TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kobe24KGold

Chris Jericho might make a WWE return

Resign Jericho. Sign Alex Shelley. Team them up and let hilarity and great wrestling ensue.

Seriously, if they teamed Jericho and Shelley up I'd never miss another WWE show with them on as long as I lived.

I really don't see what else there is for Jericho to accomplish at this point, other than come back and be a bitch for Triple H and tarnish his legacy further.

Maybe he realized it was time to come back after being the first eliminated from Celebrity Duets.

yea especially when Cheech stayed on

Come on, our paragon of virtue , our party host, we need you back, please save us from the hell wwe is becoming

It can't be stressed enough how badly the WWE needs Jericho right now. The worst part is, IMO, he was just hitting his peak as a performer when he left. His last 6 months or so were great. He's one of the few guys who can make a big contribution from any slot on the card.

Guest Princess Leena

Jericho would have been the perfect 1-3 month filler feud to break up this neverending Cena/Edge stuff.

While on the subject of Jericho, why did they bury him so badly? It seems to me that HHH just absolutely hated him. What was the story? I'm asking simply b/c if he did come back, what's to stop him from being a perenial mid-carder?

While on the subject of Jericho, why did they bury him so badly? It seems to me that HHH just absolutely hated him. What was the story? I'm asking simply b/c if he did come back, what's to stop him from being a perenial mid-carder?

Usually HHHate is overblown but in the case of Chris Jericho, it can sometimes be understated. It's the classic situation of someone considering another person a threat.

Triple H, quickly found a reason to campagin for the burial after the Chyna incident with Jericho and from there it kept piling up. Jericho, obviously had such an incredible charisma and personality that regardless of his status as a face/heel and as a main eventer, JTTS or tag-teamer, the crowd still cared about him.

Before Mysterio's reign, Jericho was the measure stick for inept championship reigns. Both reigns were regarded as flukes and they didn't have much success as champion.

However and it might just be a case of politics but Jericho maintains that he is friendly with Jericho and there isn't any beef. Jericho probably isn't concerned about his place in the company as he once might have been because he always knew that he was the ideal transistion guy for the main event. He could always be plugged in just like Kane.

What would stop Jericho from being shoved right back into the mid-card (which wouldn't happen right away) is that even McMahon is aware that Smackdown has a limit with proven main event acts and with Mysterio leaving soon and Batista always being a liability inside (and out) of the ring...a guy like Jericho would be monumential for Smackdown. The tuesday tapings (aside from the supershows) allows Jericho to have a more flexible schedule for his side projects.

While Jericho would stand to provide a somewhat fresh boost to either of the three shows, he'll eventually revert back to his stale 2004 character and it'll be like he never left.

If Jericho returns, he will be immediately fed to Cena or Orton, to build up their credability.

And in the case of Orton, he will be immediately fed to one of the "real" stars, like Undertaker or HHH.

Jericho is definitely one the most misused people in wrestling history...He was crazy over in WCW but got shitted on like 95% of the roster back then...His title reign in the WWE were jokes...Someone said in the TNA Forum that alot of the people the WWE misused is gonna bite them in the ass later...Edge, himself almost made the jump...I wouldnt be surprised if Jericho showed up in TNA now...

yeah...boy...Christian and Jeff Jarrett sure are showing the WWE what's up...

I was talking about Scott Steiner...You left him out

oh yeah, Scott Steiner...man he's putting TNA on the map, baby!

His feud with Joe was great til they just suddenly stopped it for no apparent reason. Now I'm not even sure if he's in TNA anymore.

oh yeah, Scott Steiner...man he's putting TNA on the map, baby!

I was kidding actually....Say what you want about Scott Steiner...But he had one of the best lines of all time in WCW..When he was feuding with DDP and he said "While you're on your back screaming in pain, Kimberly will be on her back screaming my name" Classic..One of the highlights of his career..

If Jericho went to SD, he'd be fine. It's so obvious that Vince doesn't care about that show one bit and doesn't contribute anything to the booking. How else do you explain Rey and Booker getting the World title while Paul London and Brian Kendrick are pushed as serious threats?

Jericho could easily be a serious champ on SD. Jericho/Benoit for the World title instead of the IC title? Oh yeah.

If Jericho went to SD, he'd be fine. It's so obvious that Vince doesn't care about that show one bit and doesn't contribute anything to the booking. How else do you explain Rey and Booker getting the World title while Paul London and Brian Kendrick are pushed as serious threats?

Jericho could easily be a serious champ on SD. Jericho/Benoit for the World title instead of the IC title? Oh yeah.

Because they have been over for years and generally observed as dependable workers? That, a dead main eventer and a pile of injuries.

regardless of how badly it was booked, the fact that people STILL think Rey Mysterio never deserved a World Title reign makes me lose what little faith I have in wrestling fans.

regardless of how badly it was booked, the fact that people STILL think Rey Mysterio never deserved a World Title reign makes me lose what little faith I have in wrestling fans.

I still think the loss to Orton and then getting put back into the title match did him zero favours.

I still think the loss to Orton and then getting put back into the title match did him zero favours.

right, but that's an example of bad booking...

Guest slmon

Because they have been over for years and generally observed as dependable workers? That, a dead main eventer and a pile of injuries.

That first bit alone wouldn't cut it for Raw, though. JustJohn's point stands; Vince and WWE Creative care far less about SD, and it is seemingly possible to "sneak" a few non-fully endorsed World Champions in there. If Jericho came back to Raw, he'd only be used as he was before, i.e. to make Creative's favorites look good. Personally, as entertaining as I find Jericho, I wish he'd stay away from WWE and work TNA occasionally instead.

Most of the time when wrestlers go on to make a lot of money outside of wrestling, it usually spells the end of their career, full time at least. I wouldn't doubt that Jericho comes back on a limited contract/basis, but assuming he is making enough money right now, then he will probably have too much leverage as far as contracts go when he comes back, not just money-wise, but creative control-wise, unless he just doesn't care and lets Vince do with him what he wants.

Guest netslob
Bangin' With Ashley?

has all the subtlety of "Beulah's Box".

She's one badass Nu Metal Rocker chick. Didn't you notice the black nail polish and the dumbass mesh shit she wears on her hands and forearms? It's the reason all the dumbshits voted for her over the other chicks in the diva thing. She's a rocker girrrrrrl.

she's a fuckin poser. where's Punk to smack her around?

as for Jericho, he'll be back when he's hard-up for cash or get's bored, whichever comes first. i wonder if that MTV company has offered him anything yet. he'd probably take it if he can get any exposure for that band of his.

Guest ResidentEvil

Chis Jericho coming back as a wrestler for the WWE can only be good for the WWE company and its fans. I think that is pretty obvious to everyone. Will the WWE screw up his return? Yes they will, but Chris Jericho's charisma and underrated wrestling abilities will still allow all the fans to have a fun time watching him.

I suspect that his itch for wrestling is growing stronger and stronger. Will it become too irresistible to scratch? Time will tell.