope they are going all out to make this a killer game. Is it a FPS?

Yes, it's FPS. Too many of those, these days.. I'd like to see more like MGS where it's 3rd person so I can actually see what the hell is going on.

Killzone 2 reviews are already out. Looks like an awesome game, though I probably won't rush out to get it since I'm kind of FPSed out at the moment after playing lots of Fallout 3.

I'm looking forward to this Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection that's coming out in a couple weeks. 40 Genesis games!

I made an official Killzone 2 Thread. I thought that a potential GOTY deserves it's own thread. It is down on the message board list. Dobbs I understand where you are coming from and I feel the same way But Amazon has the game on sale for 52 shipped. I couldn't pass that up.

Yeah...well, it doesn't come out for almost one more month anyway...by then I could change my tune.

Of course The Show '09 comes out like a week after that, if I'm not mistaken.

Too many good games coming out, not enough time to play 'em all.

Yeah...well, it doesn't come out for almost one more month anyway...by then I could change my tune.

Of course The Show '09 comes out like a week after that, if I'm not mistaken.

Too many good games coming out, not enough time to play 'em all.

I hear you. I want the Show 09, I already preordered Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5 and Legends of Wrestlemania all come out by mid March. I still have to get GOW 2 and beat that. Godfather 2 looks promising but I wouldn't have time to play it until late summer.

Hey, I seem to have accidentally reset my PS3 to default settings when I was trying to reset the display settings and now my games don't recognize their save files. Well some of them do, like all my player/band/tour info for Rock Band 2 is there, but it can't find any of the Rock Band 1 songs that I had previously imported, but it finds all the DLC. And Grand Theft Auto 4 tells me that it can't load the save file because it was created by a different person, even though I have my user set up and everything (all my friends and network stuff are showing up fine).

When I go to the save management area, I see all the save data for all my games, so why won' the games load this data?

Help.

Question for those who might have gotten it. Lost Planet, the PS3 version, is it any good?

I'm trying to find a game to suggest to my girl that we'll both enjoy. She's burned out on FPS (as am I), already conquered Sword, Row 2 and Drake, and she's wearing down on the sports games.

She wants another game like the three she already topped out but I can't figure out which one to tell her is worth it. It's been narrowed down to Lost Planet, Devil May Cry 4 and Prince of Persia. The only strike against Persia right now is price (60 bucks) while the other two come in under 30 with her 15 buck gift card. I just haven't a clue which of those will be the most fun.

Question for those who might have gotten it. Lost Planet, the PS3 version, is it any good?

I'm trying to find a game to suggest to my girl that we'll both enjoy. She's burned out on FPS (as am I), already conquered Sword, Row 2 and Drake, and she's wearing down on the sports games.

She wants another game like the three she already topped out but I can't figure out which one to tell her is worth it. It's been narrowed down to Lost Planet, Devil May Cry 4 and Prince of Persia. The only strike against Persia right now is price (60 bucks) while the other two come in under 30 with her 15 buck gift card. I just haven't a clue which of those will be the most fun.

I wasn't too big on the 360 version and I think the PS3 version was a bad port for Lost Planet. Without knowing the other games that you have, I would say Little Big Planet, Rachet and Clank, Fallout 3 (FPS mixed with RPG). If you look in the right place, you can get Prince for 40 dollars. The strike I hear against it is that is very repetitive. In the end, I would say go with Ratchet and Clank. Great graphics, gameplay and it is alot of fun to play.

Has anyone heard of the PSN exclusive burn zombie burn coming to the PSN March 30th? It looks hella cool..........

www.burnzombieburn.com

MLB 09: The Show demo is up on PSN. I DLed it, and it's pretty awesome (I'm used to the PS2 versions).

I played through it, and it's fun, but I'm pretty rusty. I found the pitching to be pretty challenging for some reason.

I have no tips on hitting, I absolutely suck at it. Try to get good at guessing pitches is about all I can say at this point.

I also am really frustrated at how much I suck at SF II Turbo HD Remix. I think it's the PS3 controller...it's like almost too sensitive...I'm trying to use the analog stick, but it seems like half the time I end up jumping when trying to do a fireball rotation or something. The control pad is useless in this game as well.

I also am really frustrated at how much I suck at SF II Turbo HD Remix. I think it's the PS3 controller...it's like almost too sensitive...I'm trying to use the analog stick, but it seems like half the time I end up jumping when trying to do a fireball rotation or something. The control pad is useless in this game as well.

You don't suck, it's just really hard. I get destroyed on easy, unless I make the fights only 1 round. A lot of the moves are very hard to pull off too. It makes me think twice about getting SFIV, although I heard it's easier. Fighters just aren't for me I guess. I used to be pretty decent on SF2 as a kid, though.

Yeah, that's the thing. I remember playing the old SNES version, and not doing this badly. I struggle to get through the first match with a win.

I think I need to get Soul Calibur IV soon, actually. That's a game I can actually do decently at.

I did play SF2 HD Remix on a PS3 pad for the first time. To me, it just took about 20 minutes to adjust. And some moves are harder to do (I prefer stick), and trying to use the piano method to do reversal attacks is impossible. Still, way better than the 360 pad.

Bought Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection the other day. Pretty fun. I actually didn't have a Genesis back in the day, so this was my first time to actually get to play many of these games on a real console. Just staggering the amount of games they crammed onto this disc. The graphics smoothing is pretty impressive...makes characters in Streets of Rage almost look cell shaded (if that's the right term).

I wish Nintendo would do something similar to this for the Wii, but I'm sure they're making a killing off the individual downloads on the Wii store.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to playing through the Phantasy Star games eventually

And, wow, Fatal Labyrinth is what passed for an RPG back in the day, eh?

Oh snap Dead Rising 2 will be on PS3....the first one was an XBOX 360 exclusive. It was decent, but had flaws.........I hope part 2 kicks ass.

Speaking of Fallout 3, how is it for the PS3?

GOTY. It does have a couple of annoying glitches like npc's dying or going missing that hasn't been fixed. The game is great as a FPS and as a RPG. It offers replay value by playing as a good guy or as a bad guy. There is also a ton of area to explore. I had the PS3 version but I traded it in for the 360 version due to the exclusive DLC. The graphics/sound are nearly identical.