TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kobe24KGold

JBL hands in notice to WWE

Guest Kobe24KGold
It has been reported that John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL) has handed in his notice to WWE Officials and is scheduled to make his final appearance on the 10/6 episode of Smackdown according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

JBL is doing very well as an investment banker, and does not want to continue in travelling to the weekly Smackdown tapings.

Damn. How lazy can he be to puss out on making one date per week? He was the best heel announcer since Heenan, too...

He always made more money from the stock market than he ever did in wrestling. Playing the market is more profitable than being a color commentator. His wrestling career was over anyway, he only decided to persue another one.

At least he knew when to fade out of the business, instead of hanging there way past his time. Good luck to him.

Guest Kobe24KGold
He always made more money from the stock market than he ever did in wrestling. Playing the market is more profitable than being a color commentator. His wrestling career was over anyway, he only decided to persue another one.

At least he knew when to fade out of the business, instead of hanging there way past his time. Good luck to him.

It's crazy, though, how so many main-eventers are no longer with WWE in recent years...

Jericho

Angle

JBL

Eddie

Lesnar

Trish (women's division)

Boogeyman

Am I forgetting anyone?

Remember the days when almost everyone hated JBL as soon as he went to the main event? Those were the days. But yeah, I'll miss him.

It's crazy, though, how so many main-eventers are no longer with WWE in recent years...

Jericho

Angle

JBL

Eddie

Lesnar

Trish (women's division)

Boogeyman

Am I forgetting anyone?

Boogeyman doesn't belong on that list.

Guest Kobe24KGold

Jericho

Angle

JBL

Eddie

Lesnar

Trish (women's division)

Boogeyman

Am I forgetting anyone?

Boogeyman doesn't belong on that list.

I know it. It was a joke. He did defeat two main-eventers (Booker, JBL) AND he left undefeated :)

Guest droptoehold

a few years ago i wouldnt belive i would even care about

bradsaw retiring. oh well. he made the most of his latest

opportunity. good luck jbl

I'm digging the new breed of wrestlers who are saving their money and finding other things they enjoy doing or want to try, instead of spending it almost as fast as they make it, and not finding really anything else to do.

--In Monday's Observer there is a note (and it's made its way around the web) regarding JBL leaving WWE. He had given notice and the 10/8 PPV show from Raleigh was to be his final show. However, we've heard today that WWE is attempting to keep him and something may have been worked out.

From Meltzer

JBL is not the best heel annoucer since Heenan. No one can touch Heenan. Besides JBL had his favorites, he wasn't always a heel annoucer.

No-one can touch Heenan, but was JBL the best since Heenan? Even then I have my doubts, I remember him continually giving props to Spanky and London for crying out loud.

However, no-one will ever better the commentary duo that was Josh Matthews and Tazz on Velocity.

Guest Kobe24KGold

Meltzer is now reporting in his daily update that a new deal for JBL to stay has now been officially worked out.

Hooray!

Meltzer is now reporting in his daily update that a new deal for JBL to stay has now been officially worked out.

Hooray!

Yes! Smackdown lately has had the best announcing we've seen in years from WWE. Certainly since the JR/Heyman team in 2001.

The JBL/Heenan comparisons are wrong, the real comparison is JBL to Ventura. Retired main event heel with credibility still intact who provides great commentary alongside logical based deductions and will put over certain people but directly towards their "face/heel" status. He still maintains his kayfabe hatred for other wrestlers based on his former career as a wrestler and will sprinkle a few inside shots as well.

As reported earlier, JBL was close to leaving WWE but a deal has apparently been worked out so that he can stay. JBL's main issue was that working with WWE was taking away too much time from his other Wallstreet related projects. It appears that WWE is set to let JBL ride on the McMahon private jet to and from Smackdown each week to save him time so he doesn't have to be gone from New York except for a few hours on Tuesdays.

WWE grew concerned that they had no announcers capable of replacing JBL so they made a late push to keep him.

Credit: PWTorch.com

Wow, they love JBL THAT much? I'm just glad he's staying. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't get to hear him keep hilariously overreacting to the Little Bastard appearances.

I'm glad he'll be sticking around. I'll admit that I hated it when he first won the title, but towards the end of his reign he started to win me over. I think he's been great ever since, and he was essential to getting Cena and Batista over in 2005 with some quality brawls. His announcing is terrific as well.

JBL, is pretty important. He adds alot of credibility to the show as an commentator and puts over people very good. He did this as a main event act as well.

If it means they have to record the commentary in the studios (easier travel for JBL) instead of ring-side, so be it.

Got my hopes up. I'll never understand what all of you see in JBL. He could pull the occasionally funny promo, but was worthless in the ring, and nothing special on commentary. I thought it was a waste of time to put this glorified midcarder in the main event in 2004 and I stand by that.