TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

NFL Week 4

WOW...

The Jets just attempted a multi-lateral play that ALMOST worked until one of their guys fumbled it at the Indy 20 and Indy recovered for the win.

I want to go back and count how times that ball was tossed around during that play.

edit: has any team ever done that type of play that wasn't at the end of a game/half with success? I could totally see some hapless team like SF going "fuck it" and run a multi-lateral scramble type play in the 3rd quarted to shrink the lead from 38 to 31.

Guest Princess Leena

Damnit. I missed that play. Watching the stupid Vikings blow this game. Assholes.

Guest Felonies!

I'm sure they'll count 'em all on Football Night In America later. Then they'll make a Jerome Bettis reference, God knows how, but they will.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I saw that shit coming, there's no way, even with the worst playcalling on earth, that a team in that situation would chuck it to the middle of the field fifteen yards up with an empty clock and no time outs.

WOW...

The Jets just attempted a multi-lateral play that ALMOST worked until one of their guys fumbled it at the Indy 20 and Indy recovered for the win.

I can see it now:

Chris Berman: "WHOOP! its a lateral to WHOOP! and another to WHOOP! and then to the lineman BOOCH BOOCH WHOOP!"

Guest Felonies!

Hey, I just read that someone on the Titans stomped on some Cowboy's face. What the hell?

Hey, I just read that someone on the Titans stomped on some Cowboy's face. What the hell?

It was Albert Haynesworth...

As in "Underachieving 2nd generation Tennessee Volunteer Albert Haynesworth", who is lucky to even be in the league IMHO.

I'm sure they'll count 'em all on Football Night In America later. Then they'll make a Jerome Bettis reference, God knows how, but they will.

LOOK AT THE LINEMAN RUNNING LIKE THE BUS HAHA

I saw that shit coming, there's no way, even with the worst playcalling on earth, that a team in that situation would chuck it to the middle of the field fifteen yards up with an empty clock and no time outs.

You must not have seen many Jets games during the Herm Edwards era. He was so atrocious that he basically had to go to clock management remedial classes.

It was Albert Haynesworth...

As in "Underachieving 2nd generation Tennessee Volunteer Albert Haynesworth", who is lucky to even be in the league IMHO.

He got made that he got beat on the play so he ripped off the helmet then stomped the lineman's face.

Guest Princess Leena
Leena, why do you actively root against the Bills?

Because I have a significant wager against them this week. And last week.

Guest Felonies!
Chris Henry got benched for today's game. They might want to check that gatorade cup of his that is being held with a death grip.

Four arrests in nine months?

Chris Henry got benched for today's game. They might want to check that gatorade cup of his that is being held with a death grip.

Four arrests in nine months?

It only took someone else getting arrested for them to do something with Henry. Progress?

Any update on Laverneous Cole? The Colts player looked really concerned about him when my CBS affiliate swichted over to SD-Bmore.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

You must not have seen many Jets games during the Herm Edwards era. He was so atrocious that he basically had to go to clock management remedial classes.

I live in Indiana and don't like the Jets anyway. The New York market isn't THAT big.

Guest Felonies!

Why is Notre Dame like the default college football team for New York? Catholic thing?

What I have learned this week:

The Colts are not as good as previous years and have no running game. But Peyton is still a winner.

The Jets can't D-Up under pressure.

The Saints are not that good.

The Vikings offense is awful.

The Cowboys have a pretty good offense and Bledsoe is throwing well.

Titans fans are great. Even when their team is getting blown out they still stick around th give Young a huge ovation when he comes up with nice plays.

Carolina is slowly getting back on track. They get off to a slow start nearly every year, seemingly.

So far the elite look to be: Cincy, Indy, Baltimore and Philly, Chicago.

Guest Felonies!

One loss by 3 to STEVE SMITH STEVE SMITH STEVE SMITH and they're not that good?

The Saints lost their first game of the season by 3 on the road to a team every anlayst in the free world picked to go to or win the Super Bowl. It's not like they got blown out by the Raiders or Dolphins. No one was expecting them to run the table, so ragging on them for this loss seems a bit extreme. If they'd won today Carolina would have been in some deep shit, so the fact that they barely won was more of a statement about how much NO has improved than anything else.