TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 5

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Agent, can you pick up 780 in Fort Wayne? Worst case scenario, you can go with that.

I got to watch the Colts win and the Packers get beat; that's satisfying enough for one week.

I have no idea which AM stations I get. I kind of scan around until it hits football on my drive to work.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

The center of all football media getting sage advice from Idiot Kicker. That's so awesome. Probably said something like "I bet Miami will sign us both next season."

Y'know T.O. could blow up on Bledsoe, and he'd actually have reason to now.

Not that McNabb is seriously much better.

Hoooommmmeerrrrr....

Don't be mad because Favre threw his usual INTs against the Eagles last week AGAIN....

What does Brett Favre have to do with the Dallas-Philly game?

The fact that McNabb kills the Packers all the time, and VX catches feelings and doesn't give McNabb the credit he deverses.

Guest Felonies!

I still can't get over "Donovan McNabb Shuffle."

960 out of South Bend has the Bears too.

I still can't get over "Donovan McNabb Shuffle."

Let's not get fancy now the team doesn't want Lito Sheppard or Brian Westbrook to pull a hammy.

The packers game was fun to watch live besides the ending. I met a lot of nice packers fans. I will talk more later about the game and the city of green bay when I return home to Rhode Island. I got some shitty wireless service here at the hotel.

Roethlisbungler's having an AWESOME season so far. He remains perfect with 0 TDs and now has a robust 7 INTs in 99 attempts.

The only really glaring flaw in McNabb's game currently is his nasty habit of bouncing throws to WRs a few times per game for no really good reason.

Y'know T.O. could blow up on Bledsoe, and he'd actually have reason to now.

Not that McNabb is seriously much better.

Hoooommmmeerrrrr....

Don't be mad because Favre threw his usual INTs against the Eagles last week AGAIN....

Like last season, almost half of Favre's picks this year have been off of dropped/bungled catches. Tony Kornheiser actually said something worthwhile during that game when he said that those really shouldn't count against the quarterback the same as throwing it to a defender. It's not like the Eagles get past the Bears (or even the Seahawks at full strength), so I'm not worried about it.

I got a warm, happy feeling from hearing the guys on Fox say late in the Dallas/Philadelphia game that the sight of Owens yelling at people on the sideline was getting old. When Fox, depraved marketer of sports, has had enough of an attention whoring player there's a little hope for humanity left.

Great win for the Eagles this week.

A few things:

- Westbrook needs to be deactivated and have the knee scoped for 4-6 weeks while the Eagles play winnable games with New Orleans and Tampa Bay, then get a bye, and have a winnable game w/ the Jags.

- WAY too many dropped passes.

- McNabb's having the best year of his career.

- Lack of big hit on TO sucked. TO crying on the sidelines like the biggest pussy in the world all game was great, though. When you need advice from the alcoholic "idiot kicker" Vanderjact, it's really sad. Poor guy. Bledsoe killed the Cowboys' chances.

- Looking forward to a fun game w/ the Saints.

- Lack of big hit on TO sucked. TO crying on the sidelines like the biggest pussy in the world all game was great, though. When you need advice from the alcoholic "idiot kicker" Vanderjact, it's really sad. Poor guy. Bledsoe killed the Cowboys' chances.

If he would have made more of an effort to catch that one pass down the middle, we might have seen it. I think Troy even mentioned him not making an effort out of fear of a big hit.

If he would have made more of an effort to catch that one pass down the middle, we might have seen it. I think Troy even mentioned him not making an effort out of fear of a big hit.

Yeah in one of the dropped passes he had, Shawn Barber was coming to take his head off.

Seriously though it's good to see Lito Sheppard back, he had a great game.

I got a warm, happy feeling from hearing the guys on Fox say late in the Dallas/Philadelphia game that the sight of Owens yelling at people on the sideline was getting old. When Fox, depraved marketer of sports, has had enough of an attention whoring player there's a little hope for humanity left.

Fox sold the game on the premise of "OMG TO goes back to Philly!" And how many times could they mention that he was doing absolutely nothing? If anything, calling attention to the fans yelling at him (which almost no one would've picked up on tv) is just more attention whoring. NBC was pretty shameless in their post-game interview too. McNabb says on the first question he doesn't care about the TO thing, so naturally the interviewer follows up asking more questions about him. At least I didn't hear anything about him on CBS (though I didn't see any of their studio show).

Guest Vitamin X

Exactly. That's unnecessary. (the homerism part in particular)

The fact that McNabb kills the Packers all the time, and VX catches feelings and doesn't give McNabb the credit he deverses.

Again, what does this have to do with the game? I miss last season, when the Eagles had a bad season and all the bad ones, like this douchebag, shut up.

Anyways, I haven't seen McNabb play a really good defense yet, although he does get great props for tonight's ripping of the Cowboys. But, there's still many quarterbacks I'd take over McNabb.

Also, interesting stat: David Carr has the highest passer rating in the NFL up to this point.

Guest Vitamin X

I haven't seen many Cowboy games this year, but from the looks of it, Bledsoe's played a lot worse than I thought when I made that statement.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm REALLY curious to see how Philly would play against a team like Chicago.